Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:00:39 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Mistakes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Movie Mistakes  (Read 9837 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: June 27, 2011, 09:37:43 AM »

I know it's been brought up before, probably by me, but it's a fun topic, and I just noticed one I hadn't seen before.

I was flipping through channels and stopped on Tombstone, and I can't believe I never noticed a glaring mistake (and I'm usually good at spotting them) the many times I've seen the film before.

It's right after Virgil Earp (Bill Paxton) dies and Wyatt (Kurt Russel) walks out into the pouring rain, drenched in his brother's blood. As the camera pulls back, we see Wyatt walking away through the rain. The rain is pouring down heavily, but not far beyond, you can see exactly where the rain sprinklers end, and the dirt street is perectly dry. That scene is forever ruined for me now.

So, what are some of your favorite movie mistakes?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Cthulhu

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:13:38 AM »

Highlander 2.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:27:57 AM »

there was a huge 3 hour program on tv the other day called Greatest Movie Mistakes lol. they were even going for ones so minor you'd never notice unless someone said it. there were loads in the Harry Potter films

one of my faves is Pee Wee Herman's 'everlasting bike chain' he pulls out of his box before locking his bike up in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. you can see it being fed in through the bottom of the box. - but in the DVD re-release they edited this part so you can't see it, and they even mention it in the commentary

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »

there was a huge 3 hour program on tv the other day called Greatest Movie Mistakes lol. they were even going for ones so minor you'd never notice unless someone said it. there were loads in the Harry Potter films

one of my faves is Pee Wee Herman's 'everlasting bike chain' he pulls out of his box before locking his bike up in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. you can see it being fed in through the bottom of the box. - but in the DVD re-release they edited this part so you can't see it, and they even mention it in the commentary

I remember the one from Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I saw that movie in the theatre and noticed it then.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
claws
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 12:07:19 PM »

Continuity error in Fatal Attraction when Michael Douglas is about to leave Glenn Close in her apartment. Glenn's nude boobs are either exposed or wrapped in sheets from scene to scene.
claws
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:18:28 PM »

but in the DVD re-release they edited this part so you can't see it

Not really edited, it was more a case of proper widescreen framing. The bike chain was never meant to be seen to begin with.

Similar thing happens in the first widescreen presentation of Don't Go In The House (1980). A female victim is chained to the ceiling. The old 4:3 video version you could see her, um, exposed crotch. Not anymore in the widescreen DVD version. However, Media Blasters included said full screen scene as a extra on the disc.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:04:20 PM by claws » Logged
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 12:27:52 PM »

One that we all pretty much know is from Space Mutiny is where we see Lt. Lemont get killed, but show up alive in another scene later.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
venomx
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 12:37:26 PM »

The Goonies (1985)

Chunk breaks the glass on the picture (map in attic) and clears the glass away from it. Then when the camera gives us another view of the picture frame the glass is still on it.

When Data puts his tape in the stereo he shuts the thing 007 music starts playing. He doesn't ever push play.

Mikey starts to bang on the ground with a fireplace bar (basement) and Brandon (older brother) stops him and Mikey calls him by his real name Josh.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 02:16:37 PM »

this one, I'm not sure if it's a mistake in the movie or I'm making a mistake....

in SCANNERS, shortly after the head exploding scene the camera pans and in the background over the front of the stage and there's no blood or anything, or even the guy slumped over the desk like you'd think he would be?

I didn't explain that too well, but anyone know what I mean?

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »

Plan 9 has all well too many mistakes, like the UFO leaving the home base and see the shadow, Tor getting stuck in the grave,  the cockpit scene, etc... we could go all day just talking about Ed Wood movies! TeddyR

yeah no.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 05:18:22 PM »

The scene from Godzilla Vs Spacegodzilla where Godzilla's tail falls off.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 05:45:53 PM »

Mentioned it on another similar thread but I'll post it again here.
Hell Night (1981)- A girl gets dragged down into a cellar and is beheaded.  The blade hits her chin (oops) and the fake body is pulled off from her neck.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pilgermann

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 06:34:18 PM »

Like claws said, that's meant to be covered up with properly matted for viewing, but I kind of missed seeing it when the DVD came out.  There's another scene where Pee-wee's driving at night and passing by various roadsigns.  In the full-screen version you can see a track that the signs are being pulled along.

WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 07:25:24 PM »

Careful Watching of "Twister" will reveal that the truck (the one with liability insurance) is in fact self healing. There's a scene where the window breaks out and then in the next scene the window is back again. Similar thing happens in "The Mummy" but even more extreme is after their car is trashed as they escape the horde of zombified villagers then magically the car is fine again.

Last night while I was suffering through "Pride and Prejudice" (2005 version with Keira Knightly) with my wife I noticed some surprisingly bad cinematography. Relying on natural sunlight for your indoor shots is always dodgey as you get full spectrum (including UV) and this shows really bad in one of the scenes where instead of Keira Knightly playing the pianoforte all you see is a giant rainbow colored spherical abberation. Then the camera pans allowing the viewer to see more of the giant rainbow spherical abberation, again instead of Kiera Knightley. I pointed this out to my wife who said they probably meant to film it that way. I figure they would have meant to have used a polarizing or UV filter and realized in post production anything they did to eliminate the abberation (and its a fairly key scene that couldn't be eliminated) would show up worse than leaving it in there.

I wouldn't have noticed this except I'm being forced to learn photography now as part of my job and I'm starting to notice that kind of thing.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 07:38:34 PM »

There's another scene where Pee-wee's driving at night and passing by various roadsigns.  In the full-screen version you can see a track that the signs are being pulled along.

ah yeah I remember that one as well, in a strange kind of way it fits in with the surrealness of the film IMO

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089791/goofs

some more mistakes from Pee Wee's Big Adventure there

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Mistakes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.