Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:28:35 PM
712919 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Thought Criminal Sentenced To Reeducation « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thought Criminal Sentenced To Reeducation  (Read 7055 times)
Nakuyabi
« on: June 07, 2012, 09:18:25 PM »

Rutgers student pleads guilty to ThoughtCrime
So now our state is prosecuting ThoughtCrime. Under penalty of incarceration Rutgers student Molly Wei will enter a re-education camp for indoctrination into "alternate lifestyles." The State will wash away all of her improper thoughts. No doubt she will emerge a good little automaton eager to do the bidding of her INGSOC masters.

And boy oh boy do they have plans for her. Ms. Wei will ensure that another Rutgers student, Dharun Ravi, is locked up for all eternity. The verdict has already been pre-determined, because his "victim" is Tyler Joe Clementi McAllister, yet another Rutgers student, and a closeted homosexual who committed suicide by jumping off the Tallahatchee George Washington Bridge.

Will she tell the truth? Or merely recite whatever The State tells her to say?

Who cares! Truth is what The State decides is Truth! And when it comes to homosexuality, Truth is subservient to Ideology. And, Ideology says anyone who is appalled by homosexual behavior is guilty of ThoughtCrime.

The facts are this. Wei and Ravi hooked up a webcam to watch Clementi and an unidentified man "make out" (Ravi was Clementi's roommate). That's it. They spied on two dudes playing tonsil hockey. They may, or may not, have told a few friends about what they saw. And they allegedly planned to spy on Clementi and Mystery Man again at some indeterminate time in the future.

Several days later Clementi, who incidentally never openly admitted that he had homosexual tendencies, left a cryptic suicide note and jumped to his death.

In the ensuing brouhaha Wei and Ravi were identified as Public Enemy #1, mostly because they refused to express unwavering approval for Clementi's homosexual dalliance. Mr. Ravi was indicted on fifteen counts of bias intimidation because he purportedly harbored anti-gay sentiments while spying on his roommate. Like I said, ThoughtCrime.

Prosecutors pounced on Wei and Ravi. They have now successfully browbeaten the diminutive Ms. Wei into submission. In exchange for her agreement to enter pre-trial intervention and "complete counseling for understanding alternate life styles" they will drop all charges against her. Oh, and she has to testify against Mr. Ravi.

I'm sure the "counseling" Ms. Wei undergoes won't in any way prepare her for the witness stand. Snicker.

Well, certainly not overtly anyhow.

The whole thing stinks. Clementi was 19 at the time of his death. An adult. Does he not bear some responsibility for his actions? Recall the suicide of Missouri teen Megan Meier at the age of 13. A classmates' mother created a fake MySpace profile to torment the young girl. She hung herself after reading a posting from the fake profile which said the world would be better off without her. The author of the fake profile was 49 year old Lori Drew, who used it to send a whole host of other vindictive and cruel missives to the teen before her death.

Lori Drew was never convicted of a crime.

Of course, Megan Meier wasn't a lesbian either.

One could arguably say that the "cyberbullying" against Megan Meier directly contributed to her death. She didn't wait 3 days. She didn't wait 3 hours. Megan Meier was dead 20 minutes after Lori Drew's (alleged, to avoid legal trouble I have to say "alleged") final MySpace posting.

Prosecutors admit they do not know what motivated Tyler Clementi to kill himself. But homosexual rights dogma leaves them no choice but to find someone on whom to affix blame. All that matters is that Clementi was gay, and there was someone, somewhere who might have harbored anti-gay thoughts.

Dharun Ravi fits the bill. It doesn't help that he's a Grade A jerk. But I always thought that being a jerk wasn't a crime in this country. Which would almost certainly still be true if Tyler Clementi had been caught on Candid Camera making out with a hot cheerleader instead of an unnamed gay lover.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:43:40 PM »

Inflammatory much?  She's going to counseling as part of a plea bargain to avoid jail time.  This is hardly an uncommon occurrence.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 12:11:27 PM »

Why even post this sh!t?

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »

Why even post this sh!t?

My thoughts exactly.

Question

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 08:45:29 PM »

Wasn't learning that breaking the law is bad IN school or by parents? Question

yeah no.
Nakuyabi
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 11:19:45 PM »

Inflammatory much?  She's going to counseling as part of a plea bargain to avoid jail time.  This is hardly an uncommon occurrence.

So making it a common practice to punish people for their contrary thoughts is fine with you. Got it.
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 01:33:51 AM »

So making it a common practice to punish people for their contrary thoughts is fine with you. Got it.

I am not rising to your bait.  Good day.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 09:42:06 AM »

It has NOTHING to do with their "contrary thoughts".
It was an invasion of privacy ,and if the Goverment had hooked up a web cam to watch YOU have sex- and blabbed about to the world in general-I think you would b***h about it-and want them prosecuted. No?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »

If she did jail time-she could experiance "alternative lifestyles" a lot worse than going to classes.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Nakuyabi
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »

It has NOTHING to do with their "contrary thoughts".
It was an invasion of privacy ,and if the Goverment had hooked up a web cam to watch YOU have sex- and blabbed about to the world in general-I think you would b***h about it-and want them prosecuted. No?

It has everything to do with contrary thoughts. The "invasion of privacy" charges were reasonable, although I notice you conveniently neglect to mention in your analogy that the making out and voyeurism were all taking place in Dharun Ravi's room (hardly the most private place to be having any kind of tryst), or that all he and his fellow voyeurs saw was kissing, or that his roommate Clementi brought the same guy back for another tryst later (hardly the action of someone worried about his privacy). I certainly wouldn't have gone taking a girl back to my room in college expecting nobody to notice or try to get a closer look at my making out with her.

What's not reasonable is New Jersey's "bias intimidation" and "hate crime" laws under which Wei copped a plea and Ravi was prosecuted and convicted of a felony, even though the jury found Ravi had no actual intent to intimidate Clementi and had none of the opinions for which these laws were designed to punish people! Bottom line: Molly Wei and Dharun Ravi were so harshly punished for opinions and for the things Clementi might have been thinking they thought about him, maybe, not for their petty fourth-degree invasion of Clementi's privacy. Moreover, the "counseling" to which Wei plea-bargained was nothing but a brainwashing session to ensure she is properly indoctrinated into having the "correct" opinions, which is to say those in line with the opinions of the totalitarians who wrote these evil thought crime laws in the first place.

Consider this: if someday you get pinched for some minor crime, such running into another guy's car with your car, you'd better hope and pray your victim doesn't happen to be into banging other people of the same sex, because if he is, you may find yourself facing felony hate crime charges because your victim might have reason to think your aggressive driving was meant to intimidate him and people of his "race" maybe. If you're lucky, your prosecutors might let you plea-bargain and merely be sentenced to "counseling" for those illegal opinions of yours that you may or may not have instead of sending you to prison to be raped for the amusement of your detractors. Maybe a passenger you had in the car with you will be offered a similar deal in return for testifying about what hateful bigot you are.

Does that sound like justice to you? No? If somebody rammed your car, you'd gripe about it and want them prosecuted, wouldn't you? So having you punished for your thought crimes makes perfectly good sense according to your own logic.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 06:18:11 PM »

Consider this: if someday you get pinched for some minor crime, such running into another guy's car with your car, you'd better hope and pray your victim doesn't happen to be into banging other people of the same sex, because if he is, you may find yourself facing felony hate crime charges because your victim might have reason to think your aggressive driving was meant to intimidate him and people of his "race" maybe. If you're lucky, your prosecutors might let you plea-bargain and merely be sentenced to "counseling" for those illegal opinions of yours that you may or may not have instead of sending you to prison to be raped for the amusement of your detractors. Maybe a passenger you had in the car with you will be offered a similar deal in return for testifying about what hateful bigot you are.

"banging"  Lookingup, and "race" ?? I understand your concern over the whole "thought crime" concept, but other than that I think the wording you are using may be rubbing other people the wrong way and the fact you seem intent on pushing this news story until we all agree with you??

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 09:34:40 AM »

Nakuuyabi-I'm gonna tell ya something.
You got a big mouth.
I been to jail-lotsa times.
And everytime I did go-I deserved it.
What I got arrested for -I dint do because I thought it was fun.
These morons did what they did because they thought it would be funny.
Their damn lucky they didnt go to jail.
If I was judge,jury,and executioner-thank whatever God you pray to I'm not-I'd have sentenced them to hang naked  by thir feet in Times Square so folks could spit on them.
Because I am an evil,vindictave a***ole.
At least I know it.
How about you?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Nakuyabi
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 12:20:41 PM »

"banging"  Lookingup, and "race" ??

Well, yes, I figure "banging" describes the activity as effectively as dropping an f-bomb, but without the same level of sheer obscenity. You'd prefer a more clinical "having sex with" perhaps? And yes, I put "race" in quotes because I find modern culture's overt attempts to draw up equivalence between various identity groups and ethnicities absurd: heterosexuality and homosexuality are no more "races" than Republicans and Democrats are.

I understand your concern over the whole "thought crime" concept, but other than that I think the wording you are using may be rubbing other people the wrong way and the fact you seem intent on pushing this news story until we all agree with you??

What bugs me is not disagreement, but that your first reaction was:

Why even post this sh!t?

Why even post this sh!t?

My thoughts exactly.

Question

In other words, "Shut up!"

You could have left my post alone, or you could have argued against its contentions. Instead, you and your pals ganged up and attacked me for having posted it at all, for having gotten it from a blog (as if that made any difference), and generally just for saying things you didn't want to hear. Now you're attacking my language, my personality, anything but the article's actual content. And you complain I'm rubbing you the wrong way?

If you don't think something's worth discussing, what makes you think attacking me over it is worthwhile?

Nakuuyabi-I'm gonna tell ya something.
You got a big mouth.
I been to jail-lotsa times.
And everytime I did go-I deserved it.
What I got arrested for -I dint do because I thought it was fun.
These morons did what they did because they thought it would be funny.
Their damn lucky they didnt go to jail.
If I was judge,jury,and executioner-thank whatever God you pray to I'm not-I'd have sentenced them to hang naked  by thir feet in Times Square so folks could spit on them.
Because I am an evil,vindictave a***ole.
At least I know it.
How about you?

I think you've pretty well answered yourself.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 04:57:45 PM »

Thread closed.  This is not a political discussion forum.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Thought Criminal Sentenced To Reeducation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.