Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:42:39 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So I Reported My Neighbour To The Police... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: So I Reported My Neighbour To The Police...  (Read 5296 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 09:16:42 AM »

One incident I can recall years back in my hometown:

The local homeowners, consisting mostly of excessively snobby retired folk, decided THEY didn't want locals cutting through THEIR street to get to a local show that was going on.

So, after a heated town council metting, they were told by the police that it was a public street and that as long as they were orderly, the kids could walk through.  

And here's the kicker..the kids did as they asked, caused no trouble, and yet the homeowners deliberately stood in front of their houses and on the edges of their properties and began harassing the kids as they walked through.

Double standards are great ain't they?  

Ultimately the kids were orderly and caused no trouble and I think that's what p**sed the old buzzards off.  At least the kids kept their promises.

I live in a tourist town and I have to say the worst people to deal with are the young and the old. Adults in their 40's and 50's cause few problems. Several years ago we had an older couple that was telling kids (kids that LIVE in this town) to get off the bike-path with their bikes. Seems the old folks decided it was only for walking. I approached them and set them straight, only to find that the man was retired military, apparently an officer, and a fairly high ranking one at that. Seems he forgot his authority didn't exist here, therefor he got cussed out. THEN he went on on the ever predictable 'disrespect' angle, which of course led to me pointing out that there is little more disrespectful than coming to someone else's town and making up rules on your own. What I always love is that these types always finish with the threat of going somewhere else for vacation in the future, which is just fine with me.

People who are in their 20's and early 30's and visit here don't seem to understand that not everyone here is on vacation.

Good point, ghouck. I've never subscribed to the notion of respecting elders unconditionally. Respect, in my opinion, is ALWAYS conditional. I hold a basic human respect born out of simple common decency for everybody I meet, young and old, and it's up to each individual to either earn my greater respect or lose it entirely. Oh, and I also don't share many of my fellow veterans' attitudes that I somehow deserve more respect because of my military service. If somebody appreciates my service, I'm delighted, but I didn't enlist for pats on the back, and I don't feel my service earned anybody's unconditional respect. Don't get me wrong, I DO respect my fellow veterans for their service, largely becase I have served and understand the sacrifice, but I didn't understand it before I served and I don't expect anybody else to.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:19:03 AM by Flick James » Logged

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »

The local homeowners, consisting mostly of excessively snobby retired folk, decided THEY didn't want locals cutting through THEIR street to get to a local show that was going on.

So, after a heated town council metting, they were told by the police that it was a public street and that as long as they were orderly, the kids could walk through. 

And here's the kicker..the kids did as they asked, caused no trouble, and yet the homeowners deliberately stood in front of their houses and on the edges of their properties and began harassing the kids as they walked through.

Ultimately the kids were orderly and caused no trouble and I think that's what p**sed the old buzzards off.  At least the kids kept their promises.

I live in a tourist town and I have to say the worst people to deal with are the young and the old. Adults in their 40's and 50's cause few problems. Several years ago we had an older couple that was telling kids (kids that LIVE in this town) to get off the bike-path with their bikes. Seems the old folks decided it was only for walking. I approached them and set them straight, only to find that the man was retired military, apparently an officer, and a fairly high ranking one at that. Seems he forgot his authority didn't exist here, therefor he got cussed out. THEN he went on on the ever predictable 'disrespect' angle, which of course led to me pointing out that there is little more disrespectful than coming to someone else's town and making up rules on your own. What I always love is that these types always finish with the threat of going somewhere else for vacation in the future, which is just fine with me.

People who are in their 20's and early 30's and visit here don't seem to understand that not everyone here is on vacation.

Good point, ghouck. I've never subscribed to the notion of respecting elders unconditionally. Respect, in my opinion, is ALWAYS conditional. I hold a basic human respect born out of simple common decency for everybody I meet, young and old, and it's up to each individual to either earn my greater respect or lose it entirely. Oh, and I also don't share many of my fellow veterans' attitudes that I somehow deserve more respect because of my military service. If somebody appreciates my service, I'm delighted, but I didn't enlist for pats on the back, and I don't feel my service earned anybody's unconditional respect. Don't get me wrong, I DO respect my fellow veterans for their service, largely becase I have served and understand the sacrifice, but I didn't understand it before I served and I don't expect anybody else to.

Flick James - I agree. Simple as that. If I've never met somebody before, I treat them kindly and respectfully until they give me a reason to do otherwise.

Ghouck - At the 7-11 where I work, the worst customers are in general: kids, teens, young adults, and the elderly. The age range that tends to tick me off the least are 25-55 years old. Of course there are exceptions to all of this, but it works as a general rule.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 09:58:23 AM »

The age range that tends to tick me off the least are 25-55 years old. Of course there are exceptions to all of this, but it works as a general rule.

I fall in that age bracket, SS: I'll drop by your 7-11 someday.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »

The age range that tends to tick me off the least are 25-55 years old. Of course there are exceptions to all of this, but it works as a general rule.

I suspect this is because people in that age range have to play by all the societal rules and norms in order to get anything done. If they don't, there are consequences. The young and the old seem to operate under an assumption that these rules don't apply to them. Perhaps when I get to be an old man something uncontrollable will happen to me to cause this phenomenon, but I'm going to do my best to avoid it.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 10:37:22 AM »

That is a good point about adults in their 30s and 40s. I've seen it too. I think those are the years when people have settled down, but have not yet become intolerant of those who haven't. Also the years when people have the wisdom and experience not to challenge everyone and everything, but have not yet become inflexible and fearful of change.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11:50 AM »

Ultimately the kids were orderly and caused no trouble and I think that's what p**sed the old buzzards off.  At least the kids kept their promises.
Cutting through a public street is fine so those kids (as long as they were orderly) shouldn't have been harassed.

However this story reminds me of another thing we had to deal with in my neighborhood. We had issues with morons cutting through my yard once.  Punk @ss teens mostly.  They'd literally walk by my window and look in.  Then don't even get me started on the fact my kid's room was right along where they'd walk.  Thus they'd wake up my napping children with their chatter.

Oh the hell I rained down upon them was epic.  The minute someone set toe (screw "foot") on my property the cops were called.  Now people avoid our yard like the plague.  

I really like the rule in certain areas that allows you to shoot people legally on your property.  Would I shoot to kill someone legally if I could who is tresspassing...call me a sadist but yes I most certainly would.  Don't worry, I'd at least give them to the count of 5.  Sadly in my area the legal thing to do is call the cops......and wait an hour for their arrival.  You know, after the tresspassers are safely a mile or two away.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:14:27 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 01:23:21 PM »

UPDATE: The demon b***h from hell has been badmouthing me to everyone in the post office this morning according to my ex's mother. Saying that I'm a terrible neighbour, a nasty person (spoke to this woman about 3-4 times and I was very polite) and that she's going to report me!

I'm so glad I struck first! What an idiot! She makes me so mad I want to go and stab her in the face!

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »

Wow isn't she a smart mature person Lookingup. Badmouthing someone in a post office.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 01:59:57 PM »

Fortunately, people who obsessively badmouth someone else seldom have much credibility. They sound nuts, and listening to them gets tiresome. Especially if it's some obnoxious b***h who probably gets under everyone's skin.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 02:04:42 PM »

I'm away at the weekend, so I'm going to leave things and when I get back if there's anything else I hear or that happens, then I'm phoning the cops again. They said they are more than happy to go and have words with her. I will not be spoken badly about in front of my own home to strangers and passers by. She's doing it every chance she gets.

Cthulhu

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 05:33:05 PM »

I'm so glad I struck first! What an idiot! She makes me so mad I want to go and stab her in the face!
I know it's tempting, but please don't. She probably isn't going to be around for too long. The landlord will take care of her.
Besides, punching is less lethal. Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So I Reported My Neighbour To The Police... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.