Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:25:55 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured  (Read 22940 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: July 08, 2011, 04:14:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure the women on this board who've had children already know the answer to this. To that I say, no fair.

Cheaters.

My most painful thing is kind of goofy, since I did it to myself. I've never broken a limb or been in a serious accident.

The most painful thing that happened to me was trying to eat the Four Horseman Burger from Chunky's in San Antonio. It was a spicy burger featured on Man vs. Food. I'm an aficionado of spicy food, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I can eat habaneros straight with no real damage, I'm not afraid of the spicy.

Here's what happened. I ate half of the burger very fast. It was literally demolishing my face. I entered into a realm where there was nothing but the spicy pain of the burger and me trying to finish it. I lost all control of every fluid in my head. I was weeping, drooling snot and drooling regular-style. Everything else ceased to exist except for myself and the pile of pain in front of me I was trying to ingest. Sad to say, my body said "No!" and I ended up puking most of it before I could finish.

I'm very disappointed with myself. One day I will go back and finish that burger.

But the eating it was not the most painful part. Even though I threw up most of that hellfire, a good amount remained in my system. For some reason, my body did not put it through the regular digestive channels. A huge pit of capsaicin remained in my stomach, and so for the rest of the night I was inundated with incredible pain in my stomach about once every two hours.

This was me:

Small | Large

But I couldn't get rid of it, it was inside me. After about five or six hours of this, I started quaffing water like nobody's business. The water finally gave my body the wherewithal to try and puke up the, let's face it, poison I had ingested.

Here's the thing, those of you who have puked know it is not an orderly process. I started vomiting uncontrollably, but not just out of my mouth. I ended up puking what might as well have been lava out my mouth and also out of my nasal cavities. If that's not bad enough, I was puking into a toilet, which had the unfortunate quality of being full of water which would occasionally splash back onto my face.

As painful as that whole experience was, I'm still angry I didn't finish the Four Horseman Burger. One of these days I will go back.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 05:10:43 AM »

hot TwirlingBounceGiggle BounceGiggle Twirling hot

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 07:29:11 AM »

My daughter's boyfriend wants to try that burger. I will have to tell him about your experience. Oh, and milk is better for neutralizing capsaicin burn than water.

As for me, it was gall stones. For three months I would experience random, stabbing pain through my abdomen, followed usually by puking up gray liquid and/or pooping out gray/yellow/green stuff. There was nothing that could be done once an attack started. My doctor wasn't thinking gall stones because those usually occur in overweight women over 40, and I was a thin man in my thirties. Finally, I had to go to an emergency clinic one weekend, and the doctor there ordered an ultrasound. Sure enough, they found the stones, ordered the surgery, and voila! no more attacks. Just about the only thing I could eat during that period was tuna fish on dry white bread and the only drink I could have was water. I hated tuna fish before. Now, I really hate it.

And I have been told by my sister that gall bladder attacks are a pain worse than childbirth.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Raffine

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 07:36:34 AM »

And I have been told by my sister that gall bladder attacks are a pain worse than childbirth.

Thanks goodness I've never had 'em, but I have a couple of friends who had kidney stones. That's also supposed to be the male equivalent to childbirth pain.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
venomx
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 10:19:26 AM »

Someone broke my ankle and the bone was showing. (about 15 yrs ago) I was in shock when it happened (no pain) but the next day that was 100% the MOST painful feeling! I could not walk for a month. I'll try to find the xray.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 10:29:14 AM »

I had a REALLY badly ingrown big toenail when I was in the Navy, and our brilliant Corpsman decided to cut off ONLY the ingrown side - which meant taking a pair of scissors and cutting my big toenail in half, right down the centerline!  The toe was already red, inflamed, and throbbing when I got there.  He stuck a HUGE needle full of what was supposed to be a numbing agent into the most inflamed area.  That was when I began to whimper.  He waited about 10 minutes and THUMPED the end of my toe and said "Did you feel that?"  I screamed.  Then he said, "Well, there's folks in line for sick call.  That stuff will kick in before I am done!"  and cheerfully started clipping into my big toenail.  That was when I discovered that I had muscles in my buttocks that could climb up the back of the exam chair - I would have made my getaway, but he kept grabbing my ankle and yanking me back into the seat until he was done with his butchery . . . then he wrapped it in gauze and let me go.
   At the time I had a Top Secret clearance, and I told Doc as he released me: "It's a good thing you weren't the Russians, because our national security would be gravely compromised by now!!!"

As soon as the half of my big toenail grew back in, it got ingrown and infected again.  The second time he cut off the whole toenail instead of half - and for some reason that didn't hurt nearly as bad!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
venomx
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 10:36:55 AM »

I had a REALLY badly ingrown big toenail when I was in the Navy, and our brilliant Corpsman decided to cut off ONLY the ingrown side - which meant taking a pair of scissors and cutting my big toenail in half, right down the centerline!  The toe was already red, inflamed, and throbbing when I got there.  He stuck a HUGE needle full of what was supposed to be a numbing agent into the most inflamed area.  That was when I began to whimper.  He waited about 10 minutes and THUMPED the end of my toe and said "Did you feel that?"  I screamed.  Then he said, "Well, there's folks in line for sick call.  That stuff will kick in before I am done!"  and cheerfully started clipping into my big toenail.  That was when I discovered that I had muscles in my buttocks that could climb up the back of the exam chair - I would have made my getaway, but he kept grabbing my ankle and yanking me back into the seat until he was done with his butchery . . . then he wrapped it in gauze and let me go.
   At the time I had a Top Secret clearance, and I told Doc as he released me: "It's a good thing you weren't the Russians, because our national security would be gravely compromised by now!!!"

As soon as the half of my big toenail grew back in, it got ingrown and infected again.  The second time he cut off the whole toenail instead of half - and for some reason that didn't hurt nearly as bad!

Cringe.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 10:56:43 AM »

I made the mistake of going to my regular dentist instead of an oral surgeon to have a molar removed. The dentist struggled for an hour and a half to get that tooth out. The pain was indescribable.

The reason was that my molar had 3 roots instead of the normal two, they were much longer than normal roots and one of them was bent backwards like a fish hook. It even had a little growth at the very bottom like a barb!

The fact that I could hear and smell everything that was going on just made things worse. I didn't think the novocaine helped much but once it wore off things started to really hurt. Needless to say I took full advantage of the vicodin perscription he wrote for me.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »

I was like Ralph in the Vid when I caught a bug last August, except everything was closing in, felt like it was contracting, squeezing to the point of the feeling that the insides were just burnt, abused, and exhausted.

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 12:22:05 PM »

I think I told this story before, but I was running a jackhammer and breaking up the concrete stairs behind our house.  Lots of nice strain on the trapezius muscles lifting that 40 lb thing up about 1,000 times that day.  Later that evening I guess the right side of that muscle decided to detach itself.  What followed was about 5 - 7 days of absolute misery.  It wasn't just in my upper back / neck, but went all the way down my right arm to my hand.  It was only miserable during the day when I was moving around.  The real agony came at night. If I fell asleep for 15 minutes, those muscles would tighten up and, boy oh boy...imagine taking the round end of a ball peen hammer and pounding it on the top of your forearm about 25 times.  Good fun!   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Raffine

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »

Definitely the impacted, abscessed wisdom tooth they had to dig out of my jaw a few years ago. The surgery and recovery were bliss complared to how bad that SOB hurt for about a week before they removed it. It was over Christmas Holiday, too.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 02:18:42 PM »

I had a severe ankle sprain in high school which saw me in rehab for about 6 months after wearing a cast for about a month.  A fellow stepped on it literally caving it in.   I still sprain it from time to time.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 02:30:18 PM »

90% of films starring Kate Hudson.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »

My wife is a massive wigan rugby league fan.Whenever Wigan win a game (which is quite often) i have to endure my wife pestering me for sex.That my friends is a very painful experience for me Bluesad

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 02:39:39 PM »

Dental pain is my bugaboo.  Tapping fillings, scraping against nerve, etc.. OUCH!!!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.