Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:22:34 PM
714407 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Road rage: ever got out of your car? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Road rage: ever got out of your car?  (Read 3278 times)
claws
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:36:02 AM »

Honking horns, rude gestures, or verbal insults is one thing. Getting out the car is another. Ever gone that far?
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:13:05 AM »

Not I, but a friend of mine is now a convicted felon for getting out of his car and causing some structural damage with a golf club.

Some times you should just let things go.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:39:43 AM »

Glad to say no, have come rather close to getting out of the car.  Some people are just rude a-holes.  One guy had his high beams on me for about 5 miles.  I did nothing to this guy, he just decided to be a d!ck to me.  When he passed me I flipped him off, luckily my wife calmed me down.  I probably would have beat the snot out of him.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 06:58:09 AM »

Nope, the middle finger salute is about as far as I go.  One time I was driving to work, cruising along in the left lane of the freeway at normal speed, slowly gliding past some guy in the right lane.  Then suddenly another guy was driving along the shoulder and swerved back on the road and was gesturing like he wanted me to pull over.  He seemed extremely agitated  BounceGiggle    I guess he was mad because I was in the left lane but going less than 100 mph, like he wanted to go?  I dunno, I thought it was pretty funny actually.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:11:12 AM »

No but my Father was cut off once. In a rage he drove up next to the guy and pushed him into a ditch and drove away.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:25:29 AM »

No but my Father was cut off once. In a rage he drove up next to the guy and pushed him into a ditch and drove away.
DAMN! Buggedout

Once I was up on the highway, going up to LSU to pick up my sister, and this A-hole of a trucker kept tailgating me. I looked down and saw I was doing 85 MPH!  Buggedout on the friggen Spillway! Buggedout Buggedout

yeah no.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:46:59 AM »

DAMN! Buggedout

Once I was up on the highway, going up to LSU to pick up my sister, and this A-hole of a trucker kept tailgating me. I looked down and saw I was doing 85 MPH!  Buggedout on the friggen Spillway! Buggedout Buggedout

Wow.

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 09:03:06 AM »

I've not really gotten mad at anyone, other then when people on small backroads keep the highbeams on when they pass you. but I have been flipped off a few times

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 09:15:50 AM »

Never. Would I ever? Good question. If it was an accident and the other driver was grossly negligent and my kids were in the car, I may have a harder time controlling my rage. I'm grateful that's never happened.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 10:18:58 AM »

Sort of.  I was driving down the highway, at the speed limit, when this guy cam weaving in and out of traffic, going about 130 (km/h).  Driving like crazy and all.  So he speed off, and about 15 minutes later I see his car in a ditch and he's trying to thumb a ride.  I pulled over, rolled down my window, just looked at him, laughed and drove off.

I'm a terrible person. Lookingup
Hammock Rider

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 10:41:44 AM »

I've heard too many stories about this from my brother who is a police officer. You never know who you'll be dealing with or what their motivations are so it's just a lot safer to never get out of the car.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »

No, but this does remind me of something I saw once on my way home from highschool.

For some reason where I went to high school every student driver for the most part drove fast as hell (I know real strech). Once for some reason this car was going aroud what I guess was 70 in a 35 behind this other car for a good four blocks. The guy going 70 had happy hands and kept honking the horn as the person in front of him dared to go 40. I was behind this speed demon.

Once we reached a stop light. The woman being pesterd got out of her car and shouted at the guy behind her to stop honking, althought she used much more colorful language. Happy hands didn't oblige to this request and kept honking.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 11:50:59 AM »

I drive for a living and talk alot of s**t but I never take it personally. I can give someone the finger and be next to them at the next sotop light and feel nothing. It's just communication.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 12:50:59 PM »

I am a very uptight, impatient driver.  I frequently complain and swear about other drivers.  I love it when people have vanity plates so I actually have a name to use during my tirade.  "Come on, SARA K, move your ass!"  But I've never been involved in any physical violence related to driving.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 01:55:07 PM »

Funny related story. I tend to just vent when driving, always have, but it doesn't ever mean any more than that. So, if somebody cuts me off, or anything else that annoys me on the road, I tend to say something profane, not even loud enough for them to hear, just for my own venting purposes. Examples would include "Way to go dickhead," "nice signal, numbnuts," or "stupid f**k."

About a year ago, when my oldest son was about 2 years old, I was pulling into a parking lot trying to find a pool supply store to buy some bromine tablets for our hot tub. Some idiot cut me off and I said "you dumb f**k," as I wasn't fully used to censoring myself for my kid yet. My son Miles immediately repeated the f-word and I thought "oh no, we're going to get home and my wife is going to kill me when she hears him repeating that."

Luckily, when we got in the store, there was a display of floaty things for holding chlorine tablets that had frogs on them, so I immediately diverted him into say "frog" instead of "f**k." It worked, and he went home saying "frog" over and over instead of the other.

Whew!

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Road rage: ever got out of your car? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.