Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:50:02 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Documentaries: What are the Worst? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Documentaries: What are the Worst?  (Read 11957 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: August 28, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »

Here's a topic that I doubt we've ever covered before (Man, I'm on a roll with posting tons of new topics lately!), bad documentaries.  Now a bad one, I'm thinking they would have bad editing, the person who made the film has no idea what they are talking about, lots of the facts they use are incorrect or can be proven wrong with credible sources, it's really a propaganda film in disguise, information is manipulated or edited to the creator's own opinion, or similiar.  I don't watch documentaries that much, so I can't say for certian what makes a bad one, but I figure things like would be the problem.

Now, what are some of the worst or most poorly made documentaries you've seen?  I've heard stuff like The Other Side of AIDS, What the #$*! Do We Know!?, or America: Freedom to Fascism are among some of the worst.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
claws
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 04:09:42 PM »

The Legend of Bigfoot (1976)

One of the worst documentaries I've ever seen. It's so bad its not even funny.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »

you really want me to answer that? I think The Jonas Brothers #-D Concert is the lowest documentary on IMDb

yeah no.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 12:57:21 PM »

Yup.  And Mill Creek put it in more than one of its 50 Movie Packs.  Oh, the pain!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 01:09:46 PM »

ZEITGEIST: THE MOVIE.  Here was my original short review: "Watch this documentary and learn: 1. that the New Testament is an astrological parable and Christianity is identical to Egyptian paganism; 2. the United States government blew up the World Trade Center to get the Patriot Act passed, and 3. the Federal Reserve Bank has manipulated America into entering every war since 1915 on its way to creating a One World Government where we'll all be implanted with microchips. But hey, the news isn't ALL bad--at least there's no law that says you have to pay income tax! Note to future cranks with video editing suites: your nutso pronouncements will have more 'zing' if you limit yourself to one goofball conspiracy theory at a time."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 01:47:27 PM »

Here's a topic that I doubt we've ever covered before (Man, I'm on a roll with posting tons of new topics lately!), bad documentaries.  Now a bad one, I'm thinking they would have bad editing, the person who made the film has no idea what they are talking about, lots of the facts they use are incorrect or can be proven wrong with credible sources, it's really a propaganda film in disguise, information is manipulated or edited to the creator's own opinion, or similiar.  I don't watch documentaries that much, so I can't say for certian what makes a bad one, but I figure things like would be the problem.

Now, what are some of the worst or most poorly made documentaries you've seen?  I've heard stuff like The Other Side of AIDS, What the #$*! Do We Know!?, or America: Freedom to Fascism are among some of the worst.

I think this would pretty much encompass anything made by Michael Moore. I'd also add in the Al Gore's A Convenient Truth. And, just to show I'm not only including political propaganda, I'll add in the "documentaries" about UFO rods that I addressed in another thread (they're really just poorly filmed insects that the "filmmakers" claim are minuscule ufos)--bad, bad, bad "fact checking."

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »

Michael Moore would be among my least favorite as far as documentary filmmakers go. I don't have a problem with him being a liberal. Have at it. But he is such a freaking pipsqueak about it. What little of his documentary work I've watched, he's like the fat kid in school who got bullied and now makes documentaries out of revenge. The man has serious issues. As a kid who was bullied a bit myself, I can identify one several miles away. Get over it.

That having been said, pretty much ANY documentary that is so biased as to have no objective merit get on my nerves, and that goes for you righties too.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 04:56:39 PM »

WEIRD WORLD OF LSD (1967)

Small | Large

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 09:25:26 PM »

Yup.  And Mill Creek put it in more than one of its 50 Movie Packs.  Oh, the pain!

When I saw the topic title this was the first movie I thought of.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 07:15:37 AM »

WEIRD WORLD OF LSD (1967)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ8hN2j9PNE

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

brilliant. the bird!!!!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 08:38:20 AM »

I haven't seen a bad documentary before. I've seen a parody of bad documentaries on the show Monk though. It was on an episode about the murder of the oldest man in the world.

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 01:29:37 PM »

Two words: Jesus Camp.  Thumbdown
Hammock Rider

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 08:50:56 AM »

Crazy Legs Conti: Zen and the Art of Competitive Eating

I haven't seen it but it sounds really bad.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Crystal Pepsi Lite
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 06:06:22 PM »

Ringers - the documentary on the Lord of the Rings phenomena is awful.  They couldn't get the rights to ANYTHING so it was funny how they talked about all this stuff and never showed it - dumb and boring.  And I loved Trekkies 1 and 2.
claws
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 01:07:21 AM »

Ringers - the documentary on the Lord of the Rings phenomena is awful.  They couldn't get the rights to ANYTHING so it was funny how they talked about all this stuff and never showed it - dumb and boring. 

rofl! sounds like a real winner. I once bought a Disco documentary on DVD and apparently they couldn't get the rights to 90% of the most important disco songs, including songs by Donna Summer. Super-fail.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Documentaries: What are the Worst? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.