Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:57:47 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Reporter undergoes ‘unnecessary’ transvaginal ultrasound toframe abortion debate « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Reporter undergoes ‘unnecessary’ transvaginal ultrasound toframe abortion debate  (Read 56660 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2012, 03:10:16 PM »

Talk about apples and oranges. So, you're not a moderate, you just go both way politically? Lookingup

Big difference. Moderate is right in the middle, not too much one way or the other. I like to base my opinions on what makes the most sense to me in each situation. That could put me on the "left," the "right" or anywhere in between. I don't care to be labelled anything, except maybe open-minded.

As far as there being no discussion if common ground is found, I think there would be discussion. Real discussion, rather than bickering. Or maybe finding common ground would be a worthwhile aim in itself. I don't know. I do know that both sides of this particular issue have managed to simultaneously oversimplify and complicate the hell out of it, which I didn't think was possible. But that's what happens when an issue seems to be black and white, but there are several completely different directions from which people approach it. The fight becomes less about the issue itself than it is about the various ways people view it, with everyone arguing that only one aspect really matters and all other concerns are irrelevant.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2012, 03:34:38 PM »

Talk about apples and oranges. So, you're not a moderate, you just go both way politically? Lookingup

Big difference. Moderate is right in the middle, not too much one way or the other. I like to base my opinions on what makes the most sense to me in each situation. That could put me on the "left," the "right" or anywhere in between. I don't care to be labelled anything, except maybe open-minded.

You can create definitions all you want, but aren't you a little old for playing "I'm different from everybody else because..."

I used to play the rationalization game when I was younger, and yes, we all still get caught up in it; I'm no exception.

But here's the thing I want to ask you about your argument: When the rest of us discuss an issue, and each of us seemingly takes a side, does that define us as to what side we will take in perpetuity?

Where there's debate, there's disagreement. And because I have an opinion that makes me wrong because I'm not open-minded...by your definition?

Just wondering, snookums. TongueOut

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »

Your life must have been exceptionally tough.
I LOVE my life.  I teach some really bright and motivated kids, I have two amazing daughters, and my wife and I are still pretty fond of each other after 27 years of marriage.  I'm sure heaven is better, but in the meantime, this isn't bad!

I hope lots of good stuff comes your way soon.

I had fun as a kid, but, realised later  all the F#@cked up things  done to my family by people  claiming to be  progressive and for order. I  know my late Mama was a beautiful, caring, honest, giving person and had a brutal painful ending at the hands of  our medical 'miracle' makers. I take care of my elderly Dad and contribute my time to childrens charities and work 3 jobs to survive. I'm not telling you this to praise myself, it's all cr@p in the end, I fear, and a waste. But, It's not childrens fault the adults are @$$#*les. My relatives  were slaughtered both paternally and maternally, both sides, but, this F#@k'n planet has done that to the majority of  humanity for thousands of years. I think it's  great people like you have had a better outcome and outlook in life. I even contemplated getting married, but, have pretty much abandoned the idea, even though, for some reason what friends I choose to speak to insist I'm this great guy who should get married and keep fixing me up with people. 

Good Stuff is not coming, this is an evil planet, with a mostly genocidal insane speices. The human race applauds murder and genocide, kills it's children and covers it up with politics,religion and  platitudes. It really deserves to be wiped out along with the whole planet and it'll probably do it. I'm glad I bought no one else into this hellhole,  there is a hell, this is it.  Thanks for the sentiment and hold onto your love, good vibes to you and your family, who knows, maybe, there is a small sliver of a chance things may get better  and I am proven wrong. But, not in my lifetime.

Bluesad Buggedout Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »

You can create definitions all you want, but aren't you a little old for playing "I'm different from everybody else because..."

I used to play the rationalization game when I was younger, and yes, we all still get caught up in it; I'm no exception.

But here's the thing I want to ask you about your argument: When the rest of us discuss an issue, and each of us seemingly takes a side, does that define us as to what side we will take in perpetuity?

Where there's debate, there's disagreement. And because I have an opinion that makes me wrong because I'm not open-minded...by your definition?

Just wondering, snookums. TongueOut

Funny, I would say when I was younger, I saw debates like this more as battles to be won. Now, I'm seeing a lot more value in discussion as a means of understanding an issue, and that being right is not the same as being the last man standing.

And yes, I actually do have an opinion on abortion, but since I will never need one, I should keep it to myself. Right? OK, maybe that's a bit facetious. Anyway, I'm finding the discussion of the discussion to be far more interesting, and more likely to lead somewhere.

As to whether taking a particular side in a discussion will dictate future opinions, of course it won't. But there are plenty of people who are very consistent in the sides they take, very dismissive or hostile toward other positions, and often seemingly a knee-jerk response. I don't advocate neutrality, or suggest taking sides is narrow-minded. Always taking the same side, regardless of circumstances and without much thought. That is narrow-minded. Refusing to see things from the other side's perspective is narrow-minded. You can take an opposing position and still find value in what the other person says. Otherwise, there really is no point.

And actually, I don't believe you are wrong about this issue. You are absolutely right... if this is just an issue of women's rights. Indy is right if it's just an issue of protecting children. But both are valid concerns, as are others. Hard for anybody to budge on their position when everyone is right according to their own priorities, and nobody is entirely wrong. So, it becomes a futile exercise of everyone preaching to the choir and making the same arguments over and over again.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2012, 08:34:46 AM »

So, it becomes a futile exercise of everyone preaching to the choir and making the same arguments over and over again.

This thread has become futile, and played out. Even I know that.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Frank81
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »

So, it becomes a futile exercise of everyone preaching to the choir and making the same arguments over and over again.

Flick, you surprise me, you didn't think the abortion debate would be  solved  on a  thread  on a badmovies message board? Wink  It will never  be solved  because their  is no solution like the majority of  human problems they fester, huge war eradicates  populace and/or disease, rinse/repeat.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2012, 12:57:16 AM »

Flick, you surprise me, you didn't think the abortion debate would be  solved  on a  thread  on a badmovies message board? Wink  It will never  be solved  because their  is no solution like the majority of  human problems they fester, huge war eradicates  populace and/or disease, rinse/repeat.
Your commentary is very often negative and disturbing.  Or violent.  And the word is "there" not "their".   Bluesad

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2012, 06:16:06 AM »

Personally, I believe with our founders that the first duty of government is to defend the lives, liberty, and property of its citizens.  That includes unborn life. 

Shouldn't the US get rid of the death penalty then.  Question

Im not very good at this baiting thing...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2012, 09:05:41 AM »

Wait, WHO festers problems?

Frank81
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »

Flick, you surprise me, you didn't think the abortion debate would be  solved  on a  thread  on a badmovies message board? Wink  It will never  be solved  because their  is no solution like the majority of  human problems they fester, huge war eradicates  populace and/or disease, rinse/repeat.
Your commentary is very often negative and disturbing.  Or violent.  And the word is "there" not "their".   Bluesad

Wlell, we live  in a disturbing world, btw, your spell check is annoying, but, thanks, THERE is  always one on these message boards, makes them feel superior.  I'm not an engish major, but, the 'Or Violent', doesn't sound like a complete sentence? Smile  I do apologize for not being more entertaining for  you, but, I am not violent, I point out violence and how it will beget more violence. But, I have never killed anyone, not that they didn't deserve it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:55:53 AM by Frank81 » Logged
Frank81
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »

Personally, I believe with our founders that the first duty of government is to defend the lives, liberty, and property of its citizens.  That includes unborn life. 

Shouldn't the US get rid of the death penalty then.  Question

Im not very good at this baiting thing...

unborn life is innocent as opposed  to some guy on death row.
Frank81
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »

Flick, you surprise me, you didn't think the abortion debate would be  solved  on a  thread  on a badmovies message board? Wink  It will never  be solved  because there  is no solution like the majority of  human problems they fester, huge war eradicates  populace and/or disease, rinse/repeat.

Human beings? 
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »

Flick, you surprise me, you didn't think the abortion debate would be  solved  on a  thread  on a badmovies message board? Wink  It will never  be solved  because there  is no solution like the majority of  human problems they fester, huge war eradicates  populace and/or disease, rinse/repeat.

Human beings? 

Snorkels/Oxygen. Lions and tigers and bears? Repeat steps 1 thru 3. Flat Foot Floogie with a floy floy.

Frank81
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2012, 12:09:04 PM »

Human beings? 

Snorkels/Oxygen. Lions and tigers and bears? Repeat steps 1 thru 3. Flat Foot Floogie with a floy floy.

Yes, it is rather senseless and pointless in the end.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2012, 12:50:43 PM »

Flick, you surprise me, you didn't think the abortion debate would be  solved  on a  thread  on a badmovies message board? Wink  It will never  be solved  because their  is no solution like the majority of  human problems they fester, huge war eradicates  populace and/or disease, rinse/repeat.
Your commentary is very often negative and disturbing.  Or violent.  And the word is "there" not "their".   Bluesad

Wlell, we live  in a disturbing world, btw, your spell check is annoying, but, thanks, THERE is  always one on these message boards, makes them feel superior.  I'm not an engish major, but, the 'Or Violent', doesn't sound like a complete sentence? Smile  I do apologize for not being more entertaining for  you, but, I am not violent, I point out violence and how it will beget more violence. But, I have never killed anyone, not that they didn't deserve it.
Well, you're certainly a little bundle of sunshine, aren't you? 

The world isn't a bad place.  You're just focused solely on the negative parts of it. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Reporter undergoes ‘unnecessary’ transvaginal ultrasound toframe abortion debate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.