Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:20:29 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have you ever tried a food challenge? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have you ever tried a food challenge?  (Read 1955 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: June 19, 2012, 03:33:24 PM »

Well, have you ever tried a food challenge, and if so, what was it?

I have, it was the Tchoupitoulas (pronounced Chop-pit-to-las) here's the description:
A sundae as big as its name — our most outrageous specialty made with eight scoops of ice cream and your choice of eight toppings served in grand fashion with whipped cream and cherries
I tried twice, and failed both times! TongueOut
Here's a pic of it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:04:51 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
Venomx73
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 03:42:42 PM »

Yes! Someone told me to try to hold a habanero pepper in my mouth for a minute.

I love hot peppers. But in this case... I failed.  hot

It's something I'll NEVER do again...
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »

Went to a place called GoGo Burgers.  Their burgers were well over a foot tall.  I had to eat 2 of them and 2 pounds of fries in an hour.  I made it through maybe a 1/4 pound of the fries and 1 1/2 burgers before it started coming back up.  Buggedout
If I had made it I would have a burger named after me, and the food would have been free.  I never really seriously prepped my body for any contest, and it certainly would've helped me here.
I have eaten a 48 ounce porterhouse (and part of my mom's too) and gotten my name on a plaque, and it's on the internet too, for Shula's Steak House.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:38:43 PM »

Went to a place called GoGo Burgers.  Their burgers were well over a foot tall.  I had to eat 2 of them and 2 pounds of fries in an hour.  I made it through maybe a 1/4 pound of the fries and 1 1/2 burgers before it started coming back up.  Buggedout
If I had made it I would have a burger named after me, and the food would have been free.  I never really seriously prepped my body for any contest, and it certainly would've helped me here.
I have eaten a 48 ounce porterhouse (and part of my mom's too) and gotten my name on a plaque, and it's on the internet too, for Shula's Steak House.
Damn man, I could probably have finished that If I was about 13 and had my tapeworm of a stomach (no, I didn't have a tapeworm, I called my stomach tapeworm since I could eat just about anything then and still feel hungry) Wink

yeah no.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:52:20 AM »

Yes, God help me.

There's a restaurant in San Antonio, TX called Chunky's that has something called the Four Horseman Burger. It was featured on Man v. Food.

I wrote about it extensively here.

The meal is a burger topped with jalapenos, serranos, habaneros, and ghost chiles. Don't get me wrong, I love spicy food, I can truck with habaneros, no problem. I was not prepared.

The burger was a gauntlet of pain. The first bite was excruciating. This was a level of spicy far beyond anything I'd ever attempted. I continued. Every single person in the restaurant was watching me try to eat this thing and cheering me on, but I didn't hear them, not really. I'd reached a separate level. I was no longer tethered to consensus reality, it was just me and this burger which was actively trying to kill me.

Halfway through the burger every orifice in my head just started leaking fluid. I was weeping tears, my nose was running, and I was drooling as if I had just gotten anesthetized by a dentist. I was willing to work through the pain, but my body eventually revolted and I had to puke up the whole thing.

That would have been bad enough, but the real freakshow was the night I spent up dealing with the whole Four Horseman issue. The food did not wish to follow the regular channels. I was left with a pit of lava in my stomach that reemerged about once an hour. I ended up rolling around on my hotel bed in intense agony. I finally spent the night in the bathroom chugging water from the faucet. I'd puke every once in a while, but puking is never an orderly process. It's made worse that what I was puking up was still no less damaging. It would come out my nose, burning the whole time, hit the toilet water and then splash back up into my face.

It was far beyond awful.

That being said, I'm disappointed with myself that I didn't finish it. I will go back to Chunky's and finish that goddamn burger. Yes, I know the pain involved, but it's a point of pride.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 04:08:28 AM »

Yeah-in Van Buern County jail.

It was a challange eatting that slop!  Wink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
dean

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 07:45:21 AM »

I really want to do a proper food challenge one of these days, but we don't have many around town that I know of off hand.  Instead my friends and I set unofficial challenges often, usually against the clock rather than sheer size because our servings are much smaller than in the U.S.

I got paid by the guys at work to swallow a tablespoon of a chilli sauce I think called 'Hazmat' once.  We had previously put it on one of the guys sandwiches as a joke, just a dollop, and he almost exploded.

I of course said ok when the money was high enough, since I love chilli and can rumble with the best on a good day.  As soon as I had some I started hiccuping and didn't stop for half an hour.  The good thing was though that once you had it down it was just dealing with the aftermath that was the problem, but by that time I had my money and was a happy chap, albiet a sweaty, sickly one.

There's also a hot wings place in the city that uses synthetic chilli on their chicken that will burn through steel.  I could only have half before I decided I didn't want to live in pain for the rest of the day.  That was terrifying, but if I hadn't already had dinner I could probably give it a crack.  The record for my friends is four wings.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »

Applebees had a contest a few years ago where you had to eat a huge cheeseburger, a mound of french fries, and a large Pepsi within 30 minutes.  If you finished everything, you got the meal free.  I did it!

Also, in the early 1990s I had a pizza eating contest against a guy at work.  We each ate 15 slices (with toppings), then decided to call it a draw.  I sat around like a slug for the rest of the day.  The other guy ended up playing for our company basketball team that night.  I have no idea how he did it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 12:27:06 PM »

My challenge was pretty tame....my best friend and sister both challenged me to cover some vanilla ice cream in ketchup and eat it all. I did but it was so completely gross that I couldn't eat the rest of the day.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:31:14 PM by tracy » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 06:04:04 PM »

Tracy!  This has nothing to do with the subject-but I love your classic actress avatars!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 01:03:14 PM »

Tracy!  This has nothing to do with the subject-but I love your classic actress avatars!
Thanks.....they don't make them like that anymore. Smile

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have you ever tried a food challenge? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.