Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:40:37 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  If you could remake a movie; what would it be and how would you change it? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: If you could remake a movie; what would it be and how would you change it?  (Read 8992 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 08:13:40 AM »

Not a remake, but I would give William Shatner a couple of $million to re-do the largely terrible visual FX in Star Trek V which was IMO that film's only weak point.

Everyone says that but I didn't mind the effects. They weren't the greatest but they didn't distract.

However, 'Eden' at the end was laughable.
How is a desert anyone idea of paradise! They should've built a cool jungle set or a location shoot is Costa Rica or annything; filiming in a barren waste land where you expect Mad Mad to go driving by at any time is pathetic. lol

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 08:40:15 AM »

THE WARRIORS - ...I'd like to see a gritty version with gut-wrenching violence...

And that is the sort of thing that would turn me off of seeing the film.  It works fine as it is and by up-ing the violence on it, you might end up distracting people away from everything with the shock value.

Yeah, but when it first came out everyone was distracted by the violence.  The movie actually caused riots and gang violence in many theaters and was extremely controversial.  The violence is tame by today's standards.  I'd like to see a version that portrays gang violence more realistically, rather than the comic-book way the original portrayed it. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 11:56:27 AM »

Jaws 4:  I would keep the score

Isn't it depressing how amazing the Score is vs. the rest of the movie
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 04:50:01 PM »

Pulp Fiction -cut out the long scenes with Bruce willis's asian girlfriend. I realise that's more 'If You could Edit a Film' but still...

Piranah - only because Piranah 3D was such a steaming pile of lettuce, I'd like someone to remake it in a genuinely good way.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 05:10:33 AM »

Kung Fu Panda (2008).
I would change the final, after the presentation of Tai Lung it is annoying that he gets killed by Po after one week of Kung Fu training.

So I would make final like that: in the fight Tai Lung understands what was wrong in his life and surrenders (most of it admittedly). He brings a fainted Po to the temple and accepts his punishment for his crimes and start working as social worker in the valley. The idea is that the violence was not the solution to the Tai Lung problem; and only Po could bring sanity in Tai Lung mind.

Po stays in the temple and starts learning kung fu, years passes. Final scene: Po is fighting Tigress and hits her violently. Po starts one of his nonsensical dances from the happiness that for the first time he hit Tigress. She starts beat the hell out of him (Po does not lose his happiness, of course).

Tai Lung returns and see that Tigress has the stick of the leader and discover that Shifu died for the wounds years ago; yet the new Tai Lung is welcomed back to the temple.
I think it would be less funny, but more deep than the original ending. And it keeps Tai Lung for the sequels! (ok, you lose Shifu...)

What do you think?
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »

I think...you've just spoiler-ized the end of Kung Fu Panda? not really bothered tbh I wasn't planning on watching it  Smile

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 04:45:12 AM »

FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN-I'd have given the Monster the ability to speak.
In the finale of GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN, the Monster is given the brain of Ygor-and he speaks in Ygors voice...yet he's blinded.
Stands to logic that in the sequel he would speak.
And.... in FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN...he does! But all Lugosi's dialouge was cut! And all refrences to the monster being blinded!
So all the scenes of Larry Talbot leading the Monster around by the hand,and of him standing immobile while Talbot talks to folks seems meaningless.
At the finale,when the Doctor is restoring the Monster to full strength-Lugosi's eyes pop open-he can see again!

But,unless your a monster movie geek-you wouldnt know it-because all the dialouge was cut!
A shame.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »

I'd give 'The Ninth Gate' an...ohh...I don't know...an ending perhaps???

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 05:17:32 AM »

The 1931 DRACULA.
The first 1/3rd of the film is wonderful-perfect!
After Dracula is in England...not so much.
More is discribed rather than shown. Example....the scene in the asylum when Reinfield describes Dracula approaching his window and promising him "Ratssss! RATSSSS! THOUSANDS! MILLIONS" and the eyes of rats glowing in the backround . This should have been shown!
Also the vampirized Lucy approaching and killing the child;the Count as a wolf fleeing the house,and finally-the very anticlimatic staking scene! Dracula is dispatched with an off screen moan!!!!
Coulda use some music in parts too....Swan Lake is used in the credits....that could have been incorporated.
It's still a classic....thanks to Lugosi and Karl Freund's photography....but it could have been soooo much more.

"I'm rrrready for my cue,Meeeester-Mer-chant!"

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Vik
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 12:16:05 PM »

Creature from The Black Lagoon. One of my favourite classic monster flicks. Seen it many times  Thumbup
RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 05:48:57 PM »

Surf Nazis must Die. Funny title, fun idea, terrible execution. It's just a dull movie. Pump up the action, humor and the art direction. Seriously the sets are just a few scattered warehouses with a hastily spray painted swastikas. It's post apocalyptic, I want to see Surfers (with chainsaws on their boards) riding waves of toxic sludge, and neo-nazis geting mangled in hilarious ways.

=== ===
           Go Robo!
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »

Every comic book based movie that's been going wrong lately.

Also kinda off topic, If I go the right to direct Batman I'd make a Riddler that doesn't suck and a Scarecrow that I won't laugh at.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 10:26:01 PM »

Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe - make Flash truly heroic, but someone who can use a helping hand then and again, involve Dale Arden more in the action and make the villains even more menacing. A mix of comedy, seriousness, elements of sci-fi and horror and just plain fun.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »

I have a couple, I will list one now and then keep on adding.

The Guyver II -  Dark Hero.  The end shows the main character launching the alien ship.  I would remake it (the rest of the movie was very good I thought) to have the guy explore the ship more and find more about the Guyver unit and why it is drawn to bad guys and also show where the planet was that the alien came from.

Another entry-
The Resurrected.  Most of the movie is great but there are some unanswered questions that i would answer with a remake.  The scene where the group is going into the opening in the basement, they hear a door close on the main floor, they look up but ignore it.  I would make it so that they go and investigate it and find a monster or another servant of the bad Charles.  The next part that I would remake (or touch up) is when the group is in the catacombs.  There are doors that are locked, I would have the be able to open the doors and find slaves or some monsters or some skeletons or may be a library or maybe nothing.  The next part would be in the great room with the exam table and the remains of the wizards and such.  This room had so much to offer but little was done.  The next thing I would remake of this movie is the lighting.  Eventhough it was supposed to be dark, I would have had a better lantren or flood/flashlight written in.  This could have been used to explore the other rooms or the great room better.  The last thing I would have remade is the scene with the creatures in the pit.  I think they could have been shown better.  There are other movies I would do but I need to save room for other members ;)

Later,

John
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:06:50 AM by JPickettIII » Logged

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 10:57:43 PM »

Creature from The Black Lagoon. One of my favourite classic monster flicks. Seen it many times  Thumbup

How would you change it?

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  If you could remake a movie; what would it be and how would you change it? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.