Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:50:13 AM
714547 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A horrible way to start a Monday . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A horrible way to start a Monday . . .  (Read 5440 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: May 21, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »

I had just got to work (I don't have my cell phone; I lost it yesterday) and one of our coaches met me in the parking lot - my wife had called - while leaving for work, she had backed her car over our old black lab, Dixie, and was pretty hysterical - the dog was pinned under the car and she did not know how to get her out without hurting her further! I left my kids at school (didn't tell them at the time) and ran back home. By then she'd jacked the car up and gotten the dog out. Her hips were crushed and it was obvious she wasn't going to make it - Patty wanted to take her to the vet, but every time we tried to move or lift her she would start thrashing and snapping (Dixie is a FAT, big dog), and it was just more than we could do to lift her into the back of my car. Finally I had to let my wife go into the house while I got a firearm and did the only thing I could do at that point. I made it as quick and clean as I coud, then we dug a grave and buried her. I haven't wept that much over a pet since I was 14 years old and my dog Zorro got run over in front of me. Then I got to go to school and tell my girls.

Dixie came wandering up to a small church I was pastoring about six years ago - she had a collar, but no one showed up to claim her in two weeks, so we took her home and she became family. She was, according to our vet, seven to ten years old when we got her. She loved digging holes, sleeping in the sun, and eating pears as they fell from our tree. Oh, Dixie girl, we hardly knew ye . . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 10:26:23 PM »

I imagine right now the one who most needs a shoulder and comforting is your wife. There are things that happen which cannot be undone, or is it anybody's fault; yet when it happens to us we obsess about those very things.

Guilt will tear somebody up inside; and even beyond what some may think guilt is, it is amazing what we can do to ourselves on an unconscious level carrying something with us.

Unfortunately you can't make guilt go away for someone, only they can do that, but you can help them to carry the burden; you know that. Smile

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:32:06 PM »

Awwww man, that sucks....

My sympathies, dude. It's never easy losing a pet, especially when it's something sudden like this.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 10:38:20 PM »

I imagine right now the one who most needs a shoulder and comforting is your wife. There are things that happen which cannot be undone, or is it anybody's fault; yet when it happens to us we obsess about those very things.

Guilt will tear somebody up inside; and even beyond what some may think guilt is, it is amazing what we can do to ourselves on an unconscious level carrying something with us.

Unfortunately you can't make guilt go away for someone, only they can do that, but you can help them to carry the burden; you know that. Smile

You know, Menard, if I didn't know better,  I would say you had a sensitive side!
I brought her some candy after work today, and we took a moonlit walk tonight.  It was just a bad day all around.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »

Sorry to hear that.  I love that sweet bunny. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 06:29:01 AM »

Ah man, that's terrible.  So sorry to hear that Indy.  I'm sure she had 6 of the best and most loving years of her life with you.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 08:35:02 AM »

Oh, man...
I can feel for you. You're not alone in this, compadre.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 12:43:13 PM »

Oh,Indy....my heart aches for you and your wife. It's always tough to lose a furry family member but those circumstances are very sad.  Bluesad

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »

As much as possible, rejoice that she was there.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »

hi
When Dixie was lost and confused your family helped her,You made a very wise and heartbreaking choice to ease her suffering. When you share a specal relationship wih a pet, it always brings such unique rewards.You and your family will look back on six years of joy and fun you shared with Dixie,nothing can replace these thoughts and nothing will erase them.My love to your family and may your memories of Dixe help you through your loss.

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 05:10:13 PM »

You guys are amazing. Thanks!

Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »

I feel so bad for you, Indy,  and your wife.  How heartbreaking.  Bluesad
You did the best thing you could have done for Dixie under the circumstances.  Just remember ... by keeping Dixie in your heart, she will always be with you.

Hold onto your dreams ....
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »

Bluesad So sorry to hear about this loss for your family. A pretty traumatic thing no doubt.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
dean

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 08:00:45 PM »

That's just terrible, so sorry. 

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 09:38:44 PM »

I had actually collected myself and was about to start teaching my 8th graders when one of my daughters brought me this picture she had drawn.  I bawled in front of my whole class . . .

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A horrible way to start a Monday . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.