Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:42:35 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Friends With Benefits « previous next »
Poll
Question: Have You Ever Had A "Friend With Benefits"
Yes - 5 (27.8%)
No - 13 (72.2%)
Not Sure - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Friends With Benefits  (Read 4603 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: April 23, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »

Ok first off, this is a racy subject so if we could keep it somewhat clean I'd appreciate it.  Friends with benefits is a common term nowadays to describe a friend that you...well...do the "nasty" with.  I'm not talking either of saying "my girlfriend/wife is my best friend" rather a sexual relationship that exists mainly for just the act. 

I've done it once.  It started out rather nice but things made a turn for the worse rather quickly.  The person I was involved with became attached and I quickly had to stop our arrangement.

I think if my marriage (knock on wood) ceased to exist, I think I'd have a few of these arrangements.  However, I'd do everything in my power to not make the mistakes I did in my past experience.  They say if you do this sort of thing, you should simply part ways right after the act.  That way emotions don't cloud things up.

Thoughts?  I'd be interested in the different perceptions coming from both male and female sides of things.  Once again please keep it somewhat clean.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 09:56:13 PM »

No but I have no problem with the idea.  Just can't get along with people well enough to have such a close thing going with a friendship.  It would crash and burn too quickly. 

Ah, the good old days.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 10:15:08 PM »

I'm hopelessly old fashioned.  I've never slept with anyone but the girl I married, and not until after we were wed.  It's really not a bad system - I can honestly say she is the absolute best I have ever had, and she can say the same about me!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 10:27:33 PM »

Nope.  Tried, but it ended a good friendship ... bitterly.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 02:49:32 AM »

In my younger days I had a few friends with benefits.  They were guys who I was genuine friends with and we hung out and did fun stuff together but if we were ever between partners, we'd "catch up" for a few hours and it was pretty awesome.  It was a good way for me to test my skills out on the opposite sex  TeddyR

As time went by I became more interested in full on relationships than casual hook ups.

I wouldn't do them now, but man, they were super fun  Cheers

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 04:32:56 AM »

Yes, and I'm guessing this will be a common theme on this topic, it did not end well. I was having incredible sex with this girl a couple of times a week, but then I wanted more (I don't like sleeping around) and she was just getting together with someone else, so I had to back off because emotions were getting the better of me (which doesn't take long!) and I would have been jammed in the middle of a messy situation.

The thing was, it started up again a year or two later, by which time I wasn't that interested and was fine with the arrangement, but then she started getting attached to me. We decided we shouldn't ruin our friendship and so, sex was off the table. About two days later we were back in bed and soon after that it was all over and ruined. I find that it's best not to get involved, because either, you end up falling for the "friend" or hurting someone else if you continue to carry on once other partners are found.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:36:31 AM by Circus Circus » Logged

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 06:35:13 AM »

No way.  I'm far too jealous, possessive and emotionally fragile to even think about something like that.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 07:02:04 AM »

I could have at one time, but instead she decided to lie to me and say she wanted a relationship.  Little did I know she only wanted to make her son's father jealous.   Hatred
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 07:19:02 AM »

In my younger days I had a few friends with benefits.  They were guys who I was genuine friends with and we hung out and did fun stuff together but if we were ever between partners, we'd "catch up" for a few hours and it was pretty awesome.  It was a good way for me to test my skills out on the opposite sex  TeddyR

As time went by I became more interested in full on relationships than casual hook ups.

I love you...only platonically yes but I do love you.  TeddyR

DarkSider's Realm

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 04:14:54 PM »

I couldn't do it. It would kill me emotionally because I know i'd want a relationship even if I tried to not want one.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 05:43:46 PM »

I want one. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Paquita

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 09:45:01 PM »

Whoa!  I couldn't imagine doin' it with someone I didn't love.. and someone that wasn't blubbering, blithering, hand-clapping, drooling, rainbow shooting, heart fartingly in love with me.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 10:31:20 PM »

I love you...only platonically yes but I do love you.  TeddyR

Right back at you, big guy  Cheers   TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 06:39:26 AM »

In my younger days I had a few friends with benefits.  They were guys who I was genuine friends with and we hung out and did fun stuff together but if we were ever between partners, we'd "catch up" for a few hours and it was pretty awesome.  It was a good way for me to test my skills out on the opposite sex  TeddyR

I wouldn't do them now, but man, they were super fun  Cheers
I love you...only platonically yes but I do love you.  TeddyR

Right back at you, big guy  Cheers   TeddyR

XOXOXOXOXO (everyone else please give KB and I some time alone in this thread) TeddyR

DarkSider's Realm

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 07:29:00 AM »

In my younger days I had a few friends with benefits.  They were guys who I was genuine friends with and we hung out and did fun stuff together but if we were ever between partners, we'd "catch up" for a few hours and it was pretty awesome.  It was a good way for me to test my skills out on the opposite sex  TeddyR

I wouldn't do them now, but man, they were super fun  Cheers

I love you...only platonically yes but I do love you.  TeddyR

Right back at you, big guy  Cheers   TeddyR

XOXOXOXOXO (everyone else please give KB and I some time alone in this thread) TeddyR

Small | Large

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Friends With Benefits « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.