Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:37:11 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Scientists Want Sugar Regulated As a Toxin « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Scientists Want Sugar Regulated As a Toxin  (Read 11993 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 03:46:51 AM »

You can have my Dr. Peppr when you pry it from my cold, dead hands . . . . Hatred

Exactly.

Garbage article. It's a popular way for bad reporters to trump up their articles by lumping scientists into one large group, as if all of them thought the same.

You've got two scientists here, chemists no less, ulthar and WildHoosier09, who are befuddled by the stupidity.

JAFMO is a new one on me anyway.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »

Garbage article. It's a popular way for bad reporters to trump up their articles by lumping scientists into one large group, as if all of them thought the same.

{cough} AGW {cough}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Cthulhu

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 05:18:47 PM »

f**k no. People won't rest until they f**k everything up for others.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »

f**k no. People won't rest until they f**k everything up for others.
I agree here....some people just seem bent on screwing up things simply for the hell of it.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 04:58:44 PM »

You can have my Dr. Peppr when you pry it from my cold, dead hands . . . . Hatred
I miss Dr Pepper....that diet stuff is awful! Bluesad

We'll try to let everybody down easy, but . . . ?

The last Dr. Pepper bottling plant that used pure cane sugar in its bottling process was in Dublin, Texas, and, as of, January, of this year, the plant ceased bottling Dr. Pepper. Thus, unlike Coke, Dr. Pepper is solely made out of high frutose corn syrup.

I say, thus, unlike Coke, because--supposedly--there are still bottling plants in Mexico that still use pure cane sugar in the bottling process.

I have never had a soft drink made with pure cane sugar, or, at least, I can never remember having a soft drink made with pure cane sugar, but people who have, swear by it. Saying it is much better than the same soft drink made with high frutose corn syrup.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 06:01:20 PM »

The last Dr. Pepper bottling plant that used pure cane sugar in its bottling process was in Dublin, Texas, and, as of, January, of this year, the plant ceased bottling Dr. Pepper. Thus, unlike Coke, Dr. Pepper is solely made out of high frutose corn syrup.

I say, thus, unlike Coke, because--supposedly--there are still bottling plants in Mexico that still use pure cane sugar in the bottling process.

I have never had a soft drink made with pure cane sugar, or, at least, I can never remember having a soft drink made with pure cane sugar, but people who have, swear by it. Saying it is much better than the same soft drink made with high frutose corn syrup.

I have had Coca-Cola with pure cane sugar, and it is delicious. I can taste the difference. There are those that would say I am full of s**t and there is no difference, and that's okay if they do, but to me it is fairly distinct. However, I've been told I have a good palate, so I may be more sensitive to taste nuances than the average bear.

I think the article posted is pretty ridiculous, but I am certainly skeptical of the claim that "sugar is sugar." The corn industry is spending a lot of money to convince us of that. The body does not treat all sugars the same, simply because different sugars break down differently. So for a major industry to suggest that all sugars are the same is suspect to say the very least.

There are a number of factors to contemplate regarding the rise in obesity in the U.S., several corollaries to consider. I'm not saying that high-fructose corn syrup is the reason for this rise, but it would be foolish to ignore the corollary between the rise in obesity and the predominance of high-fructose corn syrup as a sweetener. But it gets more complicated than just that. Not only has high fructose corn syrup become the dominant sweetener due to its lower cost and ease of transport, but that fact alone means that more things are getting sweetened than ever before. It continues to be used increasingly in items on fast food menus everywhere. So sugar use in general has gone up substantially. So, it could be that the corollary is the use of HFCS vs. cane sugar, or the rise in sugar use in general, or a bit of both. Nothing has been proven conclusively.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 09:21:45 PM »

a recent epiphany changes my view on this issue completely.....

I can grow sugar beets in my backyard. processing sugar isn't exactly particle physics, pretty easy to do in your kitchen. With a nice hefty black market markup I can roll in the money on this one.

dear govt. please ban sugar....
 Cheers

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
ulthar

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »

so I may be more sensitive to taste nuances than the average bear.

Bears probably should not be drinking Coca Cola anyway...it makes them cranky.

Yo Yo Yo YOGIIIIIIII

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 09:40:52 AM »

so I may be more sensitive to taste nuances than the average bear.

Bears probably should not be drinking Coca Cola anyway...it makes them cranky.

Yo Yo Yo YOGIIIIIIII

I challenge you to find some data on that, ulthar.

ulthar

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »

I challenge you to find some data on that, ulthar.

TeddyR BounceGiggle Cheers

This guy could have had a Coke, eh?

Small | Large

--Real Genius
Frank81
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 12:14:25 PM »

I can see their reasoning, but REALLY?!?!?

The story.

Let's  see, how  can I put this  politely.. I'll F$#K'N eat  anything I Damn please and  these  researchers and the Govt. hacks  can go  F#@%  themselves.  Hatred   TeddyR  The new establishment  that  was said to replace the old establishment is  aging baby boomer/Yippies  who now want to control everything from speech to what  goes into my body and  comes out the other  end. They are the most anal retentive  people in history.  I will watch my own health, I want nothing from them, health care, food, shelter, stay the F#$% away from me, before  me and millions of  others get fed up enough and come find you.
tracy

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 01:28:56 PM »

I loved the Dublin Dr Pepper.....the current stuff can ease the desires but the Dublin just plain tasted best.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 02:43:14 PM »

I loved the Dublin Dr Pepper.....the current stuff can ease the desires but the Dublin just plain tasted best.

I'm not the only one who can taste the difference. Thank you.

tracy

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 03:58:49 PM »

I am a Diabetic so I consume right at no sugar....just once in a long while I will treat myself. Now,many are saying that just about every sugar substitute is bad for you. WTF!?! I love my sweet things so it's becoming too confusing. Bluesad

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Scientists Want Sugar Regulated As a Toxin « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.