Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:36:47 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Film endings that made you cry? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Author Topic: Film endings that made you cry?  (Read 136466 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2012, 04:38:58 AM »

Another ending that got me going was the ending of Cool Runnings where the Jamaican bobsled team become the heroes of the Winter Olympics despite coming in last.

German competitor: "You done good Jamaica: we'll see you in four years, yah?"
Derice: "Yeah, mon!"  TeddyR

That is what the Olympics is all about.  Thumbup

Ah yes, the hard-won respect of the most skeptical rival. Can't remember if there was a slow clap involved. TeddyR

There was indeed: later becoming loud sustained applause: great ending.  It was also sad that CR was one of the late great John Candy's last movies.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
tahrgat
The Black Swordsman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2012, 03:43:27 AM »

Big Fish made me weep like somebody I loved had just died.

My current project: The Dead Are Watching
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 12:39:10 AM »

The ending of Billy Jack teared me up a little, with all the kids saluting Billy as the cops drove him off. It didn't help me at all seeing Barbara (I think it's her but I'm unsure) cry as well.  Bluesad

Strangely, the final moments of A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors made me bawl, especially Patricia Arquette hugging Heather Langenkamp, sobbing and saying "Don't die, I'll dream you into a beautiful dream..."  Bluesad

The South African film Ipi Tombi with its' heart tugging (for me anyway) final aerial shot of the glorious Victoria Falls in full flow, sun glinting on the water and a lovely rainbow in the sky made me blub for home. Add to that the choir singing over that shot and I was on the floor, sobbing.   Bluesad
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:28:53 AM by Trevor » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2012, 09:54:40 AM »

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie was kinda sad at the end.

Not necessarily a 'sad' cry, but more like, cries of cheers cause the heroes won, etc, and the playing of Van Halen's song "Dreams". 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 08:59:39 AM »

I don't know if I've mentioned this one but the last ten minutes of the TV movie To Heal A Nation based on the Jan Scruggs book absolutely wipe me out. From the time where a stone worker finds her brother's name on the panel that she's cleaning to the final scenes where veterans meet up at the Wall's opening: wow.....   Bluesad Bluesad

fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 01:00:49 PM »

Class Action-This Gene Hackman courtroom drama is not an amazing film but god did it make me cry multiple times. 
Causalities of War-Some ppl dislike the ending to this one but it worked for me. At the same time hopeful and depressing.
The Shawshank Redemption-Just a perfect ending to a perfect movie.
Terminator 2-Haha haven't seen this in a while but when I was younger I remember always getting teary at this finale.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2012, 01:14:44 PM »

THe ending of THE LAST SAMURAI, which was also the only movie I could stand Tom Cruise in.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 01:18:12 PM »

I got verclempt at STAR TREK !V: THE VOYAGE HOME, when Kirk gets busted back to Captain, and gets his ship back.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2012, 04:55:06 PM »

Rocky 2, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »

This here- the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974)
Ok...yer thinking-"quit joking,Ronny."
I aint joking.
I actually teared up seeing her in the back of the truck laughing like a maniac.
She gotta way. She got away.

Small | Large

Tina and me watched it-cuz she aint never seen it.
She was yelling "RUN! RUN!RUN!OH MY GOD HE'S SO CLOSE" through a good part of the film.
She was actually cheering when Maryilyn Burns found the truck drivers-(she wondered-which I always did-"Where did the semi driver go?"-I love watching horror films with greenhorns! Like logic comes first,or something!  Twirling) And at the end she teared up-made me tear up.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2012, 03:53:12 AM »

I got verclempt at STAR TREK !V: THE VOYAGE HOME, when Kirk gets busted back to Captain, and gets his ship back.

I cried in the scene where Kirk and company crash, release the whales and the whales save the earth and swim away. I really blubbed there and still do ~ despite a smile at Mr Nimoy breaking character and grinning like a loonie when he lands in the water.  TeddyR

The ending [My friends: we've come home] also got me good.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:24:59 AM by Trevor » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »

The end of SAVING PRIVATE RYAN always has me blubbering like a baby.  Especially when the older Ryan turns to his wife and says "Tell me I've been a good man."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2012, 08:51:06 AM »

The ending of Blade Runner has made my throat tighten up and my eyes sting.  It isn't so much the words themselves, which are awkward (although the originally scripted soliloquy is worse).  It's the sudden reversal of it all... the show of humanity in death, and in the delivery of it.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."  (time to die.)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2012, 08:54:31 AM »

I haven't seen that film in so many years.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »

I cried in the scene where Kirk and company crash, release the whales and they save the earth and swim away. I really blubbed there and still do ~ despite a smile at Mr Nimoy breaking character and grinning like a loonie when he lands in the water.  TeddyR

The ending [My friends: we've come home] also got me good.

Exactly- not just the characters, but the franchise came home.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Film endings that made you cry? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.