Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:29:47 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Avengers (2012) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: The Avengers (2012)  (Read 58608 times)
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2012, 06:11:32 AM »

I've seen in twice now, once in 2D and once on a larger screen in 3D.  The second time around it is even better.  I didn't mind the 3D at all, I thought it was very well done.  I am so buying this movie when it comes out on blu-ray.

I am interested in the final scene that is being shown at the very end of the credits, because when I saw it (Australian version) we stayed all the way to the end until the lights came on and the curtains were drawn, and didn't see a thing.  Is that the scene to do with shawarma or whatever it is called?

It is quite thrilling to see that this movie has already brought in over USD$200m, which is more than Iron Man made in its entire cinematic run.  DVD and blu-ray sales are going to be massive.  It is said that at this rate it will beat Avatar's takings, and I cannot think of another movie that I would like to see beat Avatar.  Fingers crossed for the team to smash Pandora!  Take that, cliched movie-maker!

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pacman000
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »

I saw it Friday, in 2D.  Thumbup

So you want to know about the scene after the credits? O.K.

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Not much happens; the Avengers are at a fast food place eating burgers. They don't talk. They don't do any thing cool.  They don't set up the next movie.  They just sit around eating until the screen goes black.  Surprisingly, it wasn't a letdown; it was kinda funny. 
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Not much happens; the Avengers are at a fast food place eating burgers. They don't talk. They don't do any thing cool.  They don't set up the next movie.  They just sit around eating until the screen goes black.  Surprisingly, it wasn't a letdown; it was kinda funny. 

This is not the same after-the-credit sequence I saw.  The one I saw DOES set up the next movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »

Yeah, I don't do 3D movies either for the most part.  It was helpful in Avatar.  But I have seen the Avengers 3 times now, just regular 2D.  :)    I get a sense of visual strain watching them in 3D as well.  Same for my wife, so that makes it simple.

That scene between Loki and the Hulk... that never, never, ever gets old.     Thumbup  I'd say more but I don't remember how to hide a line as a spoiler.
That's so true....that scene is awesome! Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pacman000
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2012, 01:33:52 PM »

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

This is not the same after-the-credit sequence I saw.  The one I saw DOES set up the next movie.

There was a scene midway through the credits, which was more significant.  Could that be the scent your thinking about?
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

They're eating shwarma. TongueOut

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2012, 05:48:37 PM »

Yeah, the very final scene, they're eating shwarma, as by their disgusted faces.

The 'mid-credits' scene sets up the next couple films.

Interestingly enough...people in the theater I was in walked out scratching their heads not knowing who it was...

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2012, 11:57:56 PM »

Yeah, the very final scene, they're eating shwarma, as by their disgusted faces.

Interestingly enough...people in the theater I was in walked out scratching their heads not knowing who it was...

If you read a couple of comics but not the right ones, you'd wonder if that were a Skrull at the end.

But it's pretty understandable that a fair number of people wouldn't recognize him.
dean

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2012, 03:38:02 AM »

If you read a couple of comics but not the right ones, you'd wonder if that were a Skrull at the end.

But it's pretty understandable that a fair number of people wouldn't recognize him.

Funnily enough I was hoping the 'aliens' in the trailer would be Skrulls rather than that other group they used [it sets up more tension later] but I was informed by a friend that Fox has the rights to the Skrulls since they have the Fantastic Four franchise rights still, so it may be a while until we see the Skrulls in action in a Marvel produced picture.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2012, 08:44:55 AM »

The buzz will be created by them having to ask all their nerd friends who the hell that was. Brilliant marketing!

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »

Funnily enough I was hoping the 'aliens' in the trailer would be Skrulls rather than that other group they used [it sets up more tension later] but I was informed by a friend that Fox has the rights to the Skrulls since they have the Fantastic Four franchise rights still, so it may be a while until we see the Skrulls in action in a Marvel produced picture.

That doesn't bode well for a Captain Marvel movie . . .  Bluesad

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »

I was lucky...I had my daughter and husband with me and they're the experts on who is who in Marvel. Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »

Yeah, I didn't get a very good look but, if it's who I think it is, I can see how it would cause some confusion.  Potentially exciting setup though.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Archivist

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2012, 10:55:39 PM »

After that end scene, I turned to the stranger sitting next to me and said, "That's Apocalypse ... I think ..."

While I didn't get the name right, I knew the connections.  I'm hoping that in the sequel the gloves come off for a gem of a story. ;)

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2012, 11:57:08 PM »

Urgh.  I didn't read Infinity Gauntlet, but was that any good?  if so will have to snag a copy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Avengers (2012) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.