Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:05:06 PM
714387 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, back from court... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Well, back from court...  (Read 5062 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 19, 2011, 09:15:04 PM »

Went to court today, my appointment was at 1:30pm, we arrived at 1pm... and they started promptly around 2:45.  Long story short, my lawyer pulled my mom and me aside and said the state has a deal for us: plead guitly and get five years, or I can plead guilty and hope for a better sentence from the judge (or, I assume) go to trial.  

Things were way too busy for my lawyer to talk to us in detail, so he told me to call and make another appointment with him.  My next trial date is Nov 22nd (yay, I get to wait two MORE months!)

So... I don't know.  I'm trying hard not to really think about the situation too much.  Doing a search or two on "going to prison" advice, trying to find something that might be helpful.  I'm pretty sure in a few hours it's going to hit me and I'm going to start breaking down.  

Yeah, I'm worried.  Let's face it, I'm six foot six, so I'm not the type who can just "blend in" or "hide" in any environment.  I'm going to get noticed, I just hope I don't attract too much of the wrong type of attention.  

I gotta go.. need something to clear my head.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:16:30 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »

Sorry, I haven't been on Bad Movies for a while now, what exactly did you do?

BTM

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »

Sorry, I haven't been on Bad Movies for a while now, what exactly did you do?

I've never discussed the details, I don't really care to get into the whys right now. 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »

I hope for the best for you BTM.  Maybe you can get a suspended sentence.  Rarely does a five year sentence actually equate to five years served.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 12:36:02 AM »

Me too. Sounds like you're going through a challenging time but hopefully things will still work out .

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 02:49:08 AM »

Here's hoping for the best, BTM.

No matter what comes, just have faith in yourself that you can be strong enough to handle whatever life throws at you. Good luck!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 07:05:34 AM »

Stay strong dude, it may not be a bad as what you're thinking in your head and you may only end up doing a few months.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 08:06:49 AM »

I personally know 3 people who spent time in prison (one was in for 9 years for dragging a police officer with his car and killing him, the others were in for less than 5 years each).  Although prison is not a fun place to be, none of them said it was nearly as bad as what you see on TV and in movies.  Of course, that all depends on which prison you go to.  Whatever happens, I wish you the best.  Try to stay positive if you can.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 09:36:09 AM »

On the bright side, prison might offer a break from your other worries, some stability and structure, and time to sort yourself out.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »

Good luck!

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Cthulhu

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 10:47:29 AM »

I don't know what you did or didn't do, but be strong.
BTM

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »

I hope for the best for you BTM.  Maybe you can get a suspended sentence.  Rarely does a five year sentence actually equate to five years served.

Well, dunno for sure, but I BELIEVE Illinois has a thing where for some crimes they reduce your sentence by one day for each day of good behavior you have on record.  That's one of several things I'm going to ask my attorney about next time I see him 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 05:37:48 PM »

Well, dunno for sure, but I BELIEVE Illinois has a thing where for some crimes they reduce your sentence by one day for each day of good behavior you have on record.  That's one of several things I'm going to ask my attorney about next time I see him 

From the Illinois Dept. of Corrections website (http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/faq/default.shtml):

"Statutory Good Time refers to the percentage of time an inmate must spend incarcerated. Inmates serve 50%, 75%, 85%, or 100% of their sentence.  This is determined by statute and is based on the offense that was committed.  Inmates may lose some of that good time based on their behavior while in custody."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »

Be strong man, and i hope you can work things out and pull through it. Thumbup

BTM

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 12:42:10 AM »

Thanks everyone. 

I'm seeing my lawyer Wednesday morning.  I'll have a lot of questions to ask him, and we'll see what happens from there. 

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, back from court... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.