Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:12:18 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bands/Artists That You Never Really Could Get Into « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: Bands/Artists That You Never Really Could Get Into  (Read 42648 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 11:12:24 AM »

Phish

People tell me how much I'm supposed to love them. Although I'm not into jam bands in general, there are exceptions. Phish is not one of them, however.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 11:28:59 AM »

Never understood all the whoop-de-doo over Dream Theater. On paper they sound like they should be right up my alley, but they continue to bore the man-titties off of me.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »

I'll try and keep this short and simple as I could go on for pages in this thread. Considering my massive obsession with rock/metal from the early 70s through to the early 90s, I have never been able to enjoy the music of some of the most well respected and influential bands during that period and those are:

AC/DC - I think they're good, but every song seems the same to me. Plus it's simple by-the-numbers three chord rock that a ton of other bands have copied and improved in my opinion such as; Cinderella, Dirty Looks, Circus Of Power, Kix and Jackyl.

Aerosmith - I like 70s Aerosmith and the Done With Mirrors album from '85 and that's it. People are always surprised when I say that I can't stand 80s Aerosmith. I just don't hear a dirty rock n' roll band anymore, I hear no guitars, too many synths, and vocals like a cat choking on pieces of chalk. They were a good band who fell apart, were resurrected by crossing genres and being original and then fell in line with everyone else milking the ballad cow.

Rush - I love guys with really high pitched vocals, but Geddy Lee's just doesn't do it for me. All excellent musicians don't get me wrong but I find it hard to like bands and remember songs when every track they make is about 7+mins long!

Bon Jovi - Hate. Surprised faces all round when I tell people that, again considering my love of all things glammy, pouffy and cheesy.  I loathe their simple, bland early stuff and I despise their new stuff. It's all just obvious corporate rock made  for the sole purpose of obtaining more and more money.

I'll leave it at that for now, but I'll also say that I could never get into Dream Theater. I like two songs; "Pull Me Under" and "Caught In A Web". I have no idea how they are even classed as "metal" ??
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:34:56 PM by Circus Circus » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »

Led Zeppelin is the most drastically overrated group. EVER.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 12:45:09 PM »

The Eagles
The Beatles
Just about any punk band
Poison
AC/DC
The Grateful Dead
Radiohead
Beck
David Bowie
Dave Matthews Band (probably #1 on this list for me to be honest)
Hootie And The Blowfish

Theres oh so many more that don't come to mind now.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 12:49:42 PM »

And you, my friend, don't know your ass from your elbow. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 01:33:48 PM »

Aerosmith - I like 70s Aerosmith and the Done With Mirrors album from '85 and that's it. People are always surprised when I say that I can't stand 80s Aerosmith. I just don't hear a dirty rock n' roll band anymore, I hear no guitars, too many synths, and vocals like a cat choking on pieces of chalk. They were a good band who fell apart, were resurrected by crossing genres and being original and then fell in line with everyone else milking the ballad cow.

Agreed on Aerosmith, though I hung in with'em till the PUMP record (1990). That's a good commercial rock record. Then came GET A GRIP which sounded exactly like PUMP, you could almost hear'em in the studio saying "Hey guys, we sold a sh*tload of that record, let's do the exact same thing all over again!" Everything I've heard after that has been varying degrees of suck/borderline embarrassing.

Bon Jovi - Hate. Surprised facse all round when I tell people that, again considering my love of all things glammy, pouffy and cheesy.  I loathe their simple, bland early stuff and I despise their new stuff. It's all just obvious corporate rock made  for the sole purpose of obtaining more and more money.

Preach it brotha! Never could stand that band, and as a mostly proud resident of the Garden State I hate the fact that they're synonymous with "New Jersey" nowadays.

I'll leave it at that for now, but I'll also say that I could never get into Dream Theater. I like two songs; "Pull Me Under" and "Caught In A Web". I have no idea how they are even classed as "metal" ??

Whew! At least I know it's not just me!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »

I never liked BON JOVI.  
I never got into RUSH
I have a friend who almost lives MARILLION.  Not me.  And even my friend can take only so much of PHISH.  I might be thinking of a different fish...  Twirling
Uhm, BLUE OYSTER CULT... not into. 
DREAM THEATER?  Somebody cares?  Question
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:26:40 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »

I'm not taking sides but I think this is the kind of thread where everyone should be able to say exactly what they think without fear of being 'flamed' or whatever - besides, music taste is subjective... (personally I think Led Zeppelin are amazing especially Houses Of The Holy)

just saying  Drink Thumbup

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 06:52:21 PM »

I'm not taking sides but I think this is the kind of thread where everyone should be able to say exactly what they think without fear of being 'flamed' or whatever - besides, music taste is subjective... (personally I think Led Zeppelin are amazing especially Houses Of The Holy)

just saying  Drink Thumbup
Well, before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, my friend Happy can say anything he wants, and if he doesn't know what he's talking about, I'll point it out.   Doesn't mean I'm not wrong, but you know I'm not.  TeddyR  I'm not "flaming" him and if you're afraid, I can't imagine why.  
And by the way, Houses Of The Holy is probably my least favorite of their albums.   Thumbup Wink
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:02:10 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »

Houses Of The Holy is your least favourite? pah, you don't know your a....oh hang on  Buggedout

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 08:13:11 PM »

Who's Led Zeppelin?  Buggedout Buggedout Wink BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »

Guns And Roses...I mean I kinda liked a few of their songs but not really.  Plus I really can't stand Axl Rose.
REM
Creed
3 Doors Down
Nickleback

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 09:10:33 PM »

Other bands I don't dig:
The Who
The Grateful Dead
The Moody Blues
Jefferson Airplane
Fleetwood Mac

I just never dug any of their songs.  Just not my 'cup of tea'.  And I don't want anyone thinking it's a generational thing where I dislike older music.  They're just a band I don't like, at all.  I'm not saying they're bad.  I just dislike their output.  Of that era, I prefer the likes of The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Iggy and The Stooges, Rush, Pink Floyd, etc.

Gotta remember, I'm more a 'punker' and like groups like Misfits, The Clash, Ramones, Black Flag, and other bands like ? and the Mysterians. 

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »

just saying  Drink Thumbup
Thanks, I think.  But it's AHD.  He's one guy around here that's always pleasant, I even got a chuckle out of it.

I just don't like the Zep. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bands/Artists That You Never Really Could Get Into « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.