Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:35:39 PM
714450 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION: It's getting a DVD treatment! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION: It's getting a DVD treatment!  (Read 1659 times)
Chris K.
« on: April 26, 2002, 06:25:28 PM »

I can't tell you how much I love Bill Rebane's classic sci-fi film THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION and I respect it as a piece of filmmaking. I haven't heard about this until now, but THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION is getting a DVD release with trailer and interviews (I don't know who is being interviewed, but I do hope it's Bill Rebane).

I like Rebane's other films INVASION FROM INNER EARTH (1974), THE ALPHA INCIDENT (1977), THE CAPTURE OF BIGFOOT (1979), and RANA: THE LEGEND OF SHADOW LAKE (1981). They are fun and entertaining films, but some might not agree. But I like them.

Questions or comments on THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION upcoming DVD release?
john
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 08:50:19 PM »

No comments on the DVD release, but I remember my parents taking me to the drive-in to see another movie and Giant Spider Invasion when I was about 8.
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 03:08:19 AM »

The fact that you remember GSI--but not the other picture--says much about the Power of Cheese.
Steven Millan
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 05:42:34 PM »

You can enormously thank Fred Olen Ray(and his DVD distribution company Retromedia Entertainment)for giving "Giant Spider Invasion" its well- desrved due,and hopefully,Mr. Ray can use all his clout at Phoenician Entertainment to make a giant mutant insect movie,hopefully with the likes of Eric Roberts(who's getting closer to working with Ray,and[pretty soon]Albert Pyun),and his good ole buddies Brinke Stevens,Peter(Orville Ketchum) Spellos,Sybil Danning,Richard Gabai,and the great Robert Quarry,and stray away from all the cluttered action crap that both he and his college beer buddy Jim Wynorski are used to lensing(Ray's latest,"Critical Mass"[a vigilante-saves-the-day flick with Treat Williams,Lori Loughlin,and Udo Kier] is on the way).
Ken Begg
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2002, 12:08:20 AM »

Is Roberts "getting closer" to working with Fred Olen Ray?  Well, considering that he worked with Olen Ray-clone Jim Wynorski in Raptor...yes.  Yes he is.
Rob Michel
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2002, 08:53:03 AM »

Oh goody. Now we get to see the guy in all his long johned glory in widescreen AND get dolby version of him saying the great line "You wouldn't know rabbit turds from rice crispies."
john
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2002, 11:27:25 PM »

Actually, I think the first movie shown with GSI was The Land That Time Forgot. They usually paired semi-similar genres together and those are the only SF/horror films I ever remember seeing at the drive in.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION: It's getting a DVD treatment! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.