Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:59:08 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Mark Wahlberg "I could have stopped 9/11" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mark Wahlberg "I could have stopped 9/11"  (Read 2644 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: January 18, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/18/mark-wahlberg-mens-journal-9-11-comments/

what an ego

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »

Yeah, it was a stupid thing to say...and?

For one, he made a stupid comment about things going differently if he had been on one of the planes that was hijacked, not that he could have stopped 9/11 as a whole.

It's not necessarily anything that some of us haven't heard any number of a$$holes proclaim when they are a little too comfortable with talking and thinking they could have handled things better.

Of course, Mark Walhberg is a celebrity and was in an interview where he should have been more aware and careful of what he was saying.

But, seriously, I wonder how much difference his remark makes it from some idiot sitting at a bar or in a poker game and making the same comment? Other than not being published in a national magazine (and really, Mens' Health magazine should have stepped on the comment or asked him if he would like to retract it rather than using the controversy to boost sales) and not being a celebrity, it's the same thing I'm certain several of us have heard from someone we know.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 11:27:47 PM »

Oh well we're all guilty of inordinately stupid or overwhelmingly insensitive at least once. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:47:46 AM »

Oh well we're all guilty of inordinately stupid or overwhelmingly insensitive at least once. 

It makes up about 50% of what comes outta my mouth!

Like now-Mark Wahlberg-he was a Backstreet Boy wasn't he? That shows he was a moron with no class to begin with.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:35:38 AM »

This from the guy who gave us this...
Small | Large

I doubt I'll take much of his thoughts seriously

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »

Yep. Needs to stop drinking and discussing.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 10:12:02 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s&ob=av3e

wait wait.....Wahlberg  was involved with that?

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »

Whenever I hear something like this reported it makes me glad I don't have people following me with tape recorders waiting to pounce on any offhand comment I make.

I'll give Wahlberg a pass this time since I don't think he has a record of saying stupid, offensive things.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 12:34:38 PM »

It makes up about 50% of what comes outta my mouth!
Like now-Mark Wahlberg-he was a Backstreet Boy wasn't he? That shows he was a moron with no class to begin with.
No... you're thinking of his brother DONNIE who was a NEW KID ON THE BLOCK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s&ob=av3e
wait wait.....Wahlberg  was involved with that?
Yeh... MARKY MARK...  I like that record...  Lookingup  
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:36:40 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »

A bit egotistical,perhaps....I guess a lot of folks have thought that they could have been the difference.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »

A bit egotistical,perhaps....I guess a lot of folks have thought that they could have been the difference.

Yeah, the sentiment isn't so odd, just not very bright to say it out loud. 
What is kinda odd is him making this claim 10 years after the fact.  He has a new movie that came out last week; makes me wonder if this isn't just a really clumsy bid for media attention.  Which, if so, I guess it worked b/c here we are....

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 04:49:52 PM »

Come on - you can totally picture him throwing a terrorist out of a plane in midair, then looking down as the terrorist falls and saying "say hello to your mother for me..."

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »

Yeah, the sentiment isn't so odd, just not very bright to say it out loud. 
What is kinda odd is him making this claim 10 years after the fact.  He has a new movie that came out last week; makes me wonder if this isn't just a really clumsy bid for media attention.  Which, if so, I guess it worked b/c here we are....
I hadn't thought of that but it makes sense.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 11:00:20 AM »

So he made an unfortunate comment. Some of the reactions here are just like the media wants. I'm always indifferent about things like this. That's the problem with the world and why paparazzi exist: not enough stoic indifference in the world. Who gives a s**t?

I've been a big Elvis Costello fan for a long time, so I'm familiar with his big fiasco in the late 70's. He was in a drunken argument at a bar with Stephen Stills and Bonnie Bramlett and referred to James Brown and Ray Charles as "n****rs." He was trying to come up with the most offensive thing he could muster in an effort to bring the conversation to a conclusion, being drunk and not thinking that Bramlett would take his comments to the press. In his press apology he said "it became necessary for me to outrage these people with about the most obnoxious and offensive remarks that I could muster."

A few black celebrities got mildly offended, but most thought little of it. Costello was so consumed with guilt and embarrassment over the incident that he declined to meet Ray Charles some time after, even though Charles had publicly forgiven him at the time, saying "drunken talk isn't meant to be printed in the paper," suggesting he was more offended by Bramlett taking the comments to the press than he was with Costello's comments.

Different times.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Mark Wahlberg "I could have stopped 9/11" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.