Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:57:50 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rate/Rank the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rate/Rank the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise.  (Read 5299 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 09:15:56 PM »

I think I'm just about the only person who actually likes the 2010 remake as much as I like the original.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 09:20:29 PM »

Yes. Yes you are. ^^

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 10:04:24 PM »

Thought Jackie Earle Haley was great as Freddy.

Was hoping there'd be a sequel.  Looks unlikely now.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 12:00:15 AM »

NOES - 9/10
Freddy's Revenge - 6/10
Dream Warriors - 6/10
Dream Master - 4/10
Dream Child - 4/10
Freddy's Dead - 1/10
New Nightmare - 5/10
Freddy vs Jason - 3/10 (now if it had been Freddy vs Jason vs Ash.....)
Remake - didn't see

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 09:01:38 AM »

Freddy vs Jason - 3/10 (now if it had been Freddy vs Jason vs Ash.....)

I see what you did there.

clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 08:05:51 PM »

"I said where's the f*#king bourbon?!" -Freddy, Dream Warriors

I'll rank them in preference order:

The Original: great atmosphere, tension, pacing, and best final girl. Freddy is creepy.
Freddy vs. Jason: great comic book style cross-over with a plethora of references. Good pacing, surprisingly decent plot, and tons of gore. And Jason so kicked his ass.
Dream Warriors: the comic-book Freddy vs. a group of misfits with powers.
A New Nightmare: Freddy's scary again! More Heather!
Freddy's Revenge: different take on Freddy -he was still creepy. Lots of symbolism.
Dream Master: a piece of s**t
Dream Child: a clone of a piece of s**t
Freddy's Dead: a piece of s**t with Rosanne Barr
Remake: this movie is so brown it makes s**t look rainbow

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 12:28:40 AM »

I personally would've preferred Freddy VS Michael.
Though I'd take Gremlins VS Critters over anything.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - 10/10
Freddy's Revenge - 2/10
Dream Warriors - 9/10
Dream Master -4/10
Dream Child - 6/10
Freddy's Dead - 9/10
New Nightmare - 7/10
Freddy vs. Jason - 7/10
Remake - 0/10 (More like -10 out off 10 ... I hated the remake with a passion)

The first one gets 10 out off 10 for me cause it was an old school 80's horror flick when I saw it as a 13 year old in 2001 and it had the potential to give me insomnia for nearly a year, because the film did not focus on blood and gore alone to scare the viewers, they used the reality off the personal inner demons off every person. Young or old. Who not only is the result off their parents sin, but he used their inner demons against these kids to really mess with them. Worse off all??? they are in a place their parents can not save them, there dreams, a plan off existence that has always provoked questions. It was even said in the movie "No one knows where they even come from" which was very true at the time. There for this bogey man in dreams is frightening. Cause at the time for all people knew you could very well wake up dead due to a killer killing you in your sleep. And you have to sleep at some point. This movie still freaked people out for other reasons. Freddy, was not your average silent creepy serial killer. He was egotistical and proud off his psychopathic ways. The fact he laughed at peoples pain freaked me out. Cause it proved how evil he was. He enjoyed it and was convinced he can do what he wants.

The first movie is hard to beat in terms off how scary it is to viewers. The wes craven intended to make it only one movie, but the fans wanted more. The other movies were not as scary. But I still love them cause they are entertaining, and interesting to watch. I did not like Freddys revenge. It's one off those sequals you love or hate. I hated it a lot, it just did not have the better charectors or themes. But I see what people mean that is had more scary elements, because freddy just turned into a joker and not as memancing after Dream warriors.

Dream Warriors I can relate to being in a Mental Asylum myself. It is not scary but I love how they brought Nancy back and this was Patricia arquette's first movie role. (She latter plays a Allison Dubois in Medium... Another person who is hunted by dreams) And Patricia arquette's charector also has a dream talent. The story itself was just entertaining if not scary.

As the next two movies were not as good but they filled in a lot off blanks untill Freddys dead. That movie really more funny than scary but I loved it. Coming back to the town and all the children and teenagers gone. Leaving a bunch off insane adults, thanks to Freddy. Freddy finally is defeated. By his long lost daughter. The fact the tittle is Freddys dead. means that he obviously was not meant to win or make viewers guess if he was going to win. So they made it funny and jokingly. Why not??

The new nightmare film... I hated at first. But when I saw it again. I loved it! they went back to their roots, with the question. How are you sure what is real??? It was very good in that respect. How they brought back so many memories from the previous movies.

Now as for the tragic REMAKE! My friend kept asking me questions about Nightmare on elm street. like "What was that room they kept talking about?" And why would the girl forget about what happened so easily??" I answered, and thought she got the originals mixed up. it was the remake... the remake made everyone in the cinema laugh. That famous death scene where the blonde girl is being slashed to bits levitating in the air in front off her boyfriend. They actually made it funny. As the movie went on the room was freddys hidding place... Not a boiler room. and they forgot about him sexually abusing them. How would you just forget them?? I thought my friend meant. How can they just forget nearly being killed in the dreams latter in other movies, I said "They did not, but they would have liked too" She did not get it... I HATE THE REMAKE!!!

Other the nightmare on elm streets movies are some off my favorite movies off all time. I LOVE THEM!! :)

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Francesco Dellamorte
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 12:02:16 AM »

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) 5/5
Freddy's Revenge 3/5
Dream Warriors 4/5
The Dream Master 3/5
Dream Child 1/5
Freddy's Dead 3/5
A New Nightmare 2/5
Freddy Vs. Jason 3/5
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) 2/5
CarlinBrock
Dedicated Viewer

"The gleam!"

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »

1. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Barely wins out over
2. New Nightmare, which takes the series into a seriously new and interesting place.
3. Freddy's Revenge is bad, but the gay aspect is so fascinating, and the atmosphere is really thick.
4. The Dream Warriors is silly. Way silly. But there are a few scares and it's well-done in general.
5. Freddy vs. Jason is mostly uninspired, but the actual battle is entertaining as shiz.
6. The Dream Master - Don't remember much, but I know it didn't suck as bad as
7. Freddy's Dead, which was just fun enough to be watchable. Also, Breckin Meyer is great.
8. The Dream Child. I just remember this one sucking. I should watch it again to make sure.

The Video Basement - Life Lessons from Bad Movies
tahrgat
The Black Swordsman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 01:20:46 AM »

1. Nightmare On Elm Street 8/10
The original, what can I say?

2. Freddy's Revenge 2/10
Meh, I have this thing about actually needing to like the protagonist.

3. Dream Warriors 8/10
Like in this film, I really liked the characters. Not that I'm a D&D nerd / reject or anything... Oh God... I am...

4. Dream Master 6/10
Just had to kill off the dream team, huh? Cool ending.

5. Dream Child ?/?
Never saw it.

6. Freddy's Dead 6/10
Aside from this movie breaking the rules and being almost a self parody I really enjoyed watching this movie. The effects were good, It was dark, bloody and funny at times. My type of flawed gem.

7. New Nightmare 4/10
I have never liked the whole movie in a movie thing. The only time that has ever worked for me was "In the Mouth of Madness" Understand that this is just my taste.

My current project: The Dead Are Watching
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rate/Rank the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.