Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:54:09 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  One of the Wachowski Brothers becomes Wachowski Sister « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: One of the Wachowski Brothers becomes Wachowski Sister  (Read 8094 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: August 01, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/30/matrix-director-sex-change-larry-wachowski_n_1720944.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 10:46:55 AM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pilgermann

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 11:13:06 AM »

I thought this happened a long while back, but I guess he's finished the process?  I'll still refer to them as the Wachowski Brothers 'cause well, they are.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »

I know I am hopelessly old fashioned, but sex change operations seemed to me like the ultimate expression of utter contempt for God.  For crying out loud, if He meant for you to be a girl He would have made you one!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »

^Blame genetics Indy, not God.

Speaking of sex change, wasn't the singer for Against Me! having one? Question

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 08:12:03 PM »

I know I am hopelessly old fashioned, but sex change operations seemed to me like the ultimate expression of utter contempt for God.  For crying out loud, if He meant for you to be a girl He would have made you one!!!
I can't claim to understand it.  But I do believe people have the right to be who they want to be.  Even if they may seem physically unattractive.  
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:41:13 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »

For crying out loud, if He meant for you to be a girl He would have made you one!!!

In your opinion (you forgot that bit). People can do what they want. They will continue to do what they want regardless of what other people think they should be doing. They're happy, so don't go getting bent out of shape over how strangers are leading their lives. Indy, you're not having a sex change, so your god will be cool. I'm sure you won't end up in hell with a ton of plastic surgeons and transgender members of the public.  Wink

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 09:29:23 AM »

I know, I know,  but still .  . . in my PERSONAL OPINION . . . Eeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »

Yeah, I seem to recall hearing stories about this while they were still making the Matrix trilogy.  I feel bad for people with gender/sex identity issues - it seems like a very difficult thing to deal with, and the US has to be one of the worst places in the West to live with such issues.  Then again, the Wachowski's are extremely rich, so it's probably easier for this one than most.

I know, I know,  but still .  . . in my PERSONAL OPINION . . . Eeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buggedout

What do you think God intended for the intersexed?  Genuinely curious.  I'd always figured that must be a conundrum for followers of biblical religion when you consider the differences, especially in the Old Testament, in the treatment of men and women, but I don't think I've ever heard a discussion on it.  It's fairly obvious American society as a whole is uncomfortable with the whole thing.

It reminds me of a short autobiographical story I read once, about a part-American Indian person who was born with strong characteristics of both sexes.  The Indian grandmother thought it a blessing, essentially; the converted Christian parents thought it a literally Satanic curse. 
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 02:58:11 PM »

Dang, s/he's one ugly girl.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 04:56:09 AM »

Weird. Plain old weird.On a different subject=why is the fast food gay thread locked? Are we not allowed to talk about this? Whars up?
I aint been here a couple days-been working alot and been at Tina's-why cant we discuss this without calling each  hateful?
And this is coming from ME-a very radical person. I believe a person can do whatever they want-when they try to push there beliefs on you-f**k em.
Right wing-left wing-f**kem. I dont have wings. If you dont have wings you can fly.
If it aint hurting people-leave them alone.Your gods and politics seem to be polorizing bulls**t-and the source of reasons to kill each other-its insane and stupid.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 10:27:11 AM »

If it aint hurting people-leave them alone.Your gods and politics seem to be polorizing bulls**t-and the source of reasons to kill each other-its insane and stupid.

This is exactly the problem. Certain people keep bringing up topics and expressing their views on it when they know full well other people will instantly disagree. Unfortuntely these people constantly feel the need to keep telling us what is apparently "wrong" and something that they cannot get their heads around due to either religious or political belief. We will all continue to butt heads over these "issues" each time a topic like this pops up. I fully understand and respect that everyone has different opinions on things, but when it comes to judging people's lives and "casting stones" I really don't see the point of trying to hammer home your religious views in particular. If your god judges all people, then let him do it and stop coming on a nice internet forum and filling it with ignorant bile. FACT - You cannot stop homosexuality or people having sex changes. FACT - they are doing you no harm. Leave them alone. It's all because "you weren't raised that way and you don't understand it."

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »

If your god judges all people, then let him do it.

The Bible actually says things to that effect. Of course, few people find it to their advantage to quote those parts at everyone. Even to people who believe the whole thing without question, the Bible is a smorgasbord. Take a bunch of what you like and leave the rest.

FACT - You cannot stop homosexuality or people having sex changes. FACT - they are doing you no harm. Leave them alone.

That's pretty much the conclusion I finally came to. Even Indy acknowledges that they aren't necessarily bad people or doing harm to anyone else. If it's all a matter of their relationship with God, then that's strictly their business and nobody else's.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »

I was curious as to how people felt about the controversy, because I enjoy the opinions of everyone here - including yours, Circus!  I didn't even know Naku was still around.  But, he did pretty much what I said he would do in my initial response to his post - he got the thread locked down. 

And yeah, the Westboro Baptist shot was probably a low blow on my part.

But why have an off topic discussion board if we can't enjoy the occasional off topic discussion?

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  One of the Wachowski Brothers becomes Wachowski Sister « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.