Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:15:07 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Gah, looks like I have to learn Avid. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gah, looks like I have to learn Avid.  (Read 2521 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 17, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »

I'm unemployable otherwise.  I HATE Avid.  Honestly, I'm not sure working in the film/video field is worth it if I have to use Avid.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:40:01 PM »

I don't know what it is, but that is a hassle especially if you have topay to learn iy.  You know any job training is good training. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 03:30:37 PM »

I'm basically proficient in it already, I just hate it.  The English language does not contain words strong enough to describe how much I loathe Avid.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 03:59:09 PM »

You know I had to do statistics in grad school, LOTS of them.  There were two programs used at the time SAS which was programmed in an very obscure languagge, and SPSS wich was menu-driven.  I finally got sick of programming, did all my work in SPSS, exported the auto-generated code, and made minor edits so it would read in SAS.   Maybe you can do something similar, use what you like, then back-format it for the bosses.   Or maybe modern software is onto such silly tricks.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 04:20:35 PM »

You know I had to do statistics in grad school, LOTS of them.  There were two programs used at the time SAS which was programmed in an very obscure languagge, and SPSS wich was menu-driven.  I finally got sick of programming, did all my work in SPSS, exported the auto-generated code, and made minor edits so it would read in SAS.   Maybe you can do something similar, use what you like, then back-format it for the bosses.   Or maybe modern software is onto such silly tricks.

If I can get freelance work, I've got Adobe CS5 production premium to use.  Unfortunately, most places that could offer me steady employment use Avid.  Avid delivers good results but, damn, does using it ever suck.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »

I wish I could afford Avid or Production.
But then, just to play with; Post production editing has never been one of my strengths.

Dazzle used to come with MovieStar5, which I really liked, but I can't get it to work with Windows 7 64 bit.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »

I wish I could afford Avid or Production.
But then, just to play with; Post production editing has never been one of my strengths.

Dazzle used to come with MovieStar5, which I really liked, but I can't get it to work with Windows 7 64 bit.

Production Premium is great.  Comes with Premiere Pro (editing), Photoshop (graphics), After Effects (a whole bunch of uses), and Soundbooth (sound ... duh), as well as the greatest thing ever: Adobe Media Encoder.  Also some other stuff I haven't played with much.  All of them integrate seamlessly.

Note:  Premiere works a lot better on a PC than a Mac, for the other programs it shouldn't matter.  Apparently, Premiere's playback/real-time rendering engine requires graphics cards that don't work on Macs. (?)

dean

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 07:25:06 PM »

I have CS5 on my mac and it works a charm.  Illustrator is handy too for titles at a better quality than the ones you can make in AE or Premiere.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Gah, looks like I have to learn Avid. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.