Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:55:43 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Releases ? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: New Releases ?  (Read 2039 times)
Scott
« on: April 18, 2002, 12:22:26 AM »

Hear are some new releases that I haven't seen have been thinking of renting on DVD, What do you think of these films? Has anyone seen them all? What order do you rate them?

The Score
Jeepers Creepers
Mulholland Drive
Swordfish
13 Ghost (2001)
Musketeer (2001)
Dracula (2000)

I just notice that the last three are not only old idea's but actually been done before with the same title type names.
Heather
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2002, 12:44:50 AM »

I just saw "13 Ghosts", the remake, this weekend and it was terrible. Me and my family wanted the little kid to die, he was so annoying. To be fair, it was laughably bad in some spots, so it had that much. If you do rent it, get the dvd version, since it comes with this cool feature that tells a little story about each ghost. This part was actually better than the film itself.

Do not see "Dracula 2000"! I saw it in the theatre and it was so bad that it actually angered me. There are one or two good ideas in it, but they are buried under the sheer laziness of the director and most of the actors. (Christopher Plummer and Johnny Lee Miller excluded)

I've heard great things about "Mulholland Drive", though I haven't seen it yet. I love Lynch though. "Jeepers Creepers" had some good moments and the setting in the beginning of the film was great, but ultimately it was pretty dissapointing.

Heather
Lee
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2002, 01:05:40 AM »

Don't waist your time on Jeepers Creepers! The damn movie will drive you nuts! Granted people in B-movies don't tend to be geneiouses(sorry for my awful spelling)but COME ON!!! s**t people!
john
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2002, 03:37:54 AM »

I liked Jeepers Creepers, although I agree that the psychic woman wasn't needed and should have been left out of the film. Having a psychic to tell the main characters what's happening ranks right up there some guy running up at the last minute with a book that tells them just what they need to know.

Dracula 2000 was ok, not great, but not horrible either. As a plus, it has singer Vitamin C (AKA Colleen Fitzpatrick) topless.
Lee
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2002, 10:24:04 AM »

I also liked Dracula 2000. OK maybe it ain't the greatest movie ever but is good for a fun Saturday Night. At the very least, there are a lot of HOT CHICKS in this flick! NEED I SAY MORE?
Heather
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2002, 11:06:19 AM »

To me, all of the women in "D2000" were pretty bland. If someone is going for a babe element in horror film, women such as Linnea Quigley, Michelle Bauer, Ingrid Pitt, or even Denice Duff are far more interesting than Jeri Ryan, Jennifer Esposito, or even Vitamin C. (though she was good in Hairspray and in the band Eve's Plum). But then again, I'm a hetero woman, so never mind.  ;)

-Heather
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2002, 11:33:08 AM »

> But then again, I'm a hetero woman, so never mind.

Interestingly, my wife knows what I like in physical appearance in a women and will usually smack me if someone whom she thinks I think is attractive comes on the screen.

She's usually right
Gerry
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2002, 12:10:39 PM »

JEEPERS CREEPERS is pretty fun if you don't expect too much going into it.

THE MUSKETEER has some good Hong-Kong style action mixed in with the Dumas story.  I thought it was pretty entertaining.  Again, don't expect much more than lots of cool fight scenes.
Flangepart
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2002, 02:50:35 PM »

THE FLOOR. : Deadly Tile terrorises a shower manufacturer.  JEEPERS CREEPERS : 4 wheel drive mecanics who kill.  MyHOLLAND DIVE : Slezy Dutch Nightlife. BOREDFISH : Hollywood stars who induce comas in sea creatures by trying to sell them on Scientology. 13 TOASTS : Breakfast food that smears YOU with jelly. (Starring Haywood Banks). MUSKESTEER : Bovine swordsquardriped and hero of Vegans everywere. and, finaly.......QUACKULA : Translvanian Water fowl has a grudge aginst Chinese restaraunt chain.
Heather
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2002, 03:46:07 PM »

I vote for "Quakula" as long as Count Duckula gets a cameo appearance.

-Heather
AndyC
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2002, 06:35:06 PM »

Duckula was pretty good, but Nanny and Igor were the real stars of that show.
Heather
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2002, 07:25:18 PM »

Wow, that's so neat that you used to watch Duckula too. I haven't seen it in so many ways. How strange that my first exposure to vegetarianism was through a vampire duck.

-Heather
Phantom 187
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2002, 01:37:05 AM »

I think Danger Mouse Rules over Duckula though but Duckula kicks Dark wing Duck's ass.

http://www.geocities.com/evaristo_z/
I have the Duckula songs here :) check them out.sorry didn't know how to embed them on here. You'll need real player.

Phantom 187
Flangepart
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2002, 11:18:04 AM »

Ay idea if there are Danger Mouse dvds? I liked that show. Good writing, and thats hard to come by. Also, any idea what happened to Big Guy and Rusty, the boy robot? Maby its a local choice, but its not playing in Columbus any more.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2002, 11:18:15 PM »

I don't know from DVD, but there are DANGER MOUSE tapes available from Amazon or any reputable outlet.  I was tempted to buy them, but they're 10 bucks a pop.

"Are you saying I'm fat?"
"Yes, Nanny."
"Oh. . . well, that's alright then."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Releases ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.