Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:58:55 PM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Fringe « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fringe  (Read 4673 times)
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 04, 2009, 09:18:17 PM »

I caught a few minutes of  "Fringe" last night and it looked interesting.  Can anyone vouch for it?
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:03:35 AM »

To be perfectly honest I did not care for the pilot episode much.  Too, given the track record of it's network, I was reticent to invest time into the series.  But, as there's nothing else on, and I've caught a few episodes since, I have to say it grows on you.  I've seen it described as X-Files lite but it's seems closer to PSI Factor or The Burning Zone.

It's not great TV but it's better than 99.999% of the reality shows plagueing the airwaves. 

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:33:48 PM »

I like it.  Weirdness, paranoia and humour in good proportion.  Walter Bishop is my new favourite TV character!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 06:13:21 PM »

I like it a lot more than the simialar themed 11th Hour.  The characters in Fringe are much more likable.  Though I don't really like how it seems EVERYTHING is connected to Walter and Massive Dynamic.  It's not like all scientist are employeed by one corporation.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pacman000
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »

I like it a lot more than the simialar themed 11th Hour.  The characters in Fringe are much more likable.  Though I don't really like how it seems EVERYTHING is connected to Walter and Massive Dynamic.  It's not like all scientist are employeed by one corporation.

But all the evil ones are!  Wink
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Fringe « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.