Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:28:42 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Jesse Eisenberg sues Liongate for False Advertisment on DVD Cover « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jesse Eisenberg sues Liongate for False Advertisment on DVD Cover  (Read 3570 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: December 01, 2011, 02:34:50 PM »

Kind of interesting news article I think.  I wonder how many other movie covers have pictures of celebrities on them where they barely even appeared in the fim?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/dec/01/jesse-eisenberg-sues-camp-hell

Cover for reference:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camp-Hell-DVD-Region-NTSC/dp/B0051O0NHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322740984&sr=8-1

I think what he is asking for is merely a cover.  He'll probably drop the suit as soon as Lionsgate agrees to remove him from top billing on the cover.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 03:35:21 PM »

I know I always hate it when the cover has some big picture of the actor on it and they only show up for a brief scene, or when the picture on the cover doesn't look anything like the actor does in the movie. 
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:31:27 PM »

If the reviews on Amazon are anything to go by, then putting Jesse Eisenberg on the cover was the only way they were gonna sell any copies of this thing...

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
ChaosTheory

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 01:00:36 PM »

When I saw that I figured it was a LEPRACHAUN situation, where they reissued it with Jennifer Aniston's face on the cover after she got famous. Never a good indication of a movie's quality......

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 10:43:16 AM »

Kind of reminds me of the copy of Trick Or Treat I have with Gene Simmons and Ozzy on the cover.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 01:39:12 PM »

I thought that was fairly common practice actually. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 01:55:50 PM »

Why does this instantly make me think of that Sifee picture that was advertised as "George Takei stars in..." when he only appeared in the first two minutes as an airline pilot and was immediately killed off. I don't even remember what the movie was! BounceGiggle

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Pilgermann

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 03:22:30 PM »

"Although Eisenberg appears onscreen for less than five minutes, the distributors of Camp Hell are now attempting to fraudulently deceive and mislead the public and reap millions of dollars by capitalising on Eisenberg's newfound fame," the suit reads.

BounceGiggle Lookingup

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 06:39:20 AM »

I have a copy of The LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS with Jack Nicholson posed with Audry on the cover...also a vhs of MR.SCARFACE (1976) -an Italian gangster movie that features Jack Palance on the cover-even though Jack has very little to do in the movie...and a s**tty movie it is.
And what does Eisenberg give a f**k if he's on the cover of HELL CAMP? Little dweeb should be honored that anyone thinks enuff of this smug shmuck to do so.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »

I have a copy of The LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS with Jack Nicholson posed with Audry on the cover...also a vhs of MR.SCARFACE (1976) -an Italian gangster movie that features Jack Palance on the cover-even though Jack has very little to do in the movie...and a s**tty movie it is.
And what does Eisenberg give a f**k if he's on the cover of HELL CAMP? Little dweeb should be honored that anyone thinks enuff of this smug shmuck to do so.

Well, I kind of agree with you. There's something about him that annoys me. I wouldn't call him talentless. He didn't annoy me in Zombieland. I just think he doesn't have much range and in five year, maybe less, nobody will care. In that sense, yes, I think he should be thrilled with any exposure.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Jesse Eisenberg sues Liongate for False Advertisment on DVD Cover « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.