Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:50:13 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Re: To Wyre Wizard « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Re: To Wyre Wizard  (Read 15425 times)
claws
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 12:17:59 AM »

His "reality flaw" game got old real quick, and I can understand people getting riled up about it.
Ignoring WW is the best one can do because as they say, don't feed the troll.
I prefer to think of it less as "feeding" and more "poking with a sharp stick."

Same difference, really. You guys think you are having fun with him but that's just a reality flaw on your behalf - he is the one still getting a kick out of it.
Ever tried to analyze a troll? It's their fetish because they follow a different drummer. It gives them pleasure mentally, and maybe physically.
While you are poking him with a sharp stick he might be slapping some serious ham. Think about it  Wink
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »

You guys think you are having fun with him but that's just a reality flaw on your behalf - he is the one still getting a kick out of it.

Too true.  Any attention is good attention.

Ah, and you guys just continue to feed it's ego. My suggestion is to do one of two things, either make fun of it (personally I think it's fun) or ignore it. Those are the only two options worth considering.

The most effective thing to do is to laugh from a distance: replies to its thread just 'feed' it.  You won't find me replying to its threads. I find its attempts to present logical and "scientific" explanations to be highly laughable: puerile to the point of being totally false.  BounceGiggle They are just as inaccurate and flawed as the 'reality flaws' it rails on about.  Either this is deliberately baiting response (and I hesitate to grant it that level of intelligence - sorry Menard!) or it really is either self-deluded or just plain DUMB.  Or both; I could go for both.   Wink
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:09:27 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 03:54:29 PM »

The most effective thing to do is to laugh from a distance: replies to its thread just 'feed' it.  You won't find me replying to its threads. I find its attempts to present logical and "scientific" explanations to be highly laughable: puerile to the point of being totally false.  BounceGiggle They are just as inaccurate and flawed as the 'reality flaws' it rails on about.  Either this is deliberately baiting response (and I hesitate to grant it that level of intelligence - sorry Menard!) or it really is either self-deluded or just plain DUMB.  Or both; I could go for both.   Wink

A variation on "hold your friends close, and your enemies closer" is to overestimate your enemy, not underestimate them; this way they will disappoint you in the end, not impress you. If your enemy ever impresses you, they win.

I did say that WyreDick is more intelligent that he appears...I didn't say he doesn't appear to be retarded. Wink

TongueOut

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »

I did say that WyreDick is more intelligent that he appears...I didn't say he doesn't appear to be retarded. Wink

TongueOut

Dude, you gotta turn your karma on just for a few minutes - I HAVE to plus that one (I dribbled my drink a bit)...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 08:31:50 PM »

you people are hilarious, just watching you bicker about Wyres**t being an a***ole is funny.
here's how I'm like:

yeah no.
voltron

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 08:45:22 PM »

The thing I don't like about WW is that he generally nitpicks about mainstream movies and he seems to forget that this is a BAD movie forum, not obvious mainstream horses**t that everyone else has seen. There's a thing called "suspension of disbelief" and I don't think WW has an ounce of it.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »

you people are hilarious, just watching you bicker about Wyres**t being an a***ole is funny.
here's how I'm like:

Bald, bright yellow, and have a horrible overbite?
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 09:08:33 PM »

here's how I'm like:

Wow...that makes me think so much of WyreDick and how much he finds entertainment in sitting back and watching the rest of us bicker at him.

Frankly I'm not too different in that regard, nor are a lot of us.

We come here for the basic reason of entertainment. Some like to sit back and watch the bickering, some like to be involved in the bickering. That's not a description of everyone obviously, but at the very core of diversion is a desire to find entertainment, and at that very core level we're not that different, including WyreDick with the rest of us.

TongueOut

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 09:13:50 PM »

This is 'bickering'?   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 09:18:53 PM »

This is 'bickering'?   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Doesn't bickering usually involve disagreement? I don't think anybody has disagreed that WyreDick is an a$$hole. TeddyR

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 03:48:49 AM »

The thing I don't like about WW is that he generally nitpicks about mainstream movies and he seems to forget that this is a BAD movie forum, not obvious mainstream horses**t that everyone else has seen. There's a thing called "suspension of disbelief" and I don't think WW has an ounce of it.

I agree 100%.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 08:11:27 AM »

Pure Hatred and Contempt.  You gotta love them.  Its seems I have been called every insult in the human language in this forum, LOL!!!

I have stated my opinions (most of which are fact) about things in a lot of mainstream films which are both ridiculous and unrealistic.  You guys just like to flame me with a 100 megatons of napalm.  Some of you keep shoving that "suspension of disbelief" crap on me.  That to me is more like "Suspension of the acknowledgement of the rules of reality, human behavior and other things found in real life."  Others push artistic license on me.  Now I've told you what insane things the movie industry has driven people do to.

I admit that I have never directly attacked anyone on these boards (unlike Menard here.)  I only attack people who throw the first punch.  I often like to have a good debate and a lot of you on this board are good at that, some so good they would win the hot seat in the White House.

Some things I have seen in movies are questionable, not because if they are real or not but because if they ever will be possible.

Now one thing I don't understand is why those of you who like to attack me, why don't you just ignore my posts?  Did I ever hold a gun to your head, tell you to read my post then flame me afterwards?  No, you did that of your own freewill and that freaking irritates me.  That tells me you get sadistic pleasure from doing so.

That's my only conclusion...unless you can prove otherwise which I highly doubt.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 08:38:48 AM »

That's my only conclusion...unless you can prove otherwise which I highly doubt.

I personally don't have a problem with you, but I think statements like that and the way it which you start your posts seem to be quite "provocative" and light a fuse with a select few people. Anyway, always best not to rise to any bait - Ignorance is bliss as they say...

Pacman000
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 09:50:41 AM »

Pure Hatred and Contempt.  You gotta love them.  Its seems I have been called every insult in the human language in this forum, LOL!!!

I have stated my opinions (most of which are fact) about things in a lot of mainstream films which are both ridiculous and unrealistic.  You guys just like to flame me with a 100 megatons of napalm.  Some of you keep shoving that "suspension of disbelief" crap on me.  That to me is more like "Suspension of the acknowledgement of the rules of reality, human behavior and other things found in real life."  Others push artistic license on me.  Now I've told you what insane things the movie industry has driven people do to.

I admit that I have never directly attacked anyone on these boards (unlike Menard here.)  I only attack people who throw the first punch.  I often like to have a good debate and a lot of you on this board are good at that, some so good they would win the hot seat in the White House.

Some things I have seen in movies are questionable, not because if they are real or not but because if they ever will be possible.

Now one thing I don't understand is why those of you who like to attack me, why don't you just ignore my posts?  Did I ever hold a gun to your head, tell you to read my post then flame me afterwards?  No, you did that of your own freewill and that freaking irritates me.  That tells me you get sadistic pleasure from doing so.

Instead of just complaining about unrealistic movies, why not recommend films you like?
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 01:51:21 PM »

And when you make accusations, princess, you'd best be prepared to back them up.

There are only three things you are good at:

1) Instigating and provoking
2) Lying
3) Being a coward

You proved being a coward several years ago when I gave you a public ass whipping on this forum, and it took months and months before you would dare show your ugly fvcking mug on here.

Would you like a repeat performance?

I wouldn't mind.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Re: To Wyre Wizard « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.