Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:10:07 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Alpha Incident « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Alpha Incident  (Read 2577 times)
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 23, 2011, 02:07:51 PM »

Anyone else like this movie? Microorganism from Mars terrorizes workers in a railroad office ... featuring Buck Flowers and the very hot Carol Irene Newell.
One of those so bad it's good movies IMO ... from the late 70s.  I can see this being a perfect late night TV movie .. but I found mine for $1 at a flea market (double feature with Capture of Bigfoot).

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 02:24:57 PM »

I watched that, I think it's on a Mill Creek 50 pack.  I looked up what I had to say about it - I guess I wasn't very enthused   TeddyR

The Alpha Incident (1977) - I've been watching this for two nights now and it still doesn't seem to be anywhere close to being over.  Gawd it must be 8 hours long.  A small group of people are quarantined in a train station because they've been infected with some virus.  From Mars.  None for them show any symptoms (maybe a few more hours into the movie?) so it's basically them sitting around and arguing.  Sitting around and fretting.  Sitting around playing cards.  Then it's announced that they can't sleep or the virus will kill them.  So then they sit around and act really tired.  Occasionally they ask if any progress has been made in finding a cure - cut to people standing in a lab.  For the 10th time.  "Nope, nothing yet".  Uy yuy yuy.  1.5/5.

I'll try again tonight to make it to the end.  No promises though.

I think I did eventually finish it actually.   Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 02:29:33 PM »

Have to agree with Jack. It was a chore to sit through. The Alpha Cheese was dull  Bluesad
Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 11:41:14 AM »

It's a Bill Rebane movie, which pretty much sums it all up. The only movie he ever made that kept me awake was...wait for it...The Giant Spider Invasion.

The Alpha Incident has only one shining moment in its putrid toilet bowl of awfulness, and that is when Ralph Meeker's head pops and oozes like an infected zit on an emo kid's face.

If you dig this movie, check out some of Rebane's other WTF? movies like The Cold and Twister's Revenge (about an intelligent monster truck who should have been smart enough to avoid being in this movie).
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 12:46:28 PM »

Well maybe "so bad it's good" is an overstatement, but I do enjoy crap movies (isn't that why we're here?) ... If I found this on TV at 3 a.m. I know I'd watch it.
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 01:28:01 PM »

It's a Bill Rebane movie, which pretty much sums it all up. The only movie he ever made that kept me awake was...wait for it...The Giant Spider Invasion.

The Alpha Incident has only one shining moment in its putrid toilet bowl of awfulness, and that is when Ralph Meeker's head pops and oozes like an infected zit on an emo kid's face.

If you dig this movie, check out some of Rebane's other WTF? movies like The Cold and Twister's Revenge (about an intelligent monster truck who should have been smart enough to avoid being in this movie).

I actually watched Twister's Revenge. It was in one of those Mill Creek 50 packs. I think it was the Drive-In 50 pack. What's more, I liked it. So maybe I'll give Alpha Incident a try.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 04:32:40 PM »

I have both of these movies in 50-movie packs and have watched them both.  Actually, those 50 movie packs have several other Bill Rebane movies in them.

I actually watched Twister's Revenge. It was in one of those Mill Creek 50 packs. I think it was the Drive-In 50 pack. What's more, I liked it. So maybe I'll give Alpha Incident a try.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
hedgie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 08:52:52 PM »

Rebane movies are an acquired taste, and this is no exception.  This one especially is very dialogue heavy and slow.  But damn, there is something that is very uniquely bad about these movies that is hard to put my finger on that is just enjoyable.  In a sense they are kind of pretentious, and that is what makes it great.  I appreciate the effort that went into these films.  I haven't watched this in a couple years and I will have to revisit it.  Thumbup
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 12:50:29 PM »

Ah, the Rabane. A man who does for movies what Sominex and jack Danials do for long haul truckers.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »

I have three copies of this movie - you can't pick up a movie pack without getting this title as part of the deal. BounceGiggle As group survival movies go it's pretty slow, I don't even remember all that much of it, except for the guy in the hat being annoying (?) and bits of the ending. I recall enjoying it more than a lot of the other titles that were included but it's not something I'd recommend to those uninitiated with shlock cinema as it is slow-paced (four people in a cabin, if one of them ain't Ash you're in for a long ride).

I enjoyed Virus a little more (it's part of one of those 50-packs that came with Alpha Incident and I'd advise you not to do a movie search for it; you'll be digging through "Virus" all day) due to the larger group of people and a (somewhat) more epic disaster scope. And submarines. For whatever reason the submarines made it better.

They both have a similar wrap-up. If you've seen either you know what I mean but I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to check them out. And I'll agree that for a late night this isn't a bad selection.

You could certainly do worse! Cheers

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
CarlinBrock
Dedicated Viewer

"The gleam!"

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 12:18:47 AM »

Guys, The Alpha Incident is kind of amazing. The pure '70s wallpaper in that room they're in.. And the surprising subtleties in a few of the characterizations.. It's boring, sure, but there's something mesmerizing about it. It's so ugly and stupid that I can't help but love it.

The Video Basement - Life Lessons from Bad Movies
Pacman000
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »

I saw this, on one of Mill Creek's 50 packs (Nightmare Worlds, a very appropriate title TeddyR).

It's not the worst movie ever made; at least it had a plot and character development.  Don't ask me why the writer developed the characters into such unlikeable people; that was his choice, not mine.  If the characters had been a bit more likable, and if the movie had been released a few years earlier, it could have been a minor hit.  (By 1979 audiences were tired of movies with downer endings, but it would have worked in the early to mid 70's)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Alpha Incident « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.