Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:01:50 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have you ever been embarassed by something someone else did? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Have you ever been embarassed by something someone else did?  (Read 2802 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 03, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »

This is pretty self explanatory. You saw someone doing someone embarassing, and you are the one that feels bad for them.
So, have this ever happened to you?
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:13:23 PM »

Yes, this happens a lot.

One time in particular, when I was working in retail selling pro-audio gear, a guy came in an started asking questions about Cubase, which is a particular music recording and production software similar to ProTools (better than ProTools in my opinion). Anyway, it's pronounced like most would probably pronounce it by looking at it, like Q-base. There were three of us behind the counter talking to him, and he kept pronouncing it like coo-boss-ee, like it was Italian or something. He was just a regular American schmoe, so I couldn't figure out why he was pronouncing it that way. And he was confident about it, like that was definately how it was pronounced. Meanwhile, while I was aware what he was really referring to, my two coworkers kept nodding their heads but clearly they had that "deer in the headlights" look, like they had no idea what product he was talking about but were going along with it.

So, here's a guy who is genuinely trying to ask about the software and mispronouncing it, and sooner or later one of my coworkers is going to figure it out and blurt out "Oh, you mean Cubase." This conversation went on for probably 5 minutes, but seemed like 20, because I knew the guy was going to be embarassed when it inevitably happened, but I was powerless to stop it, and I felt embarassed for him in the meantime.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »

It happens to me all the time, so much I forget it a lot.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:48:16 PM »

Yes, many times. To avoid any arguments, lets just say that much of a former President's time in office embarrassed me for him.

When I was in the Army, I was in a unit that had no females, then changed missions and females were allowed in it. The first was a new First Sergeant (Highest ranking NCO in the company). Her first day she conducted PT, and afterwards had a huddle with us, basically saying telling us a bit about herself and what she expected from us, whatever. After she was done she asked if anyone had any questions, and some moron E-5 asks "How do you feel about X" where X is a very very odd sex act between a man and a woman (think 'pearl necklace'). 

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »

"How do you feel about X" where X is a very very odd sex act between a man and a woman (think 'pearl necklace'). 

Well...

Its not that odd. *ahem*
But maybe we're thinking of two different things.  Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »

My father used to do this to me all the time.  Though now I can totally appreciate it now that I have kids.   BounceGiggle 

He'd often see a pretty girl while we were out and say, "look Mark isn't she pretty" out loud. 

My dad was also always one for putting his foot in his mouth.  I remember growing up I had a second cousin who was kind of homely in her younger years.  Then she kind of grew into herself after puberty.  We hadn't seen her for a bit until her grandmother's funeral.  My dad said outloud during a quiet moment that "she wasn't that ugly any more". 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 10:40:03 PM »

A few years ago I was standing in line at a pharmacy, and the woman in front of me was yapping on her cell phone.  Pretty loudly.  Okay, people will do that, it's somewhat rude.   She reached the pharmacist at the window, and she continued to have her yappy conversation on the cell phone while simultaneously having a b***hy-attitude conversation with the pharmacist.

I was intensely uncomfortable just standing behind her.  After she left, the pharmacist and I regarded each other for a long moment, and I said, "did that really just happen?"  He nodded and said that people do that sometimes.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 10:42:43 PM »

Yes, many times. To avoid any arguments, lets just say that much of a former President's time in office embarrassed me for him.

When I was in the Army, I was in a unit that had no females, then changed missions and females were allowed in it. The first was a new First Sergeant (Highest ranking NCO in the company). Her first day she conducted PT, and afterwards had a huddle with us, basically saying telling us a bit about herself and what she expected from us, whatever. After she was done she asked if anyone had any questions, and some moron E-5 asks "How do you feel about X" where X is a very very odd sex act between a man and a woman (think 'pearl necklace'). 

So that is what that ZZ Top song was about!  (I had never heard the term before!)
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »

Okay I read the topic title wrong. I thought it meant stuff I got embarrassed for doing. But Yeah there is someone who is a great friend of mine, but she always says stuff at the wrong time during class, and it just kinda makes me feel embarrassed for her.

flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 12:33:40 AM »

So how bad was everybody smoked for this afterwards?
claws
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 01:21:15 AM »

Last winter we had a court appointment (nothing bad, just some estate papers we had to sign) and parked our car in a parking garage. I reminded my father to grab his jacket (from the backseat) since it was freezing cold.
Normally, one would just open the door and grab the jacket from the backseat. Not my father. For some unknown reason (brainfart most likely) he opened the trunk door, crawled inside and reached for his jacket from behind the backseat in the most inconvenient way possible. Took him nearly one minute, with us - the rest of the family and a few friends - standing there and watching in amazement.
Since it was family my father's doings wasn't really embarrassing, but kind of awkward and odd.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 08:51:27 AM »

Before I got married I had a girlfriend who was a stripper exotic dancer (although, she wasn't working in that profession while I was with her).  She was very outgoing and would often be the center of attention when she entered a room.  She would often do "attention getting" things that were embarrassing to me.  One time she had her leg up on a chair and was straightening her nylons and a guy glanced at her for about 1 second.  She looked at him and said very loudly, "Why don't you take a really good look.  I don't mind."  The guy's wife was standing beside him and got mad and the guy who had very innocently glanced at my girlfriend (who was making a big show of fixing her nylons and obviously TRYING to get people to look) looked really embarrassed and didn't know what to say.  I felt bad for the guy . . . and his wife.  I was always nervous that she would do stuff like this . . . I never knew when the next "incident" would occur.  One time, we were at the Medieval Manor in Boston and she got in a fight with some girls at the table beside us.  It was my birthday and cake was flying around and stuff.  Very humiliating.   

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 09:08:31 AM »

One time in particular, when I was working in retail selling pro-audio gear, a guy came in an started asking questions about Cubase, which is a particular music recording and production software similar to ProTools (better than ProTools in my opinion). Anyway, it's pronounced like most would probably pronounce it by looking at it, like Q-base. There were three of us behind the counter talking to him, and he kept pronouncing it like coo-boss-ee
The music software named after a Polish sausage. BounceGiggle

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 09:23:46 AM »

So how bad was everybody smoked for this afterwards?

None, but I never saw that guy again, and nobody talked about it.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 10:07:48 PM »

Once I was out with a friend of mine (no longer a friend for some good reasons) and we were shopping for a cookout we were having for some friends.

He started calling the food by different names.

Instead of Purdue chicken legs, it was "Purdue b***h Legs"..

Jello Pudding pops were "Jello Pud Pops".....

A bottle of Coke was "a bottle of Co*k.."

And then he went thru the store naming everything.  He called watermelon "ni**er fruit"  and then asked me if I wanted to pick up a "coconut bastard pie" (coconut custard pie).

Everyone in the store looked at us like we were 12-point bucks on opening day of deer season.  I quietly walked out and got in the car, with my friend following, and we had an argument about his actions.

Needless to say, someone else had to go to the store for us that day.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have you ever been embarassed by something someone else did? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.