Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Bin Laden Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Bin Laden Dead  (Read 50490 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »

And now that the biggest game of all has been bagged and tagged, the White House wants us to go on their "word" that Bin Laden is actually dead. 
Personally, I feel they should show them. 
Sure, the hatred coming from the Middle East and Pakistan at this time ( and the amount of controversy arising from his killing) is some proof that it's true, but some visual confirmation would be nice too.   Sometimes word is not enough.

But the feeling is is that doing so would incite more anger and all that stuff, so apparently we'll never get to see it. Seems the White House more interested in keeping Al Qaeda and The Taliban pacified than proving his word to the American people.
"Pacified"?  "Pacified"??   Question  He just authorized the Navy Seals to assassinate Al Qaeda's leader. 
OBAMA stated that he did not want to display "trophies".  Though I'm curious to see such picture too, I agree with our President.  OSAMA BIN LADEN is dead

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 10:29:31 PM »

And now that the biggest game of all has been bagged and tagged, the White House wants us to go on their "word" that Bin Laden is actually dead. 
Sure, the hatred coming from the Middle East and Pakistan at this time ( and the amount of controversy arising from his killing) is some proof that it's true, but some visual confirmation would be nice too.   Sometimes word is not enough.

But the feeling is is that doing so would incite more anger and all that stuff, so apparently we'll never get to see it. Seems the White House more interested in keeping Al Qaeda and The Taliban pacified than proving his word to the American people.
"Pacified"?  "Pacified"??   Question  He just authorized the Navy Seals to assassinate Al Qaeda's leader. 
OBAMA stated that he did not want to display "trophies".  Though I'm curious to see such picture too, I agree with our President.  OSAMA BIN LADEN is dead

And anybody who doubts it isn't going to be convinced by pictures anyway.

When you think about it, this is not something anyone is going to lie about. If Obama said Bin Laden was dead and it wasn't true, Al Quaeda would know, and so would the rest of us, because Al Jazeera would be getting a video from old fur face with proof to the contrary. If he's not dead (and I have no reason to believe he isn't), he's at least out of circulation. And to me it makes no difference if he's dead or locked up in a very deep hole with no trial or chance of release.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2011, 11:41:53 PM »

I just read this (as I haven't been on in awhile) but I guess I should explain.

I agree with you and Andy C that Osama is indeed dead and gone (and good riddance) because it's true that this is something no President would lie about, and that Al Qaeda and the Taliban have proved. This is not an issue with me.

What I meant by pacification, was Obama's unwillingness to show the picture, as it might "anger" the extremists or some people back home who disagree with our actions, is sort of wrong.

Al Qaeda videotaped behadings of people in Iraq a few years back,  slit the throat of Daniel Pearl, and have repeatedly done the lowest possible things to other humans that could be imagined.

And I personally feel, regardless of the controversy, that we should celebrate the passing of this low life piece of sh*t regardless of what anyone thinks, by shoving it back in their faces.

The war is going to escalate anyhow now as a result, so what harm will it do? Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Someone will probabaly leak the photo in time, anyway.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Jim H

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »

So..  You're saying the US government should act like Al-Qaeda even when there is nothing to be gained by doing so?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2011, 02:10:02 PM »

I think they've sent a perfect message by handling the deliberate killing of a hated enemy in a tasteful and respectful manner, with a proper Muslim funeral and some discretion with regard to photos and grisly details. I think it's right precisely because Al Quaeda have demonstrated repeatedly that they would not do the same in that situation. America, on the other hand, will not deny even Osama Bin Laden some dignity in death. It clearly demonstrates the difference between one side and the other.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:34:28 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2011, 02:53:29 PM »

I think they've sent a perfect message by handling the deliberate killing of a hated enemy in a tasteful and respectful manner, with a proper Muslim funeral and some discretion with regard to photos and grisly details. I think it's right precisely because Al Quaeda have demonstrated repeatedly that they would not do the same in that situation. America, on the other had, will not deny even Osama Bin Laden some dignity in death. It clearly demonstrates the difference between one side and the other.
Thoughtful remarks, well stated. 

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2011, 05:45:05 PM »

I'm a law of the jungle kind of guy as you all well know by now. The guy perpetuated what will probably go down as the greatest/ most horrible spectacle in modern history. That the country who was attacked would hunt him down and kill him ...if you are shocked or suprised by that you are pretty naive.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2011, 01:49:24 AM »

So..  You're saying the US government should act like Al-Qaeda even when there is nothing to be gained by doing so?

Appreciate your reply, but the fact is is that you don't win a street fight by hitting above the belt.  I guess maybe we'll throw milk and cookies at them the next time and see what that gets us....

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Jim H

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2011, 11:51:38 AM »

Appreciate your reply, but the fact is is that you don't win a street fight by hitting above the belt.  I guess maybe we'll throw milk and cookies at them the next time and see what that gets us....

You agreed it would anger extremists and implied it might escalate the war (by saying it is going to escalate regardless) and you offered no actual logical reason to release the photo.  So...  I guess this is the stage where I stop talking.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »

What are you talking about?  We hit Al Qaeda HARD and a clear message has been sent.  You are just too partisan.  At our President's order, our NAVY SEALS killed the fiend.  The photos weren't to be released because the USA doesn't need to display trophies.  Milk and cookies?  That's just a prejudiced, officious, unwarranted remark.  Silly in fact.  'Kay, you don't like OBAMA.   Lookingup

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2011, 07:08:20 AM »

You certainly don't win a street fight by pointless grandstanding.

---------------------
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »

What are you talking about?  We hit Al Qaeda HARD and a clear message has been sent.  You are just too partisan.  At our President's order, our NAVY SEALS killed the fiend.  The photos weren't to be released because the USA doesn't need to display trophies.  Milk and cookies?  That's just a prejudiced, officious, unwarranted remark.  Silly in fact.  'Kay, you don't like OBAMA.   Lookingup

Hmm..I can understand "unwarranted" and "officious", but how in the heck is
"milk and cookies"  a prejudiced statement?  Question

Second, I'm not falling for your assumptions that my disagreement with Obama's policies (or anyone else's disagreements with them) is hatred in any way shape or form.  That was never the case, regardless of the monotone ramblings of Keith Olberman or any other Media pundit who made up this BS.

You pulled it on Indy and I before, but this is where it stops.

Now, as to the photo issue, I'll address you and Jim H here:
You agreed it would anger extremists and implied it might escalate the war (by saying it is going to escalate regardless) and you offered no actual logical reason to release the photo.  So...  I guess this is the stage where I stop talking.

Yes I DID say the war would escalate now that the Al Qaeda's Top Turban is history. So would it really matter if Al Qaeda is angered at this point?  No. So show us the money. What does it matter at this point? Show the photo.

Oh but this will undoubtedly get labelled as shameful celebration and gloating by some (if not all) and to that, I say this:

I have no doubt that some of the lawmakers themselves have lived it up behind closed doors and walked around with hard-ons and attitudes in their  own private time in and away from The Hill after getting Bin Laden.  And if anyone says they haven't, then beachfront property in Arizona is up for sale at 3.9 % fixed for the life of the loan...

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »

What are you talking about?  We hit Al Qaeda HARD and a clear message has been sent.  You are just too partisan.  At our President's order, our NAVY SEALS killed the fiend.  The photos weren't to be released because the USA doesn't need to display trophies.  Milk and cookies?  That's just a prejudiced, officious, unwarranted remark.  Silly in fact.  'Kay, you don't like OBAMA.   Lookingup
Hmm..I can understand "unwarranted" and "officious", but how in the heck is
"milk and cookies"  a prejudiced statement?  Question
Prejudiced against our Democrat President, because he is a Democrat.  Uhm... "prejudiced" does not necessarily mean "racist".   Lookingup  

Second, I'm not falling for your assumptions that my disagreement with Obama's policies (or anyone else's disagreements with them) is hatred in any way shape or form.  That was never the case, regardless of the monotone ramblings of Keith Olberman or any other Media pundit who made up this BS.
You pulled it on Indy and I before, but this is where it stops...
First, you don't "like" OBAMA (and the word "hate" was never used).

Second, I never "pulled" anything on you and dragging Indiana into your need to argue is also unwarranted.  Indianasmith is my friend whom I often disagree with, and sometimes debate with - always respectfully.  You don't need to invoke anyone else to explain or excuse your behavior.  It speaks for itself.  Don't hide behind someone else. I don't need to.  I'll defend somebody, but I won't hide behind anyone.  

Third, what needs to stop is your assumptions, failure to construe true meaning in my postings (and I'll go there) or anyone else's that you disagree with, and constant politicizing of threads that are NOT political.  

Fourth, I had made the effort to make peace with you and also offered friendship.  Friends can disagree, but friends do not drag up old crap that you imagine happened (and in the process remind me of being hideously insulted repeatedly by you).  I do think I wrote way back when that you were a "dimwit" so I'll own insulting you back.  That is "insulting you back" as in repaying in kind.  So, it's water over the dam; don't bring it up.  
And I will not argue with you further, but, dude, know who you are and own it.  
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:51:43 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2011, 04:42:10 PM »

First, you don't "like" OBAMA (and the word "hate" was never used).

Dosen't mean that I don't have the right to question you or your context of the wording.  I have a right to know, as you or anyone do, the right to question the context of another's semantics when lodging an accusation or assessing the context of a word lodged in accusation of a certain behavior.

I could say the same for you when you drew your own line between "ascended" and "risen" when you needed to invalidate and contradict Indy's definition of the phrase  "Risen Jesus" in the Easter thread awhile back, because you differed with him as per your stark religious differences.

You questioned his context, and therefore,  it is my right to question you on your context when you address me. As you also have the right to agree or not.

Second, I never "pulled" anything on you and dragging Indiana into your need to argue is also unwarranted.  Indianasmith is my friend whom I often disagree with, and sometimes debate with - always respectfully.  You don't need to invoke anyone else to explain or excuse your behavior.  It speaks for itself.  Don't hide behind someone else. I don't need to.  I'll defend somebody, but I won't hide behind anyone.

I'm not hiding behind anyone. You have done it to both Indy and I before.
You have openly laughed and criticized both of us in past threads.

And then, you use the fact that you and Indy are "long time friends" to excuse his criticisms,  while you throw me under the bus because I'm the newbie that talks circles around you in my own right.

So you are indeed making a fool out of and using Indy by taking his friendship for granted when it comes to either accepting or deflecting criticism. 

Third, what needs to stop is your assumptions, failure to construe true meaning in my postings (and I'll go there) or anyone else's that you disagree with, and constant politicizing of threads that are NOT political.

Back at ya', bud. Try reading my stuff and making an effort to understand before you relegate it to "over-rationalization."  As well as realizing that right or wrong I have a right to opine just as much as anyone else regardless of it's interpretation.

Fourth, I had made the effort to make peace with you and also offered friendship.  Friends can disagree, but friends do not drag up old crap that you imagine happened (and in the process remind me of being hideously insulted repeatedly by you).

I HAVE lived by the peace accord. I'm not trying to insult you now, and I have not called you any names. And I thank you for doing the same. But I have rights too.

I am simply asking questions I am perfectly entitled to ask, and questioning certain behaviors as well. I am also perfectly entitled to know where my fellow boardmembers stand on the issues as well, morally, politically or otherwise.

I'm sorry if my deeper nature offends you. If digging deeper helps me to get true feelings of a person, so be it. Sometimes, assumptions get people to relay their true feelings, as they open up and defend their TRUE positions in a way others can truly feel and appreciate. And right or wrong, honesty deserves respect.  There's no black and white roadmap to getting the true feelings of an individual, sometimes it calls for alternate measures.

I do think I wrote way back when that you were a "dimwit" so I'll own insulting you back.  That is "insulting you back" as in repaying in kind.  So, it's water over the dam; don't bring it up.

Hasn't been brought up at all, save for your mention of it here.  It's all good.

And I will not argue with you further, but, dude, know who you are and own it

As I ask you to do the same.  Peace out.  Cheers

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2011, 05:46:06 PM »

...And then, you use the fact that you and Indy are "long time friends" to excuse his criticisms,  while you throw me under the bus because I'm the newbie that talks circles around you in my own right....
...snicker...  BounceGiggle
I can't breathe... it's smoky in here... =cough= =cough=  Whatzit...?  Whozat?  Oh!  It's a mirror!   Buggedout
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:03:40 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Bin Laden Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.