Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:54:25 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  JOHNATHAN FRID died????? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JOHNATHAN FRID died?????  (Read 10326 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 19, 2012, 05:38:45 AM »

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a377320/dark-shadows-barnabas-collins-actor-jonathan-frid-dies-aged-87.html

What? HUH????  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:14:43 AM »

Mr. Frid provided me with countless hours of wonderful entertainment in Dark Shadows.  If he's gone, RIP.  He will be sorely missed.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:27:25 AM »

Wow!  I hadn't heard about this.  I used to run home from school every day in first grade so I wouldn't miss DARK SHADOWS, and I cried like a baby when the series was cancelled.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 08:32:55 AM »

Good night JOHN.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Frank81
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »

Sad, I was with him in Oct 2011, thanked him for  his work  on Dark  Shadows and how I looked  foward  to  seeing him in the movie. R.I.P. Mr. Frid. Bluesad
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 04:34:07 PM »

We are finally frid of him . . .

(Sorry, I couldn't resist).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Frank81
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 11:05:03 PM »

I got this tonight in my e-mail. I have a renewed respect  for Mr. Frid, I too will have no funeral or memorial service for myself enough of the human circus. R.I.P. Mr. Frid.

THE PASSING OF JONATHAN FRID

I deeply saddened to inform you of the death of JONATHAN FRID earlier this month, at age 87.

He was the iconic actor who portrayed the sympathetic vampire "Barnabas Collins" (and the Parallel Time character "Bramwell Collins") on the original daytime series "Dark Shadows" 1967-71.

Internet messages began last night about his passing. These were brief and had inaccurate information about the date of his passing.

Following is a message to Jonathan's DS colleagues, fans, and others who knew him.

"In Memoriam - Jonathan Frid
"December 2, 1924 - April 13, 2012

"Donald Frid, Jonathan's nephew, who assisted Jonathan at many of the recent Festivals, has informed us that Jonathan passed away at the age of 87 on April 13, 2012, in Hamilton, Ontario.

"His health had been declining in recent weeks and he died peacefully in his sleep in a local hospital.

"At Jonathan's request, there was no funeral and there will be no memorial service.

"Donations in the memory of Jonathan Frid may be made to Hillfield-Strathallen College, the school where he got his first taste of acting.

http://www.hsc.on.ca/advancing-hsc/tribute-program.html

"Or a charity of your choice.

"Donald and the other members of the Frid family are grateful for all the support and appreciation Jonathan received from the Dark Shadows community over these many years."

At a gathering of family and friends on April 18, the family remarked on John's passing on Friday, April the 13th, and the fact that they were remembering him on April 18, the 45th anniversary of the broadcast of his first appearance at the door of Collinwood.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »

I'm so glad he got to be in the new movie....and he'll always be the real Barnabas for me.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Frank81
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »

I'm so glad he got to be in the new movie....and he'll always be the real Barnabas for me.

Frid is the one and only Barnabas Collins.  Smile

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 12:46:09 PM »

Frid is the one and only Barnabas Collins.  Smile

Yup!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 06:58:27 AM »

I remember I almost got the chance to meet him at The Superman Covention in 88 in Cleveland but I was to late to see him. R.I.P. Mr. Frid. Bluesad
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:07:13 AM by Warp Ninja X » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  JOHNATHAN FRID died????? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.