Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:22:08 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Film endings that made you cry? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Author Topic: Film endings that made you cry?  (Read 136477 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2012, 06:38:33 PM »

This here- the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974)
Ok...yer thinking-"quit joking,Ronny."
I aint joking.
I actually teared up seeing her in the back of the truck laughing like a maniac.
She gotta way. She got away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6bWZhvvZQM
Tina and me watched it-cuz she aint never seen it.
She was yelling "RUN! RUN!RUN!OH MY GOD HE'S SO CLOSE" through a good part of the film.
She was actually cheering when Maryilyn Burns found the truck drivers-(she wondered-which I always did-"Where did the semi driver go?"-I love watching horror films with greenhorns! Like logic comes first,or something!  Twirling) And at the end she teared up-made me tear up.
There's really nothing to compare that film to.  Despite all the rip-offs, it's possibly negative influence, the naysayers, and dimwits, and it's relentless terror, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE is a brilliant, beautiful, important film. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2012, 07:09:13 PM »

I actually got a little misty last time I watched Apollo 13. In particular, it was the monologue at the very end, when Lovell talks about still looking up at the moon and wondering when people will return, and who it will be.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2012, 06:43:20 AM »

Spock's funeral from Star Trek The Wrath Of Khan

"His was the most......human......"

Add to that William Shatner choking up as he said it and a close up of Kirstie Alley crying: that was not acting, that was real.   Bluesad

From Star Trek 111 The Search For Spock:

"Jim...... your name is Jim......."  Bluesad Bluesad but also a  Smile and a  TeddyR

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:07:19 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »

I rarely cry, but I've known to be close to tears with some movie endings. "Saving Private Ryan" and the last "Star Trek" movie with Nimoy delivering the opening monologue from the series have already been mentioned, but one that always gets me is the ending of "Carlito's Way". Yes, the gangster fil starring Al Pacino. And I'm not the only one, I saw it last time with a friend and he started looking desperately for handkerchiefs while calling me all kind of names, because I was the one who had chosen the film. He's a very tough man, which added to the hilarity of the moment. Although he later admited to me that the ending of "Million Dollar Baby" had left him devastated.

Oh, and also the end of "Empire of the Sun". Seeing a young Christian Bale not being able to recognise his parents after everything he's gone trhough is just too much for me.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2012, 05:51:33 PM »

The end of Dirty Mary Crazy Larry.  $150,000 gone kablooie.. (sniff)

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2012, 02:10:22 AM »

The end of Dirty Mary Crazy Larry.  $150,000 gone kablooie.. (sniff)

TeddyR TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2012, 02:12:13 AM »

The ending of Local Hero with the telephone ringing in the call box and Mark Knopfler's Going Home playing on the soundtrack.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:12:55 AM by Trevor » Logged

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2012, 02:13:37 AM »

The ending of The Iron Giant had some tears coming out. The Robot is the hero and dies a noble death.

yeah no.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2012, 02:15:03 AM »

The ending of The Winners (South Africa: 1972) where the physically and emotionally exhausted Will Maddox is urged across the line by everyone in the stadium, all set to Frank Sinatra's My Way. Yowza.....  Bluesad Bluesad

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »

Oddly enough, the ending of Manhunter where Will Graham is reunited with his wife and child and the song Heartbeat plays on the soundtrack gets me every time. They've been through hell and survived and you think that Will had killed himself by the riverside, then: all is well.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »

Not an ending, but the sequence in the original GODZILLA showing the devastation of Tokyo, with the children's choir over it.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2012, 05:46:21 PM »

Rewatched Warrior today, and wow this is one sentimental film! Despite being on the surface about fighting this is a film about family relationships and what happens when they are severed. There are at least 3 or 4 parts that get me teary but by the end its full on waterworks folks!

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2012, 05:06:48 AM »

I've cried during movies, but not at the end.
However, I did cry at the end of the Futurama episode "Jurassic Bark."

Oh yeah, that's a great one.

a lot of people I know have cried at the end of "Jurassic Bark."

Yeah, that's pretty much the litmus test to determine whether someone has a soul or not.

I've never seen that episode so I googled it and yes, I would cry after seeing that ending.  Bluesad

I came pretty close myself. I read some behind the scenes stuff on that, originally it was supposed to be his mother instead of the dog, but it was agreed (and rightfully so) that it would have been beyond depressing. Apparently they still got a lot of hate mail from people who cried over it, to the point that it was later retconned via time travel.

I just made the mistake of looking for that on Youtube; now I'm blubbing so much that I can barely type.  Bluesad Bluesad

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uU7-X0iHes Small | Large

If I got the link wrong, blame me: I can barely see, let alone type.  Bluesad Bluesad

Pilgermann

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2012, 12:33:31 AM »

I've seen Chinatown 4 times and the final scenes get me so worked up.  Makes me sad and angry...god, I love that movie.  I teared up when I watched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind recently.  Hmm, what else...It's a Wonderful LifeAll Quiet on the Western Front, The Tree of Life (actually several minutes after the film had ended when I got in my car), The Land Before Time, um, I'm sure there are others.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2012, 06:23:05 AM »

The ending of Platoon with Charlie Sheen's voice over and the footage of him in the helicopter.  Bluesad

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Film endings that made you cry? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.