Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:17:15 PM
714483 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Metamorphosis: The alien factor (1993) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Metamorphosis: The alien factor (1993)  (Read 1697 times)
cheecky-monkey
« on: November 21, 2004, 05:59:09 PM »

Great movie with excellent special effects, awesome monsters and one the best twisted ending ever. The acting was bad from the lead characters but it was lots of fun. Tons of gore and unexpected twists and some of the best stop-motion I've seen in a while. Highly recommended!
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 10:51:10 AM »

Ironically, I rented this last week.

I didn't reall think it was that great.  The one thing that struck at me was that it was another example of 'this would never have happened if a few main characters in authority had not acted like total idiots'.  The special effects were par for the course for a cheep production

It was a bit of fun, I'll admit ,but more in a 'oh, gimme a break' kinda way than a 'owww....coool' way.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 11:46:19 AM »

You're kidding... right? I thought that movie was just awful. Even for this site.

It's sad really because I wanted to like it but it kills brain cells. ; )
cheecky-monkey
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 04:57:51 PM »

Go here:
http://www.vincentguastiniproductions.com/metamorph.html

read the article and maybe you'll change your mind when you see how much work went into the film and the conditions it was made under.

Sure the acting sucked and it was cheesy as hell but the creature effects were awesome (Back in the days before crappy CGI!) Why didn't you like it?
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 09:29:38 PM »

Why didn't you like it?

Well, the acting sucked, as you mentioned...it was cheesy...as you mentioned.  The story setup was pretty stupid, as I mentioned :)  Also, the effects were not really that great.  They were okay for a really-low-budget movie.  Decent enough to suspend disbelief and just go along for the ride, bit nothing outstanding, either.

Dont get me wrong...it's not  that I "didn't like it".  It was an hour and half of mindless silliness that I didn't mind watching.  However, being willing to watch without disliking it and calling it 'great' are far different.

read the article and maybe you'll change your mind when you see how much work went into the film and the conditions it was made under.

All movies are hard to make.

"Forever Evil" is not a great movie, but the story of it's construction is pretty interesting

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 11:37:21 PM »

Mr. Freep has a good point you know. ALL films are hard to make so I don't fall for that "look at all the hard work we did before you rate the film, crap."

That would just be an insult to every film maker out there that has busted their ass to be where they are today.
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 06:27:41 PM »

OK, I realize I'm responding to messages that are like 8 years old now, but I love this movie. The crummy/creepy music, bad acting, hilarious monster (the one on stilts) and not bad effects ... all this from a guy who loved what he was doing and basically made the movie in his back yard. I don't know ... I just love bad stuff like this ... Giant Gila Monster, Attack of the Crab Monsters ... stuff like that.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Metamorphosis: The alien factor (1993) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.