Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:47:40 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies you ejected/walked out on « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: movies you ejected/walked out on  (Read 12706 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 03:36:46 PM »

I was flipping through channels the other night and watched about 10 minutes of The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. I just couldn't watch anymore. Sorry, maybe I'm a snob, but I feel like if I want to see that I can visit my local WalMart.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »

I have an ever growing list called the "f**k this movie" list in which a movie finally defeated me and I had to cut it off. The last movie that I added to this list was the live action "King of Fighters" film starring Maggie Q and Ray Park. I got to about the half way mark and realized that I was just wasting moments of my life that I was never going to get back.

The last one prior to that was the 2nd Transformers movie in which I got to the scene with the Devastator balls shot and just finally threw up my hands and cut it off  and haven't attempted to finish it since (and won't at any point).

Usually, though, I'll try to tough it out watching movie as a badge of honor of sorts. But as I've gotten a bit older, I try to only watch a bad movie if I'm going to get some sort of entertainment value out of it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 05:13:48 PM »

I've never walked out of a movie theather.  I figure if I made the drive and bought the ticket, I might as well stay to the end.

The one film I ejected was Super Bad at the part where they went to the liquor store.  It wasn't funny at all and I couldn't find what all the hype was about.  I almost did the same for Napolean Dynamite.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »

Maybe it's me, but I can't NOT finish a movie, no matter how bad it is. I believe I must have some sort of Film Watcher's O.C.D. Even if I'm watching a movie that completely, totally, utterly sucks, I cannot bring myself to bail on it, I feel that I have to make it to the end.

I suppose that somewhere in the back of my mind I'm afraid that if I quit on the movie before it's over, I'll always wonder how it ended and it'll bother me for the rest of my life. Ridiculous, right?

Therefore even when watching a movie that makes me pray for the sweet release of Death to free me from my torture (i.e. Andy Milligan's "Carnage," "Battlefield Earth," etc.) I grit my teeth and gut it out.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
major jay

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 06:52:57 PM »

.PSYCHED BY THE 4-D WITCH-Incomprehensible piece of garbage.

I think it's way more enjoyable with the sound turned off and Hendrix's ELECTRIC LADYLAND played over top of it.

66Crush
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 08:44:05 PM »

I might not finish a movie at home, but at the theater I will stay until the end. I think even a bad movies is made better through the theater experience. However, it didn't help "The A-Team" that much.
Raffine

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 08:50:54 PM »

I was flipping through channels the other night and watched about 10 minutes of The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. I just couldn't watch anymore. Sorry, maybe I'm a snob, but I feel like if I want to see that I can visit my local WalMart.

I accidentally caught about half of this recently. I usually enjoy any documentary to some point but I couldn't for the life of me understand why someone found this loud, illiterate, and offensive family so interesting as to make a film about them.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Archivist

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 01:44:10 AM »

Never bailed at the cinema, as I usually know enough about a movie to know if it is worth watching there in the first place.

I have ejected Live By The Fist (1993).  I bought it along with a number of other bargain bin martial arts movies, thinking that since it starred Jerry Trimble, of whom I had good memories from Jet Li's The Master, it might be good.  Boy, was I disappointed.

I think it's shot in the Phillipines, but it might as well be any place with skungey looking jungles and dirty prisons.  The script is terrible, the acting awful, the whole movie was depressing, and even the fight scenes, of which there were many, were just as bad.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 09:44:01 AM »

Clerks 2 - I tried so hard to watch it again as I could not belive what I saw the first time, but I couldn't. I ejected it and snapped it. AWFUL!!!

Hall Pass - What a croc, mind you I'm not sure what I was expecting, but not that. I ejected it and threw it out my flat window, which happens to be on the 3rd floor.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 02:32:03 PM »

Death Tunnel - if there's one thing I absolutely hate it's when they edit a movie together in that rapid-fire fashion.  This movie took that to it's ultimate, and utterly putrefied conclusion.

Anacondas Hunt for the Blood Orchid - made your average SyFy channel Original seem like the work of a genius in comparison. 

The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak - Tawny Kitaen running around topless - and I still never made it to the end   Question 

A whole pile of movies of those Mill Creek 50 packs.  Of course you pretty much know going in that there are going to be more than a few that just cannot be endured.

I must concur, particularly with

Still, at .20 a movie (Wal-Mart Cost), I can't complain TOO much.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 05:44:42 PM »

I couldn't make it through the following. Keep in mind, most of these were against my will (usually my father dragging me into watching it, until eventually I'm able to convince him to walk out). Only the first two and Red Zone Cuba (Mst3k couldn't save it) were exceptions.
Thomas and the Magic Railroad (I was a little kid, shut up).
I had to walk out of The Powerpuff Girls Movie for a few minutes, unable to take the "Bubbles cries for ten minutes straight" scene. Also, see above explanation for why I wanted to sit through this thing.  
Ben Stiller's Heartbreak Kid
Epic Movie
Transformers 2 (sadly, I couldn't convince my dad to walk out of 3, as he was too fast asleep)
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D
Disaster Movie
The Island
Red Zone Cuba
Norbit
Daddy Day Care
Alvin and the Chipmunks
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:49:12 PM by Kaseykockroach » Logged

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
akiratubo

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 07:26:36 PM »

Diabolique.  When they revealed the "twist" near the end, I was probably more p**sed off than I'd ever been at any movie.  I ejected that sucker in a hurry.  I did go back and finish it (more than a year later) and I wish I hadn't.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 04:39:41 AM »

the LOSERS (2010)-I rented this last night. I turned it off after 10 minutes.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 04:52:46 PM »

New one to add to the list.

Con Air. Cage's horrible southern accent alone was enough to make me turn it off.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »

I wish I had walked out on/shut off the following but yeah I watched them all to the end. Doubt I'll ever force myself to suffer through this pain again:

National Lampoon's Senior Trip
The Waterboy
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Transformers II: Revenge of the Fallen
Armageddon
Clerks II
Natural Born Killers
Boogie Nights
Accident
Envy

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies you ejected/walked out on « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.