Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:53:53 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So I Reported My Neighbour To The Police... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: So I Reported My Neighbour To The Police...  (Read 5295 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: June 19, 2011, 04:55:06 PM »

Yep, I've finally had enough. For those who don't know, I've been living in my flat/apartment for about 4 years and the lady below me has been in there for about 11-12 months. She has a dog that barks all the time, slams doors and has a really loud and obnoxious family that come and visit. At first she seemed nice and quiet, but over the past few months the noise has got worse and she no longer acknowledges me.

I called the police on Thursday night, as she had people round, they were drunk and making a racket. The noise started about 9-10pm and continued 'til nearly 1am. I get up for work at 6am and she knows this. Normally I would go and say something, but seeing as there was more than one person in and they were drinking I thought it would be a bad idea.

The police arrived literally 2mins after I got off the phone and they appeared to have sent a S.W.A.T. team! I'm not joking, I was expecting one cop, but two vans turned up with 5 officers! They made her guests leave and told her to keep the noise down. So now my neighbour has assumed that it was me who reported her and I have heard her bad-mouthing me to people right outside my own door! She has also very stupidly decided to make even more noise, so I am going to report her to the landlords tomorrow.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »

I had a neighbor like that once.

Called the cops a lot.

Didn't get real results until I called my landlady to complain about a very loud problem with their toilet.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Cthulhu

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 05:47:56 PM »

She can't win this fight. Report her ass to the landlord! TeddyR
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 06:21:46 PM »

what a pain
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 08:01:03 PM »

good for you Circus!

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 10:44:43 PM »

Twat.  I have neighbors kind of like that, though they try to keep it down... when they have a beer blast for 50 starting at midnight.   Bluesad Hatred

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 05:55:43 AM »

I've been to see the housing association this morning, just got back now. I basically told them everything from day one and how I didn't want to make a complaint, but I felt that I had no choice after the other nights events. They are going to get back to me at some point to follow it up and have given me some log sheets to record dates and times of noise.

Oh and you know how she's been trying to wind me up? Playing Billy Idol really loud! Ha!  BounceGiggle I LIKE Billy Idol! I wasn't bothered at all, but it is just pathetic behaviour when you consider that this lady is pushing 50 years of age.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:51:39 AM »

I had a-holes like this living behind me.  We live in very close quarters and these people didn't seem to get that someone may be trying to sleep at say...2 AM in the morning.  I was cool at first letting a lot slip but then it got to me timing them at 9:59 right before the noise ordinance kicked in.  Anything after 10:00 PM got a police phone call. 

Well eventually after several reports and many phone calls to the landlords they got their dumb @sses kicked out.  After them, every a-hole that steps out of line after 10 PM becomes my target. Had some dumb c*nt drunkenly yelling at the top of her lungs last fall.  I had her shut up right up.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 09:14:25 AM »

Why don't you invite all of US to your place for a party.  I'm sure we can be loud and obnoxious enough to drive her right out of the building forever!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Cthulhu

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 09:33:22 AM »

I've been to see the housing association this morning, just got back now. I basically told them everything from day one and how I didn't want to make a complaint, but I felt that I had no choice after the other nights events. They are going to get back to me at some point to follow it up and have given me some log sheets to record dates and times of noise.

Oh and you know how she's been trying to wind me up? Playing Billy Idol really loud! Ha!  BounceGiggle I LIKE Billy Idol! I wasn't bothered at all, but it is just pathetic behaviour when you consider that this lady is pushing 50 years of age.
What an idiot...I hope you'll get better neighbors soon!
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 11:33:26 AM »

This topic makes me glad I live in the country....for now.

Hammock Rider

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »

2 words: Document Everything.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 12:34:57 PM »

Glad most of my neighbours are retirees, with lots of space between us.

When we were in the city, I used to have to call the cops a few times. This was especially true after one of the houses behind us got rented out to students - a peril of living in a college town. Wednesday night and their backyard was packed, their house was packed, and it was spilling across their front yard into the street. Guys climbing onto the fence. I was ready to run out and clobber the first one who tried to hop over into our yard.

The one thing I hated about that neighbourhood was that it always took the cops forever to respond. Busy city force, and we were out in the suburbs with a relatively minor problem. We could tell when they finally arrived though, because the people out front were dispersing at the sight of the first cruiser. Word spread through the crowd and everybody started bailing. The tunes shut off, the lights shut off, and somebody yelled a general announcement out the back door that the cops were there. Instant peace and quiet.

I had less success with the idiot who was setting off fireworks late at night in his tiny, well-treed suburban backyard, close enough that smoke was coming into our bedroom. By the time a cop arrived, the fireworks were finished and we'd finally gotten to sleep. Next thing I know, I'm throwing on a bathrobe because the cop is knocking on my front door because he needed to clarify which neighbour had been bothering me, as there were no longer any fireworks going off an hour later. Seriously. I wanted to tell him that the only person currently interfering with my sleep was him, and ask if he would kindly give his head a shake, but it doesn't pay to argue with cops. I pointed out the house and he left.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »

One incident I can recall years back in my hometown:

The local homeowners, consisting mostly of excessively snobby retired folk, decided THEY didn't want locals cutting through THEIR street to get to a local show that was going on.

So, after a heated town council metting, they were told by the police that it was a public street and that as long as they were orderly, the kids could walk through. 

And here's the kicker..the kids did as they asked, caused no trouble, and yet the homeowners deliberately stood in front of their houses and on the edges of their properties and began harassing the kids as they walked through.

Double standards are great ain't they? 

Ultimately the kids were orderly and caused no trouble and I think that's what p**sed the old buzzards off.  At least the kids kept their promises.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 06:17:45 PM »

One incident I can recall years back in my hometown:

The local homeowners, consisting mostly of excessively snobby retired folk, decided THEY didn't want locals cutting through THEIR street to get to a local show that was going on.

So, after a heated town council metting, they were told by the police that it was a public street and that as long as they were orderly, the kids could walk through. 

And here's the kicker..the kids did as they asked, caused no trouble, and yet the homeowners deliberately stood in front of their houses and on the edges of their properties and began harassing the kids as they walked through.

Double standards are great ain't they? 

Ultimately the kids were orderly and caused no trouble and I think that's what p**sed the old buzzards off.  At least the kids kept their promises.

I live in a tourist town and I have to say the worst people to deal with are the young and the old. Adults in their 40's and 50's cause few problems. Several years ago we had an older couple that was telling kids (kids that LIVE in this town) to get off the bike-path with their bikes. Seems the old folks decided it was only for walking. I approached them and set them straight, only to find that the man was retired military, apparently an officer, and a fairly high ranking one at that. Seems he forgot his authority didn't exist here, therefor he got cussed out. THEN he went on on the ever predictable 'disrespect' angle, which of course led to me pointing out that there is little more disrespectful than coming to someone else's town and making up rules on your own. What I always love is that these types always finish with the threat of going somewhere else for vacation in the future, which is just fine with me.

People who are in their 20's and early 30's and visit here don't seem to understand that not everyone here is on vacation.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So I Reported My Neighbour To The Police... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.