Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:21:50 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen  (Read 2534 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 07, 2011, 06:58:38 AM »

"Transformers, more than meet the eye.  Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons.  The Transformers, more than meets the eye.  Transformers, robots in disguise."

Ah yes, the transformers.  I remember them from over 20 years ago.  Hasbro made a toyline to compete with Tonkas GoBots.  I watched the series and all the movies (Except Dark of the Moon.)

But one thing I question is the second film, Revenge of the Fallen.  No, I'm not covering any reality flaws in this, I'm covering plot inconsistencies.  In the first film, we see the robot Devastator is very clearly a tank.  The text on the screen calls him that.  But in the second film we see six robots merge into a giant unnamed robot.  I've seen various vids on YouTube name this robot Devastator even though it wasn't named in the movie.  The vids also name the six robots that form him the Constructicons even though they weren't called that in the film.  Now the major difference between Revenge of the Fallen's Devastator and the original Devastator was the original one stood upright while the one in Revenge of the Fallen stood on all fours.  Now all of the robots that form him with the exception of Mix Master didn't have the same names as the original Constructicons.  Now pne thing that bothers me is why the Autobots didn't bring in one of their Giant robots like Omega Supreme, Superion, Defensor or Computron.  Why did Michael bay stack the odds well against the Autobots for this film?

It took a rail gun to defeat this giant robot, something the humans of Earth had in their arsenal.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 02:19:47 PM »

This does not belong in the "Good Movies" section, by any standards of humanity. Anyone who even calls this a "movie" does not understand the concept of what a movie is.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:17:26 PM »

I really tried to give the "Transformers" franchise a shot for the sake of my oldest son, who was about 5 when the first film came out and was Transformers crazy at the time (fueled, no doubt, by the constant marketing of the film and toys on TV). So eventually I broke down and I bought the first film on DVD. Watched it with my son, and he LOVED it. I wished I could say the same. It's been a couple of years now I still remember thinking that it felt like I was standing behind someone in an arcade watching them play a video game for two plus hours. Other than that, all I can recall are random scenes of metal clanging together and some lingering memories of Megan Fox's sweaty cleavage.

...so yeah, I wasn't impressed.

Therefore I never bothered with either of the two follow up films and since it seems my son has moved on to other interests, hopefully I never will have to experience them. Although I'm probably in trouble if they make "Beyblade: The Movie" anytime soon.

Give me the "Transmorphers" films from the Asylum any day. They're shorter, and least those movies KNOW they're crap.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 05:27:06 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.