Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:11:36 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST?  (Read 40926 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »

We went to this drive-in frequently when I was a kid.  They tore it down and replaced it with a multiplex theater in 1982.  My wife and I still go to drive-ins occasionally, but now we need to drive almost an hour to get to the closest one.

I also miss Gino's fast-food restaurants, which were popular in the 1970s:

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 11:03:12 AM »

I miss our local drive-in theater too.  It closed decades ago.  I would LOVE for my wife and I to go see movies there, that would be so fun.  But the nearest one is a 2 1/2 drive.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »

Awesome thanks, man. Karma Thumbup

Got one. I have to check this out now http://delseadrive-in.com/

Glad I could help!

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 12:26:07 PM »

When I was a little girl, my mom would somtimes take me to WOOLWORTH'S.  It was a 5 & dime store (precurser to today's Dollar Stores).  Anyway, the place had a small eatery in the middle of the store. It had long counters with the old fashioned round, stool-like seats.  As a treat, I remember my mom would order vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup for the two of us.  Our little outing was very special to me ... something only the two of us shared. The store is long gone and my Mom has been gone almost 15 years now.  But the memory of the place still makes me ... smile.  Smile

Ah, yes.....Woolworth's, Kresgees, Neisner's, and the one nearest to us, a few doors north of the Dreamland, Scott's. Five and ten stores were cool.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »

the local drive-in movie theater is actually on top of an old grocery store that hasn't re-opened since Katrina. TongueOut Once a month, they'll play a movie on top of there and admission is actually free since it's a public service. Cheers

yeah no.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 12:33:11 PM »

I grew up in Cleburne,Texas and I miss several things no longer there:

Duke and Ayres....a fabulour two-story Five and Dime where we literally spend hours of our childhood

The City News Stand....they carried all the best and most recent comics

Kitchens Bakery....they made petit fours that were so scruptious that they melted in your mouth; I can close my eyes and still taste the vanilla

The Esquire Drive-In....spent many a Friday night there in the back of the pick-up; we saw all of Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns there

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 12:37:33 PM »

Radio stations playing more than the same twelve songs every day, album cuts, album sides, whole ALBUMS!

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »

you know what I'm going to miss? Car talk, the guys are pulling the plug in October I believe.

yeah no.
Venomx73
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 01:09:34 PM »

My Haro Sport.

I lived in Trenton as a teen = it got stolen from me. I only got to ride it for a month. Hatred
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »

Tizer Ice was my favourite drink EVER. It always tasted cold even when you hadn't put it the refrigerator. They stopped making it, I think because it didn't sell too well and because it had some weird chemical in it, but I still would've drank it.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 01:16:59 PM »

I miss record stores in general, but particularly Tower Records. I was fortunate enough to have one open in my home town (Paramus, NJ) in the '80s and were the ultimate record store for the hardcore collector/geek. Most "mall" record stores might have the latest release by a certain band and maybe a best-of collection, but Tower would have every single thing they ever released, including CD singles, imports, live discs, etc., etc.... If they didn't stock it, it didn't exist.

In the early 90s I worked @ the Kmart next door to Tower and spent every lunch hour there poring through the stacks of CDs. I was there so much that people assumed I worked there and started asking me where to find such-and-such a CD.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »

"I miss Zima," said no one, ever.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Venomx73
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 02:13:56 PM »

Video Power. It was an early 90's video game show.

Small | Large

It was the first time I saw Splatter-house TG-16. I was an instant fan.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 02:38:23 PM »

I miss the fields, orchards, and forest out by my father's house.  Spent hours out there with one of the dogs (Topper or Bozo), a backback with some water and a container or two for gathering berries in the right seasons, and my bb gun or .22.  In the summer there would be these huge grasshoppers along the fields that I'd use the bb gun again. 

I miss the neighborhood around my mom's house.  We spent our summers playing war with plastic guns, running through fields, crawling along hedgerows, and sneaking behind cars.  I knew every tree, every fence and hedge (and every hole through a fence), and every shed in that neighborhood.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »

I miss arcades too but not as much as some might.. I do have a classic arcade downtown I can go to, and I have my own mini-arcade in my house and tons of old games on my computer.  So I'm generally happy with that.
Drive-ins I also miss.  Got 2 or 3 still in Oregon but they're only seasonal and play only new stuff.
From what I recall Mr. Steak was rather good back in the day.

And I miss getting these from the store:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:27:10 PM by retrorussell » Logged

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.