Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:33:12 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Insane people « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Insane people  (Read 9362 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 11:15:44 AM »

I would've opened that soy milk right there in the store... and poured it over that crazy old bat's head.

But seriously folks... when I worked @ a K-Mart years ago we had a regular customer named "Tom" who was kinda like a local legend. He was middle aged and quite obviously mentally impaired in some way (think Rain Man), he would come in to the store every morning around the same time, get a soda from the snack bar, and then wander around chit-chatting with the employees about sports. He seemed to know the win-loss records, stats, and rosters of every high school sports team in the area going back at least 20 years and would gladly tell you all about how so-and-so from such-and-such school was a WAY bettter quarterback or center or goalie (depending on which sport he wanted to discuss that day) than so-and-so from the other school back in 1981, and he could go on for days if you let him. He was kinda irritating but harmless so most of us would just go "Yeah, OK, Tom, whatever you say" and then try to manufacture an excuse to get away from him ("I have to go in the stock room for more boxes, catch you later").

Anyway, during the course of my employment there the store underwent a major remodeling project, and the old snack bar was dismantled and closed down (later to become a Little Caesar's Pizza Station). When "Tom" came in the day after the snack bar closed and found there was nowhere for him to get his soda, he FREAKED OUT. Started yelling, screaming, grabbing things off of shelves and throwing them to the floor, etc., etc. Fortunately our store manager had his parents' home phone # and had to call them to come "talk him down" and take him home.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 11:32:28 AM »

Speaking as a crazy person, I've found that it's the normal people that ain't quite right in the head.
It like George Thorogood said, "Everybody funny! Now you funny too!"
Thus, I live my outdoor life by one simple rule; No matter where you are, there you go."

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 05:23:11 PM »

I'm sure I work with a few........nope, not lying I'm serious.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
claws
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »

We had one at work. She was Polish (with old school carnies roots and connections), hyperactive, emotional unstable (either laughing hysterical or crying. Yes, she cried at work for reasons unknown) and everyone's business was her business. She openly admitted that the males at work made her horny because she wasn't getting any from her spouse, and she would start fights with younger female co-workers out of jealousy because she was pushing 50.
She certainly had a problem with her age which she tried to hide behind tons of badly applied make-up, ridiculous ("tight") clothing and excessive visits at the tanning salon.
Her whole appearance was just "ROFL" but you didn't dare to laugh at her face because she had a nasty attitude, was anti-social and just unpleasant in general.
Everyone thought she was nuts and I think she actually was. She was eventually let go from work which was a huge relief to say the least.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 04:31:14 AM »

A few years ago I was on my way to church in a pouring rainfall and stopped at a small gas station to get a soda and a bit of breakfast.  No one was there, so I pulled up under the awning next to a pump and ran in.  An old guy pulled up to the pump in front of me and actually bumped my car's license plate with his bumper. I was rather surprised - I had left more than enough room - and made some comment to the effect that "I think you bumped my car."
  He roared at the top of his lungs "Then why don't you move the son of a b**** then?" 
  I responded that I was the one who was parked there first, and suddenly he lunges for the trunk of his car and begins trying to open it!  I thought he had a gun, so I jumped in my car and headed out rather quickly - and looked in the rear view mirror to see him chasing me with an AXE!!!!  When he couldn't catch me, he actually THREW the axe after me as I drove off!  I got a safe distance away and called the cops to let them know what had happened.

Wow. I've never had a brush with the homicidal. Good on you, indianasmith, for getting the hell out of there.

I am very familiar with people who have mental problems. I work in a public library, which is one of the refuges left open to absolutely everybody.

My main familiarity is with people who are mentally retarded (I'm sure there's a better term, but I can't remember it). There are several group homes that usually come in in groups. In general, there are no problems, but there are times when they become agitated, which can become difficult. I do what I do for everybody, remain calm and try to help as best I can.

However, there are many other patrons with a host of other mental problems. The most visible are the paranoid schizophrenics. These are people who's brains are telling them that absolutely everybody is conspiring against them, and they can't escape from it.

One example, there is a girl who comes into our library quite often, and she is either on and off her meds. When she is off her meds, she will cuss out strangers for (to us) no reason. She's currently on her meds, but I recently had a long conversation where she complained about the people around her making insulting and cutting comments. This was her paranoia seeping through. So I did what I do for everybody, listen very patiently and try to get her to voice any complaints she has to the library employees rather than the other patrons. I was kind, I was understanding, because I really do care.

Schizophrenia, in general, is a very sad story. The important thing to remember is that while the effects may not be true for everybody else, it is very, very true to the person afflicted. So I do what I do for everybody, listen very closely, and try to help them in the best way I can.

Sometimes it goes off the rails, and that person isn't allowed back because there aberrant behavior is too extreme, but I make it my business to reduce those situations as much as I can.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »

Yes I've encountered my share of strange kooks and characters. Most recently was a pushy insurance salesman who didn't seem to want to take "no" for an answer and was so generally creepy he left me and my girlfriend unsettled for a while after he left. He got in by pretending to be doing some sort of survey only for him to shortly thereafter whip out his insurance binder. I flat out told the guy I wasn't interested but he keep going on and on with his spiel...finally he left but there were moments I genuinely thought he was about to flip out any moment and when he left he whispered just under his breath "you'll regret this" which was certainly creepy as heck.

But yeah I've seen a lot of weirdness over the years especially when I lived in boarding houses and bedsitting rooms during my college days. There was the guy who yelled profanities and bawled very loudly at a neighboring couple for fornicating on a nightly basis damning them as sinners. There was another guy who'd get plastered and bang on the house door claiming the landlady who was old enough to be his mother had ruined him and that her current son was really his. There was the old guy who waited for his pension so he could go downtown and spend it on prostitutes, a guy that generally smelled and rarely if ever bathed. Another guy would get plastered and try and do karate while in that state and would generally end up falling on his butt but of course always claimed we were the best friends he ever had even though we hardly knew him. There was also an old woman who used to walk the streets who must have had tourette's or something given she be walking very fast and apparently cussing out the invisible man. Honestly there doesn't seem to go very many weeks I don't encounter some craziness or weirdness although most of it is more innocent harmless stuff I'd say.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
odinn7

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »

A few years ago I was on my way to church in a pouring rainfall and stopped at a small gas station to get a soda and a bit of breakfast.  No one was there, so I pulled up under the awning next to a pump and ran in.  An old guy pulled up to the pump in front of me and actually bumped my car's license plate with his bumper. I was rather surprised - I had left more than enough room - and made some comment to the effect that "I think you bumped my car."
  He roared at the top of his lungs "Then why don't you move the son of a b**** then?"  
  I responded that I was the one who was parked there first, and suddenly he lunges for the trunk of his car and begins trying to open it!  I thought he had a gun, so I jumped in my car and headed out rather quickly - and looked in the rear view mirror to see him chasing me with an AXE!!!!  When he couldn't catch me, he actually THREW the axe after me as I drove off!  I got a safe distance away and called the cops to let them know what had happened.

It's situations like that that make me want to get a concealed weapons permit.

It's situations like that that made me decide I needed a CCW permit.

Bring an axe to a gun fight?   Wink

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 07:10:16 AM »

I deal with chronically mentally ill people all the time at work. I encountered a guy that made about 30 little 3" or so snowmen out of his own poop, and he's not the craziest I've encountered.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Jim H

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 01:29:54 AM »

A few years ago I was on my way to church in a pouring rainfall and stopped at a small gas station to get a soda and a bit of breakfast.  No one was there, so I pulled up under the awning next to a pump and ran in.  An old guy pulled up to the pump in front of me and actually bumped my car's license plate with his bumper. I was rather surprised - I had left more than enough room - and made some comment to the effect that "I think you bumped my car."
  I responded that I was the one who was parked there first, and suddenly he lunges for the trunk of his car and begins trying to open it!  I thought he had a gun, so I jumped in my car and headed out rather quickly - and looked in the rear view mirror to see him chasing me with an AXE!!!!  When he couldn't catch me, he actually THREW the axe after me as I drove off!  I got a safe distance away and called the cops to let them know what had happened.

It's situations like that that make me want to get a concealed weapons permit.

It's situations like that that made me decide I needed a CCW permit.

Bring an axe to a gun fight?   Wink

Yeah..  I actually went through the training so I could go get a permit any time.  I should probably do it, I suppose.

Schizophrenia, in general, is a very sad story. The important thing to remember is that while the effects may not be true for everybody else, it is very, very true to the person afflicted. So I do what I do for everybody, listen very closely, and try to help them in the best way I can.

Yeah, it's pretty sad.  But, I will say there is hope.  About 1 in 3 people with schizophrenia left untreated will actually improve to the point they can lead a basically normal life, and another 1 in 3 can be gotten to that point with drugs and treatment.  Something not a lot of people realize is it isn't a sort of life sentence, not in all cases.

As far as crazy people..  Yes.  Seen several derelicts that were obviously insane.  One got angry and started getting aggressive, till storekeepers in the area made him leave.  There was also a kid at the library I worked at who obviously had something seriously wrong with him.  He wouldn't leave this one area, started making constant random loud noises, and then a guy came over and complained to the kid, realized the issue, and complained to the parents...  Who then were extremely rude and a fight almost broke out.  Then the parents dragged the kid off.

Yeah.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 09:36:20 AM »

Honestly, the old fella that pulled the axe on me turned out to be the brother of a good friend of mine - he was bipolar and off his meds.  His kids took charge of him after that, and got him on a regular course of medication.  He became a fixture at the local diner later on, eating breakfast with all the other old fogies and seemingly perfectly normal.  He had no memory of the incident and I did not remind him . . . he did remember me from when I was a kid and was always very nice to me.  He passed away last year at the age of 80.  I'm kinda glad I that I just got out of his way and did not hurt him, or let him hurt me, because it was an isolated incident in an otherwise fairly calm life.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 10:51:19 PM »

A boarder staying with an older couple I know recently flipped out and pulled a knife on the woman, all because he didn't have enough money to get his "fix" of smokes. Apparently he has an history of overdosing on Gravol and basically whatever else he can lay his hands on. Understandably the couple had to give him the boot and call the authorities...hear he's in the ward for the mentally ill now (probably where he should be anyways given he doesn't seem safe currently to have in society)....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »

how about a guy who, and I'm not joking, tried to run down a poor blind man with his big ass truck. yeah, I saw that happen yesterday when I was ridin my bike down Magazine Street.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 05:52:49 AM »

Define INSANE.
When do you cross the line?
When I said I was insane-Im serious.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 01:25:43 PM »

Define INSANE.

in·sane [in-seyn] Show IPA
adjective
1.  not sane; not of sound mind; mentally deranged.
2. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is mentally deranged: insane actions; an insane asylum.
3. utterly senseless: an insane plan.

Wink Sorry, couldn't resist.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 02:19:32 PM »

Define INSANE.

in·sane [in-seyn] Show IPA
adjective
1.  not sane; not of sound mind; mentally deranged.
2. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is mentally deranged: insane actions; an insane asylum.
3. utterly senseless: an insane plan.

Wink Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah-thats what I mean. Hits home. Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Insane people « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.