Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:37:52 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Top 10 Worst Actors/Actresses « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Top 10 Worst Actors/Actresses  (Read 8488 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »

Sonny Tufts!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
movie masochist
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »

Keanu Reeves
Denise Richards
Casper Van Dien
Jessica Alba
Matthew McConaghey (or however you spell it)
Megan Fox
Chuck Norris
Jennifer Aniston
Sylvester Stallone
Kate Bosworth

www.thebestbadmovies.com   Only the best of the worst
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 07:55:28 PM »

I'm glad nobody has mentioned Arnie or Sly because whist they are not the best actors in the world, there far from terrible although the quality does vary from film to film. 

Sly isn't that bad an actor, although I think the original Rocky was the last time he played anything I might take seriously as acting. I wouldn't count Arnie because he never really claimed to be much of an actor. Action heroes kind of belong in a different class.

Really? I thought he was expectational in Rocky Balboa, in fact not only is it the second best film in the Rocky franchise but also Sly's equal best acting performance along with the original Rocky. IMO. 

I disagree. Arnie despite being a OTT action cult hero who got into the movie business because of his size is still classified as an actor. I thought he was very believable in such roles as Dutch and the Terminator.             

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »

Jennifer Aniston
sgreed. she never has any funny lines in 'Friends', while all the other characters do...

(obviously someone who doesn't like Friends might argue NONE of them have funny lines but that's a different point  TeddyR)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 09:00:36 PM »

Denise Richards

She was terrible in 'The World is not Enough'.

Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
peter johnson

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 11:45:59 PM »

Robocop and Hammock Rider -

Robocop:  Your objection to my analysis is an excellent one for stage - many times, a stage show may be saved by going against an idiot director's "vision".  This is possible because it is immediately live.  This does not work as well in a film situation.  Film is driven by editing, shot choices, special effects, etc.  If you choose to play something that is clankingly out of sync with the rest of the film, you are taking a gamble.  You may be lauded as "the best thing in the picture", but more likely you will draw attention to yourself as being the hedgehog in a sea of marshmallows . . . I've been reading a lot of Terry Pratchett lately. . .forgive me . ..

Joan Crawford:  Please look at the film "Rain", directed by John Huston, starring a very young Joan Crawford.  This is one of the most beautiful performances ever recorded on celluloid.  "Mildred Pierce" is another one worth looking at a second time.  Joan did a lot of crap, because she was a working actress, and took jobs as jobs.  The same could be said of poor Christopher Lee - for every "Lord of The Rings" or "Horror of Dracula" that he did, there are 5 or more Mexican horrors that do not bear mention.  Cruel business this acting . . .

petrovsky

I have no idea what this means.
66Crush
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 12:34:55 AM »

Brad Pitt is the single most over rated actor in the history of mankind. As for the people who think Sarah Michelle Gellar can't act they are out of their F'N minds! Buffy was one of may favorite shows, and even though I thought "The Grudge" was over hyped, her performance was still excellent.
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 01:24:22 AM »

Robocop:  Your objection to my analysis is an excellent one for stage - many times, a stage show may be saved by going against an idiot director's "vision".  This is possible because it is immediately live.  This does not work as well in a film situation.  Film is driven by editing, shot choices, special effects, etc.  If you choose to play something that is clankingly out of sync with the rest of the film, you are taking a gamble.  You may be lauded as "the best thing in the picture", but more likely you will draw attention to yourself as being the hedgehog in a sea of marshmallows . . . I've been reading a lot of Terry Pratchett lately. . .forgive me . ..

I suppose it does equaled better to stage, but my point still stands even with the treatment of post-production into play, but with that does downgrade the effectiveness.

nice analogy at the end. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 04:54:33 AM »

Joan Crawford:  Please look at the film "Rain", directed by John Huston, starring a very young Joan Crawford.  This is one of the most beautiful performances ever recorded on celluloid.  "Mildred Pierce" is another one worth looking at a second time.  Joan did a lot of crap, because she was a working actress, and took jobs as jobs.  The same could be said of poor Christopher Lee - for every "Lord of The Rings" or "Horror of Dracula" that he did, there are 5 or more Mexican horrors that do not bear mention.  Cruel business this acting . . .

petrovsky

I agree about Joan Crawford-she could be wonderful or a ham. As for Christopher Lee...he has been in some stinkers-but he never did any Mexican films to my knowldge-he DID do some stinkers (COUNT DRACULA,BLOOD DEMON) for Jess Franco in Spain.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
venomx
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 07:27:22 AM »

Hulk Hogan

Well ya know something, Mean Gene... since I got to the WWF, Brother... I made many movies, man...
But ya know what rips my heart out, man?, Brother!? When I make a movie and people say I'm a bad actor, man.

Com'on, BROTHER! You mean tell me you didn't even like No Holds Barred? Com'on, man... *snarling*

Twirling
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 01:12:26 PM »

1. Seth Rogan
2. Keanu Reeves
3. Christopher Lambert
4. Shia Labeouf
5. Hayden Christensen
6. Tara Reid
7. Sandra Bullock
8. Burt Reynolds
9. Ben Affleck
10. Sean Young

claws
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »

8. Burt Reynolds

Though he was nominated for the Oscar for his performance in Boogie Nights (one of my fave movies) I'll have to agree, he is not the greatest actor. But he always comes off rather likable in most of his movies. When he is not playing the smart ass.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 02:46:40 PM »

8. Burt Reynolds

Though he was nominated for the Oscar for his performance in Boogie Nights (one of my fave movies) I'll have to agree, he is not the greatest actor. But he always comes off rather likable in most of his movies. When he is not playing the smart ass.

I think I'll replace Burt Reynolds in my list........with THIS GUY!

Raffine

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 03:01:13 PM »

Mamie Van Doren!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 03:53:39 PM »

people should see Madonna's "Swept Away" before they post in this thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Top 10 Worst Actors/Actresses « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.