Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:22:11 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you bet no one here has seen « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
Author Topic: Movies you bet no one here has seen  (Read 130675 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »

I bet no one here has seen Mr. Vampire 2.  It's a vastly inferior sequel to the very entertaining hopping vampire Lam Ching-Ying period flick, moved to modern day and almost unrelated.  I gather the third one is much better, Vampire VS Vampire is also better.
Venomx73
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2012, 09:18:43 PM »

How about Daggers 8 (1980) It's somewhat of a rare Kung Fu movie.

Small | Large
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2012, 11:54:11 PM »

Seen 'em both, too!

I agree with Rev, I liked DAZED AND CONFUSED better. While good, A MIGHTY WIND is my least favorite of the ol' SPINAL TAP gang of mockumentaries.

Here's one they did after A MIGHTY WIND, which was more of a straight comedy rather than a mockumentary:

It's OK and has a great performance by Catharine O'Hare, but overall its pretty forgettable. Anybody else seen it?

I've seen For Your Consideration, I even reviewed it recently in the "Recent Viewings" thread. That reminds me, I somehow doubt many have seen the TV Movie The Fatal Image starring Justine Bateman.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2012, 08:15:30 AM »

GOODBYE, MY LADY (1956)  It's on TCM right now... I watched this about a year or so ago; one of those quiet small movies with little action that perplexes merely by the fact it got made.  It stars BRANDON DeWILDE, WALTER BRENNAN, PHIL HARRIS and SIDNEY POITIER

I always though this was a Lassie movie.

Guess not, unless DeWilde was a giant!
No, it's I guess a "coming of age" story.  It has a nice soundtrack and is an unusual and touching film. 
Nobody's seen it? 

Anybody see MULTIPLE SIDOSIS (1970)?   Now you can:
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2012, 01:28:19 AM »

I saw Goodbye My Lady on TCM that movie was like Old Yeller in a way except with a much happier ending.
Nakuyabi
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2012, 03:49:40 AM »

Melody (1971) is probably one of the most popular films I've known that nobody I know seems to have seen. You may have seen it if you're in Europe or certain parts of Asia or South America where it's staggeringly popular, but chances are if you're here in North America, you've never even heard of it. It had Mark Lester and Jack Wild from Oliver! and a couple of other mildly famous actors and some famous music from the Bee Gees and Crosby Stills & Nash, yet it never really had a proper export to America and so it languishes in obscurity here. My own copy is a Region 2 DVD from the UK. Anybody else here ever seen Melody?
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2012, 06:27:15 PM »

Melody (1971) is probably one of the most popular films I've known that nobody I know seems to have seen. You may have seen it if you're in Europe or certain parts of Asia or South America where it's staggeringly popular, but chances are if you're here in North America, you've never even heard of it. It had Mark Lester and Jack Wild from Oliver! and a couple of other mildly famous actors and some famous music from the Bee Gees and Crosby Stills & Nash, yet it never really had a proper export to America and so it languishes in obscurity here. My own copy is a Region 2 DVD from the UK. Anybody else here ever seen Melody?

I have. At least twice on television. Wild and Lester. Ever since their appearance in "Oliver," how can I pass up a show or film with either one in it, and here they both appear in the same film once more. Double the pleasure. Double the fun. And while most of the songs in the film were by the Bee Gees, my favorite song from the film, and one of my favorite songs of all time is "Teach Your Children" by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.
Javakoala
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2012, 01:12:18 PM »

This is one of my all-time favorite movies. I saw it on cable back when they showed movie after movie to fill their broadcast hours (I wish they'd go back to that. I freaking HATE "Everyone Loves Raymond"!!), and I instantly fell in love with it. How could you not? Two cute kids who decide they want to be married and their friend rally to help them accomplish the task. I've loaned it to a couple of people who complained, "I couldn't get through the first 10 minutes." Gee, I guess people relating to each other is too much work to watch. Just go back to your high concept Hollywood trash, but don't tell me I have no taste.

Okay, rant over.

I have never found anyone who had even heard of this film. And here it is, mentioned in my favorite forum. This is why all you folks are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2012, 01:52:56 PM »

This, I would say....

Small | Large

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/brutal_massacre_a_comedy/

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2012, 05:49:32 PM »

Smile Orange is a comedy by the director of the Harder They Come. I would recommend it. It's not amazing but it's entertaining. The hook of it is the view of the jamaicans to the tourism industry.  People who , having paid for unlimited food, eat too much. native jamaican lifeguards who can't swim, women trying to make time with the guys it's funny.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:06:15 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
The Fake Macoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »

Has anyone seen Russian Terminator (1989) (aka Russian Ninja)?

It has the classic lines:
Guy 1:  What are we going to do now?
Guy 2:  Let's go kick some asses.

Another one many people may not have seen is Tokyo Zombie (2005)
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2012, 06:12:42 PM »

I've seen (and own) KING OF THE ZOMBIES, WHITE PONGO and both NIGHTBEAST and THE ALIEN FACTOR. 

I'd be very surprised if anybody here has seen THE MAIZE (released to DVD as DARK HARVEST 2: THE MAIZE)

Filmed in my own hometown, directed by and starring the father of a girl I went to high school with.  It's essentially two hours of him wandering around a corn field yelling "Girls! Girls? Girls!" like a confused Motley Crue fan.  It's terrible, and the director was arrested for tax evasion not long after. 

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2012, 06:55:31 PM »

^^ Haven't seen that one but for some ungodly reason I own Dark Harvest 3, aka Skarecrow.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2012, 09:48:01 PM »

This one is part Moives you bet no one here has seen and What was that film because its been ages since I've seen this particular film itself so I might not be getting all the details right. But it was (I believe) a made-for-tv movie called The Minion and it aired on the USA channel sometime in the late 80's/early 90's. 

It was about a man who came into possession of a weird demon/baby/puppet creature that he had to keep in a bird cage.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2012, 02:11:14 PM »

Are you meaning The Gate 2:  Trespassers (1990) or are you meaning The Darkling (2000) ?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you bet no one here has seen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.