Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:51:42 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Where do you live? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Where do you live?  (Read 14237 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 01:10:11 PM »

Whitney,Texas....a small resort town in the central part of the state. In the summer we have many visitors here for our beautiful lake:

And in the winter we get bunches of "snowbirds" from the northern states like Minnesota and Michigan who stay here to avoid the cold at home. It's a pretty small place,pop. around 2000,and we only recently got a McDonalds which really caused a stir. TeddyR
There's a number of Army corps of engineer parks around the lake and our State Park:

In fact the lake is our biggest attraction. Otherwise we're just a sleepy little Texas town.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:19:26 PM by tracy » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 01:29:36 PM »

Whitney,Texas....a small resort town in the central part of the state. In the summer we have many visitors here for our beautiful lake:
How has the lake survived the drought?  Whenever it rains here in NJ for at least a year I always think of TX... and have often wished they'd had gotten the rain instead of us.  Lately, we were heading towards drought, but we've had a lot of rain in the last few weeks. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »

And in the winter we get bunches of "snowbirds" from the northern states like Minnesota and Michigan who stay here to avoid the cold at home. It's a pretty small place,pop. around 2000,and we only recently got a McDonalds which really caused a stir. TeddyR
There's a number of Army corps of engineer parks around the lake and our State Park:

In fact the lake is our biggest attraction. Otherwise we're just a sleepy little Texas town.

I live here too...and I'm constantly yelling at the town, "WAKE UP!"

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:41:37 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
tracy

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »

How has the lake survived the drought?  Whenever it rains here in NJ for at least a year I always think of TX... and have often wished they'd had gotten the rain instead of us.  Lately, we were heading towards drought, but we've had a lot of rain in the last few weeks.  

Last year we almost didn't.....the lake was almost 15 feet below normal,the safe swimming areas were gone and fishing was lousy. The town barely survived and I still wonder how we did. Luckily over the winter we had a lot of rain and so it's up to normal and beautiful again. Business was past depressing....the convenience store I work at is close to the lake so our business dried up right along with the lake. If it wasn't such a deep one the whole thing might have disappeared. That's a hazard of being in a resort town....we really depend on tourism for our summer profits.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 05:07:37 PM »

that looks awesome
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »

Wow, all these places look so cool.  Thumbup

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Raffine

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »

Know for its historical beauty, its many lovely parks and squares, Paula Deen, and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

The park bench scenes from FORREST GUMP were filmed here, as was the upcoming Asylum Picture's release ABRAHAM LINCOLN VS THE ZOMBIES (not to be likely confused with ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER). The 70's killer worms classic SQUIRM was filmed just outside of town in Port Wentworth; as I've mentioned before the drug store where the Yankee found a worm in his egg cream unfortunately is gone with the wind.  Bluesad

Best of all: it's "officially" America's Most Haunted City, has several creepy cemeteries, and is one of Linda Blair's Scariest Places on Earth.

Small | Large

There's also this little art gallery with the fabulous name:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:43:54 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 09:26:38 AM »

I live in a small community called Glen Rose about 10 miles from my hometown of Malvern Arkansas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malvern,_Arkansas

I did got to Jr high and High School with  Billy Bob Thornton.   Frank Bonner (his real name is Boers)  knew two of my older brothers, one of which got a big surprise when
watching Equinox at the local drive in.  Jerry Van Dyke married a Malvern  lady back in the late 70's He owned several businesses including a movie theater in another nearby town called Benton

My family has been in Malvern for 142years. My great grand father Homesteaded there in 1870.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
tracy

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 12:26:10 PM »

I live in a small community called Glen Rose about 10 miles from my hometown of Malvern Arkansas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malvern,_Arkansas

I did got to Jr high and High School with  Billy Bob Thornton.   Frank Bonner (his real name is Boers)  knew two of my older brothers, one of which got a big surprise when
watching Equinox at the local drive in.  Jerry Van Dyke married a Malvern  lady back in the late 70's He owned several businesses including a movie theater in another nearby town called Benton

My family has been in Malvern for 142years. My great grand father Homesteaded there in 1870.

We have a pretty little town also called Glen Rose here in Texas. Home of one of the state's prettiest:

courthouses.

A wealth of authentic dinosaur tracks at Dinosaur Valley State Park:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:31:25 PM by tracy » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »

Philadelphia, PA

Love Park in Philadelphia

Citizens Bank Park, South Philly.

The Zoo was the first in the country.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 07:10:28 AM »

Pretoria, South Africa.  TeddyR TeddyR

Not my home town though: I was born in what was then Rhodesia in a place whose name means 'place of the killing' in English.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 12:15:46 AM »

A sleepy little town in Nevada called Las Vegas Drink

Small | Large
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 07:42:25 AM »

the middle of no where, Wisconsin

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »

A sleepy little town in Nevada called Las Vegas Drink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1enywhs7vfk

I lived there from 1998-2008, still miss it sometimes.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 10:59:44 AM »

A 'small' city in the south called New Orleans

Lots of flavor and culture in one big city! Thumbup

yeah no.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Where do you live? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.