Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:45:19 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Thing re-remake « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Thing re-remake  (Read 12540 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »

It's entertaining and has a few good scenes, but I didn't think there was much of a climax.

I love the film, but I sort of agree...

There's a stop motion monster which looks a bit rubbish compared to all the awesome cool stuffer we saw before.
A anamatronic minature wouldv'e been cooler.

Maybe there could've been some cool stuff with the ship that was being built.

I did like the ambiguity of the ending though.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 08:23:10 AM »

It's entertaining and has a few good scenes, but I didn't think there was much of a climax.

I love the film, but I sort of agree...

There's a stop motion monster which looks a bit rubbish compared to all the awesome cool stuffer we saw before.
A anamatronic minature wouldv'e been cooler.

Maybe there could've been some cool stuff with the ship that was being built.

I did like the ambiguity of the ending though.

I was hoping for the sort of intensity and suspense Carpenter generated in ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 and HALLOWEEN.  Instead, all he could come up with was "f**k you, too!"  But I did like the final dialogue exchange between Kurt Russell and Keith David.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »

This movie is a prequel  that tells the story of the Norweign camp that dug up the ship.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905372/

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »

Looks like a poor copy of the 1982 version. Pointless...

Trekkie313, don't know why you smote me for my opinion?? I wasn't aware that you made this movie...  Lookingup
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:18:37 PM by Circus Circus » Logged

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 09:32:20 AM »

I make a point of not karma smiting for matters of taste.  If we started that here, where would it all stop?

Hmm.  So a movie about the doomed Norwegians... and we know that how it ends is that two Norwegians fly off in a copter, sniping and throwing thermite at a malamute.  Probably it'll be a gore-fest, hopefully not deathly CGI'd to the hilt.  But, agree, I don't have high hopes from what I am hearing.  Thank you all for your info.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 02:44:47 PM »

-yawns-

The only film that should ever, ever be remade is Night of the Lepus.
The original just wasn't insane enough.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 05:46:25 PM »

I'm up for an Explorers remake where the aliens don't turn out all goofy. The Thing does actually lend itself well to a sequel (a prequel seems rather pointless to me)...although you know a sequel would likely suck too unless they got a real talented director at the helm.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 10:51:19 AM »

I'm up for an Explorers remake where the aliens don't turn out all goofy. The Thing does actually lend itself well to a sequel (a prequel seems rather pointless to me)...although you know a sequel would likely suck too unless they got a real talented director at the helm.

People would be outraged if they tried to do a sequel, The Thing video game tried to do it...but in the worst way possible. McCready lives!
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 11:12:19 PM »

Just watched the trailer for the movie, I have mixed feelings about.  It seems to be a prequel for John Carpenters version but it seems like the took a lot of elements from the 1982 movie.  I hope that they show what is inside the ship.  I always wanted to see what was inside the ship in the 1982 movie.  Since these guys are supposed to be Swedish, the director should have had them speaking a Swedish dialect and had subtitles to add to the realism.  I will watch it, but only when it comes out on DVD/Netflix.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 09:54:13 AM »

-yawns-

The only film that should ever, ever be remade is Night of the Lepus.
The original just wasn't insane enough.

While I disagree with the only film thing, I do agree with Night of the Lepus.  It should go the Piranha 3D route (parody/tribute film) and just go nuts, because frankly, that's the only way it could be good with that premise.

Now as for this prequel upcoming, I refer that I'm still not interested in it and the 80's remake of the original.  Now, for the films based off or around 80's stuff, I'm seeing the Footloose remake!  Whose with me!?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »

How can you not be interested in one of the best horror movie ever made?  Lookingup
voltron

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 03:41:30 PM »

Prequels will go down as one of the most lame trends in a few years once eyeryone loses that "hey, we're seeing a new movie!" feeling. Lookingup

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Jim H

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 12:30:01 AM »

If you pay attention in the trailer, you might notice the split faced burned body we saw in the original thing is seen running around briefly in the trailer.  Kind of interesting.
Raffine

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 07:12:07 AM »

Prequels will go down as one of the most lame trends in a few years once eyeryone loses that "hey, we're seeing a new movie!" feeling. Lookingup

I never got the point of 'prequels'. You pretty much know where everybody is going to wind up. To me it's like after listening to someone tell a story they suddenly say "Oh, wait! I forgot to tell you this part!".

I'm trying to think of a prequel I have a lick of use for or like. I guess I'm supposed to say THE GODFATHER PART II but I'm not that crazy over the 'Godfather' movies.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Jim H

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2011, 10:24:26 AM »

The prequel parts in The Godfather II are also only like an hour of the film and are used to parallel the events of the "sequel" part of the film.  It also doesn't get to the point of the beginning of The Godfather, and includes many characters we've never seen before.  In other words, yeah, we know Vito will be Don eventually, but we don't know the fates of many characters or how he got there.

I'm trying to think of a prequel I have a lick of use for or like.

How about Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Thing re-remake « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.