Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:44:20 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  1980s Alien Spaceship « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 1980s Alien Spaceship  (Read 33630 times)
myusername
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »

Good catch on finding that spaceship scene, thanks. Unfortunately, that's not it. A couple more details that might help : The ship was large enough to fill the upper portion of the tv screen and the ship was moving slowly, almost just drifting, from the left to the right side of the screen.

I'm also pretty sure there were street lights and some trees in the foreground and it was a suburban setting. I really wish they wouldn't roll the credits so fast so that I could at least get some more info.
godzilla1966
New Visitor

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 10:23:43 PM »

Just from reading your first post I believe it might be the movie Laserblast from 1978. Hope this helps.
myusername
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 02:03:26 PM »

Though a number of movies have alternate endings the only one I'm aware of for Laserblast takes place during the day and the ship isn't very big. Thanks though.

The ship I remember is huge.  I would say along the lines of the Destiny from Stargate Universe.
THOR
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 08:46:25 AM »

Tough one … in case it’s a European production, it could be 1981s “La Soupe aux Choux”, one of Louis de Funis final films, where the aliens carry off part of a French countryside hamlet. Again, I would love to post a youtube link to the soundtrack (which, like the film, was absolutely cool – can only recommend it), but the site won’t allow me.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 11:55:25 PM »

Trees and lights. Might be the space ship ending of INVADERS FROM MARS (86 version).
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 03:34:37 AM »

Possibly Strange Invaders?

Small | Large

I can't remember if the finale involved an actual spaceship, but it definitely had extraterrestrials in a suburban setting.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
myusername
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 02:10:29 PM »

Sorry I haven't replied in so long; I've been real busy and kind of gave up hope this one would be solved. Unfortunately, it's not any of the films mentioned and I did see all of them, except for the French one -which looks interesting.

I really do think it may have been an alternate ending that many haven't seen, otherwise the film buffs here probably would have identified it right away. Thanks for the responses though.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 09:35:11 AM »

The only thing I can think of is Target Earth from 1998

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 02:00:55 AM »

Not sure if the OP will be back but came across a possible solution: THE ALIENS ARE COMING (80) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080348/
heather
New Visitor

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »

could be" Escape from witch mountain" (the original movie)
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2021, 09:52:36 AM »

The final shot of the director's cut of NIGHT OF THE CREEPS matches the following criteria: underside of a flat(ish) UFO in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, in a suburban setting/small town, and after this shot the credits roll to some EXTREMELY cool music ("The Stroll" performed by The Diamonds). The major bit that doesn't match is that the UFO isn't leaving... it's hovering in the shot and beaming a searchlight or laser beam on to the ground. In the event that the original poster ever makes it back and sees this, please check out the Special Edition DVD or Blu-Ray of NOTC to see this (incredible) ending (or maybe it's on Youtube). It WAS the ending that played on TV in the late 80s and into the 90s, but for some foolish reason these awesome final 2-3 minutes were replaced with a truncated/abrupt jump scare ending on the early VHS versions (and maybe early DVDs as well). Well-worth checking out the uncut and complete finale, which is 1 billion times cooler!
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2021, 08:57:57 PM »

Could it be this vehicle from EVILS OF THE NIGHT(1985)?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2021, 08:36:16 AM »

Could it be this vehicle from EVILS OF THE NIGHT(1985)?

The person who asked was last active 9 years ago. I'll move this and some of the older ones to the little-used "Unsolved Archives" section.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  1980s Alien Spaceship « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.