Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:33:49 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Film endings that made you cry? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Author Topic: Film endings that made you cry?  (Read 136487 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »

I didn't cry out of sadness.. but I laughed till it hurt and tears definitely did spring from my eyes, at the end of FINAL DESTINATION 2.  I was with my mom at the theater.  Some young kids glanced surprisingly over at me as I busted up.
Final Destination 2. Funny/Horrible Scene Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Celx
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2014, 02:58:33 AM »

The only film to ever draw tears from me is "Requiem for a dream". The ending was as devastating as it was heartbreaking, by the end I felt like my soul was dragged through all nine of the circles of hell, absolutely haunting.
I also find the endings of "Jacob's Ladder", and "Princess" incredibly sad.

On a related note there have been lots of good T.V. shows that have drawn tears from me, "Six Feet Under", and "Cowboy Bebop" come to mind.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2014, 04:19:26 AM »

I hate to admit it but the final episode of Boy Meets World where the students say goodbye to Mr Feeny for the last time had me bawling.

Mr Feeny: (to the empty classroom) "I love you all. Class dismissed."  Bluesad Bluesad

I also had a teacher like Mr Feeny who refused to give up on her very troubled student and because she never gave up on me, I never gave up.  Smile
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:16:39 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2014, 04:12:34 PM »

I hate to admit it but the final episode of Boy Meets World where the students say goodbye to Mr Feeny for the last time had me bawling.

Mr Feeny: (to the empty classroom) "I love you all. Class dismissed."  Bluesad Bluesad

I also had a teacher like Mr Feeny who refused to give up on her very troubled student and because she never gave up on me, I never gave up.  Smile

Then you may be interested in "Girl Meets World." A decade or more after "A Boy Meets World" has ended, Danielle Fishel and Ben Savage have married and have had a daughter played by Rowan Blanchard. Most of the old cast have an open invitation to appear on the new show. So far, there have been cameo appearances by William Daniels, Lee Norris, Rider Strong, and Will Friedle. And Willie Garson has said he's going to appear on the show sometime in the future.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2014, 11:36:08 AM »

I might have mentioned it before, but the ending scene from Dances With Wolves when Wind-In-His-Hair is saying goodbye to Kevin Costner.  Not to mention that we all know with great resignation, the fate awaiting Dunbar and the Lakota when they finally get caught.  Note the symbolism of the fear the Indian scouts have when the wold begins to howl..
this scene has a lot more power than people think..

Small | Large

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2014, 12:55:22 PM »

Another one I can think of is the ending to the Shaw Brothers film "Avenging Eagle", where Ti Lung's character finds out from his former crime boss that Alexander Fu Sheng's character is the husband of the pregnant women he was forced to kill before quitting the group. Ti Lung gets this look like his heart was ripped out, and realizes that his only real friend was helping him for his own purposes. Not to mention the ending itself where Ti Lung forcefully causes Fu Sheng to drive his double knives into him, and as Fu Sheng stands there totally shocked, Ti Lung tells him that he had to die by his hand, or the spirit of his wife would never rest in peace.  It really hits you...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2014, 01:13:29 AM »

I've seen Shawshank Redemption around 10 times in my life. I've always really enjoyed it, but for some reason today I got misty eyed at the end for the first time.

This sub-plot was what I carried away from the film the most. The whole Brooks segment reminded me of what could happen if you live a life with nothing to show for it, and nobody to miss you when you're gone. What Red did at the end and in the above photo was beautiful, and a fair reminder that none of us are ever truly alone regardless of how we may feel sometimes.

I get misty eyed at the beginning of SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION. I think, "Oh poor me, now I'm going to have to watch SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION!"

Again I say: you're the only person I know that doesn't like ShawshankSmile

There are others. We have a support group.

Actually, I don't hate it, but I think it's probably THE most overrated movie of all time, and I feel the need to mock it on principle.

You're one of a very few people I know who doesn't like Stanley Kubrick's THE SHINING.  Wink

I got a little teary-eyed as Jack Torrance slowly froze to death in the maze, crying out his son's and wife's names as the cold took him at the end of the movie. In the end, Jack Torrance was the victim of his own insanity and the Overlook Hotel's evil spirits and their influence. Aside from his alcoholism, he didn't seem to be a bad guy. Just a victim of supernatural circumstance.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2014, 04:43:44 AM »

I'd never seen John Carpenter's Starman until Sunday - that ending with Karen Allen and Jeff Bridges bathed in a comforting glow and that soaring score made me blub.  Bluesad

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »

I've been known to get a little misty now and then over movie scenes, but this always makes me cry real tears.

Small | Large

I'm doing it right now at work, thank God everybody else is at lunch.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2014, 01:43:37 PM »

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

poor Billy and  McMurphy   Bluesad

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2014, 01:17:03 AM »

The ending of Fast and Furious 6 / Fast 6: Tyrese Gibson's prayer and the feeling of family there: more or less what we have here. I also saw this after Paul Walker died and I really blubbed.*

* Only to have the you-know-what scared out of me by that pre-credits accident shortly thereafter.  Buggedout

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »

I get misty eyed at the beginning of SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION. I think, "Oh poor me, now I'm going to have to watch SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION!"

This is why I try to limit my viewings of it to maybe once a year. Once it hit syndication here in the States, I'm actually surprised that they didn't already have a Shawshank Redemption Channel on cable TV.  BounceGiggle

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2014, 02:18:48 AM »

The ending of Arthur Hiller's Teachers where Nick Nolte rediscovers his will to teach (The school wasn't built for us, it was built for the kids!) and the song Understanding by Bob Seger plays. I do cry but it's a joyful cry.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dlCAfq4wVg

Whenever I hear that, I'm reminded of the one teacher at my college who never gave up on her troubled student - me.  Smile
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 01:15:47 AM by Trevor » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2015, 12:54:22 AM »

The ending of Billy Jack teared me up a little, with all the kids saluting Billy as the cops drove him off. It didn't help me at all seeing Barbara (I think it's her but I'm unsure) cry as well.  Bluesad

Strangely, the final moments of A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors made me bawl, especially Patricia Arquette hugging Heather Langenkamp, sobbing and saying "Don't die, I'll dream you into a beautiful dream..."  Bluesad

The South African film Ipi Tombi with its' heart tugging (for me anyway) final aerial shot of the glorious Victoria Falls in full flow, sun glinting on the water and a lovely rainbow in the sky made me blub for home. Add to that the choir singing over that shot and I was on the floor, sobbing.   Bluesad

These are the Victoria Falls and this is home to me:

etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2015, 11:21:01 AM »

Titanic (1997) is for me a funny example. I was seeing it at the cinema at the time with quite few friends (including girls); and I was honestly touched in the phase where everyone goes crazy: the commander goes in her room, the violinists continue to play even in the disaster, etc...

I looked around and I felt I was the only one moved. The movie continues; the boat goes down and Jack dies. In that part it was pretty much the opposite, all the girls were crying and I was like "well? what's the problem?"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Film endings that made you cry? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.