Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:40:40 PM
714456 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movie Fight! Perfect Blue Vs. Black Swan « previous next »
Poll
Question: What Film Do You Think is Better?
Perfect Blue - 1 (20%)
Black Swan - 4 (80%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie Fight! Perfect Blue Vs. Black Swan  (Read 2509 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: February 16, 2012, 08:31:33 PM »

Okay, time for a fun topic!  Which movie do you think is better?  Perfect Blue or Black Swan?  Both films that deal with a rising star as they slowly descent into maddness and paranoia while getting into to their roles and dealing with people around themselves.  Both films are said to be similiar that way, so that's why I decided to make this topic.  I asking you guys, the big movie fans, what do you think?

Small | Large

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 05:13:24 AM »

Ill go with BLACK SWAN-as I'm just not a fan of anime.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Nakuyabi
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »

I'll go with Perfect Blue. I am into anime, and a nice two-way ending to boot.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »

I have to go with Black Swan here. I saw Perfect Blue  a while ago, so I had to wiki it to see how much I remember and how accurate  it was. I really can't tell you why with out going into some spoilers so...
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
In Perfect Blue the young actress' delusions are brought out due to someone elses direct action. Somebody was trying to make her crazy. In Black Swan the decent into madness is due to the dancers own drives to perfection. That made it a lot more interesting examination of the character. Thinking about what one can drive themselves too, as opposed to being put in that position.  Plus the more downer ending-which fit better for the story for me, means I think Black Swan is the better movie.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:39:12 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:26:05 PM »

Well, the only one I've seen was Black Swan, and I loved it.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 05:22:31 PM »

I have to go with Black Swan here. I saw Perfect Blue  a while ago, so I had to wiki it to see how much I remember and how accurate  it was. I really can't tell you why with out going into some spoilers so...
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
In Perfect Blue the young actress' delusions are brought out due to someone elses direct action. Somebody was trying to make her crazy. In Black Swan the decent into madness is due to the dancers own drives to perfection. That made it a lot more interesting examination of the character. Thinking about what one can drive themselves too, as opposed to being put in that position.  Plus the more downer ending-which fit better for the story for me, means I think Black Swan is the better movie.

I do like how you typed spoilers-that grabbed my attnntion!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Hammock Rider

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »

I have to go with Black Swan here. I saw Perfect Blue  a while ago, so I had to wiki it to see how much I remember and how accurate  it was. I really can't tell you why with out going into some spoilers so...
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I see what you're saying but I think her mother was really in the driver's seat.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
dean

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »

Both are pretty good but I have to go with perfect blue because I'm more likely to watch it again.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movie Fight! Perfect Blue Vs. Black Swan « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.