Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:32:22 PM
714457 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Star Wars Plot Inconsistencies « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Star Wars Plot Inconsistencies  (Read 108650 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2012, 11:33:32 AM »

It would be OK with me there was a way to digitally replace Hayden Christiansen with a better actor.
No kidding!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2012, 11:34:22 AM »

not really a flaw, but more of an observation

with all the adjustments Lucas has made with the Star Wars franchise frankly I'm a little surprised he didn't insert the ghost of Qui-Gon Jinn inserted at the end of Return of the Jedi...

You know,I've wondered about that one myself.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
thinkhector
New Visitor

« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »

One of the biggest inconsistencies between the prequels and orignal trilogies is that Darth Vader is unaware that he has produced any offspring. In fact, Obi-Wan along with several people has gone to great lengths to conceal the children from being discovered. Yet Anakin (Darth Vader) is told in very clear terms by Padme that she is indeed pregnant. At no point, does Anakin have any reason to believe that his children are not alive and well. Even in his vision of Padme dying during childbirth, she still gives birth. It seems almost impossible to believe that Darth Vader is clueless to having fathered children.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2012, 04:29:18 PM »

One of the biggest inconsistencies between the prequels and orignal trilogies is that Darth Vader is unaware that he has produced any offspring. In fact, Obi-Wan along with several people has gone to great lengths to conceal the children from being discovered. Yet Anakin (Darth Vader) is told in very clear terms by Padme that she is indeed pregnant. At no point, does Anakin have any reason to believe that his children are not alive and well. Even in his vision of Padme dying during childbirth, she still gives birth. It seems almost impossible to believe that Darth Vader is clueless to having fathered children.

Vader was told that he killed Padme on Mustafar. Remember that whole "Nooooooo!" business at the end? He choked her unconscious, and that was the last he saw of her. Vader had no reason to believe she'd survived long enough to give birth.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2012, 05:01:07 PM »

No Jar Jar Binks in the OT. He played a big role in Episode 1. Lesser in Episode 2. He played a key role in giving The Emperor all that power. Seems kinda odd that that he apparently turned into a force ghost.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2012, 06:11:23 PM »

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Pacman000
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »

No Jar Jar Binks in the OT. He played a big role in Episode 1. Lesser in Episode 2. He played a key role in giving The Emperor all that power. Seems kinda odd that that he apparently turned into a force ghost.
For awhile I've believed that the Emperor eliminated underlings after they were of no use to him.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2012, 07:29:29 PM »

Ain't that the truth!

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »

Yeah, if anybody cared, there'd probably be a nine-page thread about it somewhere!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:49:43 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »

Yeah, if anybody cared, there'd probably be a nine-page thread about it somewhere!

I wonder where something like that would be?

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2012, 12:37:42 AM »

I wonder where something like that would be?

TeddyR TeddyR

I must throw this in:

Why does Mr Lucas feel the need to constantly bugger around with the magic he created for me and millions of others when I was ten?  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2012, 04:30:12 AM »

Here's the original guy.

Ahh: Sebastian Shaw - much better.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pacman000
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »

This was probably already pointed out somewhere in this thread but R2 knew everything in ANH and doesn't bother to inform anyone.   That kinda makes him lose street cred in my eyes.

To me, it kind of puts him more on the level of Ben or Yoda, part of the trusted inner circle. He knows what's going on, he's in on all the secrets, and he's much more of an instigator of events than a sidekick. It's pretty consistent with his behaviour when we first meet him. He knows the situation, he knows where to go and who to see. And if he's privy to inside information that only a handful of people share, he has a better grasp of the situation than the princess does, even though she's sending him on the mission. Makes him into a bit of a mastermind, in my view.
"That little droid's going to get me in a lot of trouble."
"Oh, he excels at that sir."  Wink
Pacman000
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2012, 12:04:23 PM »

"I seem to remember owning a droid"

Poor R4, always forgotten.
I believe R4 was the republic's property, not Obi Wan's personal property.
Pacman000
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2012, 12:11:15 PM »

Sure it can be implied that Lukes training was a few months long... but I'm not sure if Han would deal with C3-PO for a week. And the way Han and Leia were acting towards each other; I bet within the a week Chewbacca would of dump those two love birds at the nearest astroid.

You know whats funny, I really didn't give that much thought but yeah it doesn't seems like Luke had all that much time with Yoda.  If it was real time with Han and company's problems after the Hoth then I honestly think it couldn't have been more than a day or two. 

You have to figure they bailed on Hoth on...lets say a Monday morning.  They couldn't have been on the asteroid belt for longer than a few hours.  That includes their dilmea with the worm they were in.  Then by the time they bolted off to the Cloud City it was probably the next morning Tuesday.  By that evening Han was in carbonite and Luke had his hand chopped off.  Wow, that means Luke really did a lot of Force development between ESB and ROTJ. 

Wow...that just seems beyond stupid for some reason. 
They traveled to Bespin at sub-light speeds; it may have taken them years to get there.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Star Wars Plot Inconsistencies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.