Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:24:33 AM
714399 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  how is the job market where everyone lives? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: how is the job market where everyone lives?  (Read 4631 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: March 12, 2012, 03:11:18 PM »

Right now there isn't a whole lot in my neck of the woods.

I'm looking at applying for maybe a part time position working in a warehouse for an adult mail shipping company, a counter clerk position at an adult video store in downtown, a contract per work thing for a company in Milwaukee and an on-line freelance writing position.

They're not all good fits for me due to one reason or another and I was wondering if anyone else is having difficulty as it pertains to finding employment.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:46:06 PM »

The job market in our little Texas town is terrible. I have been at the same convenience store for 6 1/2 years with not one bite for anything better. I make $7.50 an hour,have no benefits and no prospects of improvement. I can't afford to travel to Waco to look and,besides,most of the good jobs there are controled by Temp agencies. You actually have to know people to get on at Wal Mart! Yet I'm grateful....for my paycheck.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »

Pretty poor in Oregon.  Sorry.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »

I'm in south west Michigan...and it's terrible. If you have a job-keep it. Your lucky.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 05:31:10 PM »

England, specifically the north west......HORRIFIC!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »

Texas is overall pretty good in the larger cities and suburban areas, especially if you have marketable skills. Much tougher in the small towns.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Nakuyabi
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »

Small | Large
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 10:04:09 PM »

Really poor. Not much to find in these parts, most folks around here end up migrating out west (Alberta) for work.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
tracy

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 01:24:24 PM »

Texas is overall pretty good in the larger cities and suburban areas, especially if you have marketable skills. Much tougher in the small towns.
That's where Alan and I are.

Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »

I'm in west central Florida, and it's actually gotten a tad better here.  It's not great, most of the jobs are still low-paying, but there is work.  Housing and gas are ridiculously high though, but I'll bet that's true everywhere.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »

amazing that the DOW is above 13000. I'm working a job that could charitably be called "recessioney"
joejoe
If it's bad, I'll watch it
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 05:27:21 AM »

Around here, the biggest jobs is the Honda factory or working at Wally-Mart.
There are some small factories in the area, but you go through the temp service to get them.

actually, I've been hauling scrapmetal and tearing apart cars for awile now. Scrap price goes up, scrap price goes down, just like gas.

All in all, I can't complain.
(besides, who would listen)

when in doubt,  plan E.   EXPLOSIVES!!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 10:37:25 AM »

I live in Northern Massachusetts and work in Southern New Hampshire.  I would say the job market here is sluggish, but not impossible to find a job.  I've been with the same company for about 9 years, so I really haven't been actively reviewing the job market.  But my cousin just got a nursing job and within the last couple of days we received phone calls from companies where two of our former employees have been interviewing.  So, it seems like people are out there getting jobs.  It certainly doesn't seem as easy to find a job as it was 10 years ago, but not as tough as it was a couple years ago.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
tracy

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 12:45:32 PM »

I'm in west central Florida, and it's actually gotten a tad better here.  It's not great, most of the jobs are still low-paying, but there is work.  Housing and gas are ridiculously high though, but I'll bet that's true everywhere.
Our rent here is pretty high for such a little place....but then because of the lake we're considered a resort area so all prices are high.

spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 07:25:05 PM »

Here in Arizona, it's still pretty bad. I've been at it non-stop for 2 years with no results up until recently. I am now an overnight stocker at a Wal-Mart after taking the crap end of the stick with landscaping and fast food.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  how is the job market where everyone lives? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.