Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:12:21 AM
714396 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  most hated movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: most hated movies  (Read 55537 times)
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2022, 02:45:58 PM »

Any Movie that has Will Ferrell or Dane Cook.

I'm a rabid Will Ferrell hater but I have to admit that his Mugatu role in ZOOLANDER is excelent. Probably the only good thing he has ever done in his life.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Cult_Moody_Movies
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2022, 10:53:52 PM »

Scream (1996)

During my high school days this movie was all over the place. When I was getting into the horror films of 1960's, 70's and 80's the rest of my school was obsessed over Scream. When I finally got around to watching it, I couldn't believe how over hyped and overrated it was. Scream is a slasher film for those that hate slasher films. If Kevin Williamson and snobbish critics actually did their research many slasher/horror films already had films that parodied or put spins on the formula. Its a film that thinks it is so cleaver and smarter then it thinks it is (April Fools Day, There's Nothing Out There, New Nighmare and others for example). The kills aren't that great, the humor is obnoxious, and reeks of everything I hate about 90's horror films.

I've also never been a huge Wes Craven after Last House on the Left, The Hills have Eyes, and Nightmare on Elm Street were the peak of his career. Everything else was a mess or clearly him being a director for hire. Scream was Craven's sell out moment. Scream also spawned all the knock offs like I Know What You Did Last Summer, Valentine, Urban Legend and the various sequels.

To steal Ebert's gimmick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQWw5_bKegQ
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2022, 11:32:19 AM »

Any Movie that has Will Ferrell or Dane Cook.

I'm a rabid Will Ferrell hater but I have to admit that his Mugatu role in ZOOLANDER is excelent. Probably the only good thing he has ever done in his life.

Even Zoolander he sucks the life out of that role..at least for me.  The rest of the movie and cast is fine.. just Ferrell is totally unfunny and untaltented
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2022, 11:53:22 PM »

Someone on the first page mentioned Dondi and I would definitely concur. I can't think of a worse ass movie
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2022, 03:39:22 AM »

BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2022, 08:03:19 AM »

Scream (1996)

During my high school days this movie was all over the place. When I was getting into the horror films of 1960's, 70's and 80's the rest of my school was obsessed over Scream. When I finally got around to watching it, I couldn't believe how over hyped and overrated it was. Scream is a slasher film for those that hate slasher films. If Kevin Williamson and snobbish critics actually did their research many slasher/horror films already had films that parodied or put spins on the formula. Its a film that thinks it is so cleaver and smarter then it thinks it is (April Fools Day, There's Nothing Out There, New Nighmare and others for example). The kills aren't that great, the humor is obnoxious, and reeks of everything I hate about 90's horror films.

I've also never been a huge Wes Craven after Last House on the Left, The Hills have Eyes, and Nightmare on Elm Street were the peak of his career. Everything else was a mess or clearly him being a director for hire. Scream was Craven's sell out moment. Scream also spawned all the knock offs like I Know What You Did Last Summer, Valentine, Urban Legend and the various sequels.

To steal Ebert's gimmick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQWw5_bKegQ

From what I understand, SCREAM was supposed to be a parody of the slasher genre, aimed at its followers, filled with cliches and tropes that only they would recognize and enjoy. Strangely, it caused the opposite effect, and revitalized the genre like never before.

Beefcurtanz
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2022, 11:00:59 AM »

I hate:

Anna vs the Apocalypse
The Midnight Hour
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Frighteners
The Funhouse Massacre
Hobo with a Shotgun
Hoboken Hollow
Larva
Leprechaun: Origins

..........and more to follow for sure
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2022, 04:13:18 PM »

+1 for SCREAM. nowhere near as clever or sharp as it thinks it is.

the only 2 wes craven films I truly enjoy are LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT and THE HILLS HAVE EYES PART 2! (don't even like the first one)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 04:25:16 PM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2022, 05:05:35 PM »

Ready Player One
To paraphrase a youtube comment-"Its a movie for people who think liking pop culture is a personality"

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol:2
Liked the first one. HATED the second one. Everyone felt like a parody of the characters they were in the first one. I've described it as a movie that's laughing too hard at its own jokes.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2022, 09:59:41 AM »

when I started this thread back in April a lot of my opinions have changed from the very first post, so here's a new list of the complete list of my my hated films and each and every one of them managed to get me very angry and/or offended the hell out of me while watching them

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)

Night of the Hunter (1955)   -- sorry Rev.

Why?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2022, 04:11:00 PM »

when I started this thread back in April a lot of my opinions have changed from the very first post, so here's a new list of the complete list of my my hated films and each and every one of them managed to get me very angry and/or offended the hell out of me while watching them

Why?  Question

I am curious to know too.  ARSENIC AND OLD LACE is a great film from a wonderful play.  NIGHT OF THE HUNTER is a masterpiece. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2022, 04:22:14 PM »

Why?  Question

I am curious to know too.  ARSENIC AND OLD LACE is a great film from a wonderful play.  NIGHT OF THE HUNTER is a masterpiece. 

I have to admit I was wondering about the hate for Arsenic and Old Lace too. It is my favourite B/W movie.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Cult_Moody_Movies
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2022, 06:24:48 PM »

From what I understand, SCREAM was supposed to be a parody of the slasher genre, aimed at its followers, filled with cliches and tropes that only they would recognize and enjoy. Strangely, it caused the opposite effect, and revitalized the genre like never before.

Like I said, I thank it for getting horror back in the mainstream but the glut of horror films that came out were poor at best. All of them trying to copy Scream or turning legacy franchises into Scream (Halloween H20 for example). Also the parody aspect was used to sell it to the studios as the horror genre becoming less popular with studio elites.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2022, 10:24:36 AM »

To continue this awesome thread, I'm going to add one that I hate with a passion: A CLOCKWORK ORANGE. If I have to define that movie in a single word, it would be disgusting.

From the main characters, to the camera work, setting, dialog, scenes, and conclusion. Everything simply induces me a gag reaction. And the fact that almost everybody I know holds it as some kind of masterpiece makes it worse.

Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2022, 01:05:21 PM »

1. Those  Abrams drek movies. All of them.
2. Muphy's nutty professor movies.
3. White chicks.
4. 2025 the world enslaved by a virus.
5. The cloverfield paradox.
6. All christian movies that feature the usual angry straw man atheist.
7. The second IJ movie.
8. Ferris bueller meets notzilla.
9. Valley of the wolves.
10. I saw the devil.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  most hated movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.