Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:46:55 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  25 Movies So Bad They're Unmissable according to rotten tomatoes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 25 Movies So Bad They're Unmissable according to rotten tomatoes  (Read 9022 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: June 06, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »

25 Movies So Bad They're Unmissable

Horrible! Utterly horrible! And yet, fascinating...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/showgirls/news/1868670/25_movies_so_bad_theyre_unmissable/

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:35 PM »

I've seen ten of those and at least heard of all the others. 
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »

I've seen 8 of them.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:48:37 PM »

Seen 18 of those, haven't heard of the other 7 before.

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 01:10:47 AM »

I've seen 9 of those. Of those 9 I only really hated Batman and Robin.

Of those I haven't seen I wanna see Showgirls (uncensored VIP edition), The Giant Spider Invasion, The Giant Claw, Frankenstien Island and Road House.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 01:38:17 AM »

Seen all but seven of these.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 05:04:26 AM »

I remember telling a Filipino friend of mine about this absolutely amazing movie I saw called For Your Height Only, the Filipino 007-knockoff starring a 2'9" midget named Weng Weng.

She told her dad about my recommendation, and his only response was "I don't think you should be friends with this person anymore."

Probably good advice, but she is still my friend. I'm surprised I have any friends at all, considering I spend a good amount of time finding horrible movies perfectly tailored for all my friends, and then I make them watch them.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 05:28:18 AM »

I've seen 16 of these.
SATAN'S SADISTS isn't that bad at all! DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN-now there's a movie to reckon with!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 06:16:30 AM »

I've got Rollerblade and Rollerblade Warriors in my collection, but even I haven't bothered with the Rollerblade 7 lol.

Still need to see Showgirls.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 08:04:20 AM »

Never seen SHOWGIRLS????

Who are you and what have you done with Jack??

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
molokai cargo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 08:19:20 AM »

Seen 20 and heard of all but the Bed that Eats, wonder what the motivation for the bed? Is it from the same family as "The Lift"???
Road House, although a cliche ridden bad movie is nowhere near the others.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 10:42:18 AM »

I've seen 12. I wouldn't say they were all "unmissible." HOWLING II was fairly forgettable except for Sybil Danning. BLACK GESTAPO was simultaneously disgusting and boring. TINY TOWN is great for 5-10 minutes before the joke wears thin. ISHTAR was just boring, nothing special. ROAD HOUSE was dopey but hardly "unmissible" to me.

Molokai: I didn't see DEATH BED but someone else wrote about it for my site. All he had to say about the bed's motivations was "The artist also attempts to explain the bed’s convoluted origins—which involve a demon trapped in a tree and a young woman whose corpse has never decomposed—but these stories invariably raise more questions than they answer..."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »

I probably own close to half of them and have seen about 70 - 75% of them.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »

I've seen two of them.

"Terror of Tiny Town"

An one-trick pony, but certainly no worst than alot of B westerns that came out about that time or later.

"Plan Nine from Outer Space"

I never understood why this one has gotten so much heat over the years. For me a "bad" film is one I've seen once and never want to see again as long as I live. And that is certainly not "Plan Nine from Outer Space." Actually, I enjoyed it alot more than alot of films that come highly praised by both critics and audiences.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 07:13:35 AM »

I've seen 13 or 14 of them. I can't remember for sure if I ever saw Howling II--I think I did. I also can't remember for sure about The Giant Spider Invasion--it sounds familiar, but if I saw it, it wasn't particularly memorable. I agree that Road House doesn't belong on this list. I get quite a bit of enjoyment from that movie. Yes, it's far-fetched and silly, but it's well done and very quotable and, overall, very entertaining. And, as the article admits, Ishtar isn't nearly as bad as it gets credit for being; it's just a financial flop whose reputation as a bad movie has grown over the years. And as for Batman and Robin, I've never understood the hatred; it's full of cheesy dialog, but it entertained me as much as any of the other Batman movies. But then again, I am probably not the biggest fan of the modern Batman movies--Adam West will always be my favorite Batman. I also don't understand why Mommie Dearest is on the list. Even the writer has nothing bad to say about it beyond calling it an "outrageously campy biopic," which is debatable; I remember seeing it when it aired and being affected by it, at least to some degree.

I want to see Death Bed and a few others on the list; I'll have to see if I can hunt them down...

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  25 Movies So Bad They're Unmissable according to rotten tomatoes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.