Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:57:48 AM
712923 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Top 100 Worst Musicians of All Time « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Top 100 Worst Musicians of All Time  (Read 41531 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 08:49:04 PM »

1) Sid Vicious
2) Soulja Boy
3) Alanis Morissette
4) Rebecca Black
5) O-Town
6) (Insert random generic Nu-Metal Band here)
7) The Fall
8) The drummer from The Shaggs
9) Korn
10) Insane Clown Posse
11) (Insert random generic Modern Country Band here)
12) Florence Foster Jenkins
13) My Chemical Romance
14) The Beatles
15) Michael Jackson
16) Bono
17) Led Zeppelin
18) Limp Bizkit
19) Lady Gaga
20) Billy Ray Cyrus
21) Nickelback
22) Justin Bieber
23) Design The Skyline
24) Rucka Rucka Ali

Limp Bizkit was already mentioned.
25) Axl Rose- He can't sing worth crap and drags Guns 'n' roses down!

yeah no.
66Crush
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 01:34:01 AM »

Sorry but I'm going to pick apart this list.

Sid Vicious- Not really a musician more of a figurehead.

Alanis Morissette- Even if you don't like her voice, she is a talented songwriter.

Korn- Don't like Johnathan Davis as a singer, but the musicians are good players.

My Chemical Romance- Just because emo  isn't your thing, doesn't mean they aren't decent musicians

The Beatles- Are you on crack? It's cool if you don't like them, but they are great musicians and songwriters.

Michael Jackson- Never liked him or his music, but the fact is the guy could sing.

Bono- Douche, but he can sing.

Led Zeppelin- This one just erks me! These guys are great players!

Justin Bieber- I hate the kid and it pains me to say this, but the little brat's got talent.

I agree with Rebecca Black, Insane Clown Posse, Limp Bizkit, and Axl as a singer (but not G'nR as a whole).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:23:12 AM by 66Crush » Logged
Keir
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:13 AM »

The trouble with any thread like this is that the true "worst musicians" are people most of us have never heard.  Even narrowing it down to those who actually recorded and released albums you have atrocities like this:

Small | Large

I could do my own Top 100 list of just bands like that, and that is just within the hard rock/metal genre.

However, typically what you get, and what you have here, is a list of the most overrated musicians because those are the ones everyone has heard.  As much as I agree with the complaints about the current state of commercial music, you have to have at least a little talent to get on the radio.  And simply by the nature of the word, the more overrated you think someone is, the more people there are who will disagree with you.  Case in point: The Beatles.
Frank81
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »

Figured we should do a "Top 100 Worst" this time around. Anyway:

The world of music has blessed us with talented musicians whose compositions put a smile on our face. At the same time, there have been many people in the past and present who although like to consider themselves "musicians", are actually devoid of talent.

Post up to three musicians you absolutely can't stand. Add some comments about said person if you wish.

1) Sid Vicious

So the thread begins with one of the most infamous bass players of all time. Apparently Sid was so bad that the band made sure that his bass was unplugged during live performances. When even your own bandmates think you suck, you know there's something wrong.

To be fair to Sid, he was a performer, like  performance art, he never claimed to be a miscian, if anything, the Pistols were  a  statement of 'anti-music' as it had become, stylised and stadium rock. It did bring  rock back to it'0s roots, which, was people with something to say who happened to pick up musical instruments.
Frank81
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2012, 12:04:42 PM »

Led Zeppelin, The Beatles... Twirling  Led Zeppelin  remains  one iof the greats in my book, of course, I saw them live and grew up listening to them and The Beatles, so like any iof these  best of/worst of lists it's  more  based on the age of the listener and their  memories. But, I would stack any band before say, 1985, with any of what  passes  for music and musicians  these  days which mostly  are pretty bad
66Crush
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2012, 12:12:00 AM »

I agree that once you did actually have to have talent to be signed to record deal and have your music played on the radio. But sadly, today we have artist like William Hung. Who to my knowledge is the first person in history to be signed to a record deal BECAUSE he was a terrible singer. It shows you the power of shows like "American Idol." The really bad part is that artist like Hung and Rebecca Black are so media savy, that their music has a better chance of being heard than some artist who have genuine talent. In Miss Black's case it was her father's money that got her music promoted. Sadly, money and sex appeal are other factors that go into making some of the worst music out there.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »

The Beatles

-Soulless drivel

-The Justin Biebers of their time

-The band that almost single-handedly destroyed Rock and Roll

You don't know what you're talking about.  THE BEATLES saved Rock 'n Roll, which is why the Punk movement came into being - the '60s Garage Rock bands were mostly emulating Brit invasion bands like THE BEATLES and THE ROLLING STONES. And in the '70s RAMONES got their name from PAUL McCARTNEY.  There will always be BEATLE haters.  It's just ignorant.  
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:29:36 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »

The Beatles

-Soulless drivel

You don't know what you're talking about.  THE BEATLES saved Rock 'n Roll, which is why the Punk movement came into being - the '60s Garage Rock bands were mostly emulating Brit invasion bands like THE BEATLES and THE ROLLING STONES. And in the '70s RAMONES got their name from PAUL McCARTNEY.  There will always be BEATLE haters.  It's just ignorant.  
Thank you,very much. Very few groups WERE music but the Beatles were one.

As for worst groups,I would have to list The Rolling Stones.  My twin sister calls them "The World's Most Famous Mediocre Band" and I must agree.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Frank81
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2012, 07:46:27 AM »

The Beatles

-Soulless drivel

Thank you,very much. Very few groups WERE music but the Beatles were one.

As for worst groups,I would have to list The Rolling Stones.  My twin sister calls them "The World's Most Famous Mediocre Band" and I must agree.
Frank81
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 07:51:57 AM »

The Beatles, like Led Zeppelin, Floyd, Sabbath, the punk movement all the way  back when rythm and blues gave way to Rock and Roll and  Rock and has led to the real soul less devoid era of  today was never meant to be royalty, but, a  relection of it's  time. I think everyone see's it  from their  own perspective, Justin Beiber to me is no different  from David Cassidy was to teen and pre-teen girls when I was growing up.  I  don't need to defend the musicianship  of what  can be heard, but, I will say this, todays  music needs  to sample from the era  I grew up in and that says  alot what is  music and what is  soul less and destructive of R&R and other forms in the future.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 07:59:07 AM »

I think I've found a serious contender, check LIL WAYNE playing guitar

Small | Large

Small | Large

just feel the emotion in that playing  TeddyR
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:01:17 AM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »

The Beatles

-Soulless drivel

The Beatles saved Rock and Roll?  Needless to say, I disagree.  You seem to believe that your opinion is actually a fact, but alas there will always be Beatle hater haters.  It's just ignorant times two.
 Smile
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 03:24:37 AM »

I think that considering their enormous impact on everyone from teenyboppers to musical scholars and the fact that 99% of people would disagree with your opinion, you need to put up more of an argument against the Beatles than 'the justin biebers of their time' and 'soulless drivel' . If you can actually say why you think they "destroyed rock'n'roll" then it would help your cause. I'd be interested to know, anyway...

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 04:30:55 PM »

I think rock and roll was pretty damn boring before the Beatles---if they destroyed it, then good for them!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 05:44:19 PM »

they were certainly influenced by it. I highly doubt they set out to destroy it. tracks like I Wanna Hold Your Hand are very rock'n'roll

edit: just realised I was thinking of 'I Saw Her Standing There', but I wanna Hold Your Hand also applies...

they also did relatively straight covers of rock'n'roll standards like Twist & Shout etc...

it's a non-argument really!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:40:30 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Top 100 Worst Musicians of All Time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.