Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:51:44 PM
714418 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The annual gardening thread « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The annual gardening thread  (Read 11738 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« on: May 08, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »

I haven't planted anything yet this year (maybe this week), but the rhubarb is coming up nicely

How about you guys, what are you planting / planning to plant?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:02:40 PM »

I've planted some grass seed in some dead patches of my yard and uh, that's about it.  I always think about how I'd like to start gardening but I just never do it for some reason.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 04:09:30 PM »

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/nuLLQMoYe-GSZmfngmKdjw?feat=directlink

First year in my new place, I've mostly been clearing...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lilcerberus/5311?feat=directlink

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »

Hungarian Hot Wax peppers, arugula

yeah no.
LilCerberus

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 06:19:04 PM »

Is lime supposed to kill stuff, or nurture stuff?

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »

I helped my mom do gardening today  Thumbup

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »

Currently in the planning process.  I probably am going to go way overboard this year, even more than previous years.  My partner has already bought about a dozen cabbage and broccoli plants along with various other items.  However, we are going to add a lot more to that list. 

I have luckily acquired a ton of onions to plant.  The land I'm on is more than adequate for growing softball sized onions so I look forward to that.  However, they should be a b!tch to plant seeing its 1 every 2 inches. 

I helped my sister in law plant her garden over the weekend.  If all goes well she should have a good bounty.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »

I avoid gardening at all costs.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
LilCerberus

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 11:57:43 PM »

Three or four more stumps. They're not really bothering anybody, just a couple along the fence where I want to install a gate, the other two, I can't decide if I should dig them up, whittle them down, or just leave them be.

Other than some poison ivy, I'm still trying to decide what I want to keep, & what I want to get rid of.

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 04:46:25 AM »

My guy Sean gave me a pot with a few plants in it at xmas time.  I've only just gotten around to repotting them all.  I ended up with 5 separate plants plus 8 new ones that have budded on their own.  I'm not sure what they're called - just your standard indoor pot plants, but they are lovely.

I had a chilli plant as well and put it on the verandah but the possums ate all the chillis!!! Buggedout  I don't know how they aren't dead!

I also planted curley parsley, flat leaved parsley and chives.  They should come up in about 6 weeks

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 06:36:09 AM »

I had a chilli plant as well and put it on the verandah but the possums ate all the chillis!!! Buggedout  I don't know how they aren't dead!

My uncle and aunt are always having problems with animals eating their garden.  One year a bunny, or maybe a woodchuck went through their whole strawberry patch and took one big bite out of each and every berry   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »

A few days ago something (deer, groundhog, rabbbit)came either late at night or early in the morning and pulled my recently planted flowers out of the ground and just left them there. I replanted them and the next night it came back and bit all the flowers off.  Hatred

I replanted them and decided to declare WAR!  In a gallon water container I mixed up some chili powder, garlic powder, and black pepper with a little dish soap and left it on the porch to ferment for the day. Early that evening I heavily wet down my plants with the stuff. Geez, what a stink! But the next morning not a single plant had been touched! 

I've been putting the stinky stuff on my plants everyday since and the critter hasn't been back!  TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 07:38:32 PM »

I give you guys credit for handling the pests civilly.  I would have gotten out a club and waited for them to arrive.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Raffine

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »

My uncle and aunt are always having problems with animals eating their garden.  One year a bunny, or maybe a woodchuck went through their whole strawberry patch and took one big bite out of each and every berry   BounceGiggle

One of the hardest fruits to actually get to enjoy are figs. My grandfather had a huge fig tree and some years he'd only get a handful. Even though he went through some pretty elaborate methods to protect them, the birds/squirrels would make it their mission to take at least one big bite out of each one.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 11:58:40 AM »

Picked our first asparagus of the season yesterday.  Thumbup  For once, the weather cooperated and I managed to get the fruit trees sprayed a week or two back.  Now they are all blooming - cherries, apples, pears.  They will need a heavy pruning in the fall, I did not do it this spring.  I hope to plant a pair of peach trees soon, in place of the plums we took out.

The red and black currants are coming on well, as are the gooseberries.  So are the currant/gooseberry hybrids.  The raspberries have 'escaped' their beds - I will be rounding them up and re-planting them in there today.  They're worth the work.  I have some strawberries in big pots.  I re-potted them earlier this spring and they look happy: hard to beat our 'home-grown' well-rotted horse manure!

Haven't tilled the garden patch yet: it is still too wet.  We've had a record wet spring thus far.  I hope it dries soon enough to get our 'longer' crops in: we like several varieties of sweet corn that need a longer season, as do the broccoli and cauliflower.

Sunny and summer-like today; I am about to head out and get some yardwork done.  The asparagus patch needs tidying and I have four young grapefruit trees to set out for the summer, in larger pots.  A few cooler nights might help them set fruit, I am told.  We'll see.

I hope to plant white popcorn again this year.  That was good stuff.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The annual gardening thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.