Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:00:26 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  100 Best TV Series That Only Had One Season on TV « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 100 Best TV Series That Only Had One Season on TV  (Read 28525 times)
Kevin Bachelder
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 05:12:45 PM »

Blade: The Series

Often overlooked because of the movies and the fact that it ran on Spike TV.  Well done.

Small | Large

Kevin

Fan of Science Fiction or Fantasy?
Then you might enjoy listening to these podcasts...

Saturday B Movie Reel (covering Syfy channel & other B movies)
http://www.saturdaybmoviereel.com

Tuning In To Scifi TV (covering all genre TV shows)
http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com
Kevin Bachelder
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 05:17:46 PM »

Charlie Jade

One of the most unique TV series you will ever see. 

A self contained story that plays out over 20 episodes.  It's part scifi and part mystery.  It expects you to pay very close attention to details.  Not a lot of action here. The score and the cinematography are both a big part of the experience.

Very, very few people have ever heard of this Canadian/South African co-production because it never aired in its entirety in the US and there was never a region 1 DVD release.  However,  it is now available to stream on Hulu and Netflix.

Small | Large

Kevin

Fan of Science Fiction or Fantasy?
Then you might enjoy listening to these podcasts...

Saturday B Movie Reel (covering Syfy channel & other B movies)
http://www.saturdaybmoviereel.com

Tuning In To Scifi TV (covering all genre TV shows)
http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 01:42:05 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_(TV_series)

This was an insanely good program, ran for only thirteen episodes in 2003, but most people have never even heard of it.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »

20) The Tick (2001-2002): This short-lived live-action version of the popular comic book hero who'd previously had a successful animated series - The Tick. This version starred Patrick Warburton, previously of Seinfeld fame, as The Tick, David Burke as Arthur, Nestor Carbonell as Batmanuel and Liz Vassey as Captain Liberty. Despite being a fun and funny show pretty close in vein to its comic and animated predecessors, this show unfortunately only lasted 9 episodes.

Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 09:29:41 PM »

21. Photon

Small | Large
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »

22) The Lone Gunmen (2001): Spin-off series from The X-Files featuring three recurring characters on the series that were part of a geeky conspiracy magazine, this show should have lasted much longer.

Small | Large

23) Harsh Realm (1999-2000): Another series from Chris Carter that proved too short-lived (mainly because it didn't get good ratings). It focused on the story of humans trapped in a most unpleasant virtual reality simulation.

Small | Large

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »

24-VR-5, a quirky FOX show that lasted one season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VR.5

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 07:28:24 PM »

25) The Silver Surfer (1998): I thought this cartoon was very well written and delved into areas rarely explored on Saturday morning kids cartoons especially involving moral and ethical dilemmas. Was very disappointed when it was cancelled after just one season. Several episodes of Season Two were actually scripted but the series was cancelled due to bankruptcy at Marvel so they were never made.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:32:48 PM by JaseSF » Logged

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 08:37:03 AM »

26) Space Rangers: Six episodes in 1993

In the year 2104 the Earth colony Fort Hope on the distant planet Avalon struggles to survive. The series concentrates on Captain John Boon and his team of Rangers: a small force of police/marines that are the first, last and only line of defense for the colonists against crime and interstellar perils.

Captain John Boon (Jeff Kaake) (All hero in the Flash Gordon mode)
Doc Kreuger (Jack McGee)
Jojo Thorsen (Marjorie Monaghan) (An Amazon/Valkyrie in red leather!)
Zylyn (Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa) (Had a cool 'samurai' thing going)
Daniel Kincaid (Danny Quinn)
Dr Mimmer (Clint Howard) (Quirky!)
Commander Chennault (Linda Hunt) (As only Linda Hunt could play a Commander: foreshadows her current role in NCIS)
Colonel Erich Weiss (Gottfried John)

Slingships (provided some cool fast transit and battle sequences) and Banshees (formidable spacefaring predators) are just two of the reasons this one was so much good plain fun.  It successfully walked a fine line between all-out realism and comic-book heroes. Left us wishing it had continued.  Bluesad

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:42:46 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 02:27:35 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: Tate was a summer replacement for Perry Como's variety show. Como's production company produced it and even had his sponsor, Kraft. It is a Western about a bounty hunter with a prosthetic arm. This is the only clip I could find of the show, although it turns up on most of the Mill Creek boxes. This is a famous episode where a guy hires Tate. It turns out he wants Tate to kill his brother-in-law, played by Robert Redford. I believe the guy also wants the sister killed as well. They wander into hostile territory where settlers homes are being burned by Apaches or Commanches or (judging from this clip) Vulcans.

Small | Large

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 07:52:58 PM »

Gotta give some love to THE YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES.
Great mash-up of history and swashbuckling!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 07:58:09 PM »

I have to throw some cheese in here. Give it up for Mr. Merlin.

And now for one of the most seriously WTF series that ever was:

Yeah, a musical police drama. Lasted 11 episodes. As strange as it was to see people in a cop drama suddenly break out into song and dance, I have to say it had decent production values and you gotta give it kudos for being one of the most ambitious shows in history.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 04:36:00 AM »

I have to give my vote to the seriously creepy BBC TV series The Omega Factor (1979) which lasted only one season but still managed to scare the #2 out of anyone that watched it. It should be mandatory viewing for any person that wants to be involved with the occult in any way: watch this series and you will never play with an Ouija board or anything like that.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 07:10:15 AM »

32) The Dresden Files (2007) was a lot of fun for twelve episodes.  A Chicago-based wizard as a private investigator.  Reasonably faithful to the books: it kept the story lines and general 'feel' intact.   Thumbup
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:33:45 AM by Newt » Logged

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 07:14:44 AM »

33) Wonderfalls (2004) was quirky, quick, clever, VERY funny and a lot of fun.  One of the best things on TV!  The trials and tribulations of Jaye: an under-achiever with oddball family and friends who has random inanimate objects talking to her, offering cryptic comments and advice that sets all sorts of hilarious action in motion.  Hard to describe, but will not disappoint!   Greatly missed: one season was not enough
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:34:53 AM by Newt » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  100 Best TV Series That Only Had One Season on TV « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.